Sony- 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo Memory Card(Open box) - $32.99

You can get a 4GB for $25-30. Even at $32.99, its overpriced especially for Sony brand. Sony brand is slow in both reading and writing and its own files takes up more space.

If you're getting a MSPro Duo, get Sandisk.

[quote name='iazybandit']You can get a 4GB for $25-30. Even at $32.99, its overpriced especially for Sony brand. Sony brand is slow in both reading and writing and its own files takes up more space.

If you're getting a MSPro Duo, get Sandisk.[/QUOTE]

I've just got my first PSP and I'm in the look out for a high capacity MS.

I ordered this 4Gb knock off from DX for $23. It seem to get decent reviews and pretty cheap.

However, if you can show me where to get a 4Gb Sandisk Pro Duo for $25-$30, I'll be all over it for sure. Can you post a link to such a deal.

[quote name='Asgardian']I've just got my first PSP and I'm in the look out for a high capacity MS.

I ordered this 4Gb knock off from DX for $23. It seem to get decent reviews and pretty cheap.

However, if you can show me where to get a 4Gb Sandisk Pro Duo for $25-$30, I'll be all over it for sure. Can you post a link to such a deal.[/quote]

Never get cheap fake knockoffs. They are very slow in speeds and corrupt within weeks. There has been so many reports of them being absolute crap after some usage.

Lexar (which I recommend over Sandisk overall in price and value performance) usually runs sales on 4gb for 30 or so and every so often a 8gb for only 50 dollars. Usually from frys.com and don't require rebates.

[quote name='BarryC']Lexar cards are complete crap. They might as well be the generic Sony knock-offs.[/quote]

How so? I use a Lexar 8 gb and haven't had any problems with it.

All 3 Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duos I've had failed on me within 6 months-- quit being read by card readers, or would spazz out during read/writes and "lock up" as if they didn't exist.

Never have had that issue with Sony Memory Sticks...

[quote name='BarryC']Lexar cards are complete crap. They might as well be the generic Sony knock-offs.[/quote]

How so? Between GF and I, we have a 4GB and 8GB lexars, 1GB 2GB and 4GB regular and gaming edition sandisks (note that regular and gaming editions are same exact speeds). Both run all plugins and such and are both quality products that have been used for months sans the 8GB for only a couple of months. Speadreality memory card test (google it) shows that lexars are FASTER than regular/gaming sandisks and slightly slower than Sandisks Ultra II which are usually much more expensive end of the memory card spectrum. Plus many users in the past said there was no problems with lexars on both ofw and cfw.

Post actual facts and constructive criticism next time before you spread your fanboyism crap on these boards. thanks :D

[quote name='kosmos13x']How so? Between GF and I, we have a 4GB and 8GB lexars, 1GB 2GB and 4GB regular and gaming edition sandisks (note that regular and gaming editions are same exact speeds). Both run all plugins and such and are both quality products that have been used for months sans the 8GB for only a couple of months. Speadreality memory card test (google it) shows that lexars are FASTER than regular/gaming sandisks and slightly slower than Sandisks Ultra II which are usually much more expensive end of the memory card spectrum. Plus many users in the past said there was no problems with lexars on both ofw and cfw.

Post actual facts and constructive criticism next time before you spread your fanboyism crap on these boards. thanks :D[/quote]

You make very good points but.... is there really such a thing as memory stick brand fanboys? i LOL'd at this one.

On the sony card...Sony isnt bad if your just wanting it for official firmware stuff. They work and are reliable. $32 dollars is a decent deal imo but like others have mentioned there are sandisk and lexars that are around that price new. They are both a bit faster than sony.

Good deal for the general users out there.

i have all 3 brands (sony, sandisk,lexar)-and find the lexar better. the lexar (4gb) reads/writes faster then my sandisk (4 gb) and my sony (2gb) is slow on just about everything. From my digatel camera, my psp, and my cell phone, the lexar works the best. Have had a 2gb sony stick corrupt on me and lose all my psp saves ( almost 2 years worth of games) and anything i switch the sandisk to, the new item to use it wants to re-format the stick, were the lexar (and suprisingly the sony) go from device to device with no problems. It's not an overly bad deal for a sony 4gb, but I'd save the money and wait for a sans or lex to go on sale (if you need a psp stick, try and get a 512 to hold you over for game saves till something better comes along). I will note though for this price I'v gotten the 4 gig sealed w/ shipping (sometimes cheaper) off ebay if you don't mind waitign a couple days

To the guy who bashed Lexar...actually use the card before writing something about it. I have 3 Lexar cards, 2 Sandisk cards, and 1 sony card...and the Lexars are easily the fastest and best of the bunch. I picked a bunch of 2gb and 4gb Lexars up from Frys.com over a year ago and they have been nothing but perfect for me. My Fiancee, and several other people I know use them for cameras, video cameras, etc, and there has never been a problem. From my experience, Lexar cards are the cream of the crop, as they are the cheapest and easily outperform the competition. Why pay more for a card that doesn't work as well?

[quote name='Asgardian']I've just got my first PSP and I'm in the look out for a high capacity MS.

However, if you can show me where to get a 4Gb Sandisk Pro Duo for $25-$30, I'll be all over it for sure. Can you post a link to such a deal.[/QUOTE]
I would never order from eBay or order from Asia. They're either bootlegs or cheap knockoffs.
[quote name='kosmos13x']Never get cheap fake knockoffs. They are very slow in speeds and corrupt within weeks. There has been so many reports of them being absolute crap after some usage.

Lexar (which I recommend over Sandisk overall in price and value performance) usually runs sales on 4gb for 30 or so and every so often a 8gb for only 50 dollars. Usually from frys.com and don't require rebates.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, never get knockoffs. I say Lexar is on par with Sandisk but would choose Sandisk due to reliability. I never had a problem with them.
[quote name='BarryC']Lexar cards are complete crap. They might as well be the generic Sony knock-offs.[/QUOTE]
Lexar are not crap. As stated above, its on par with Sandisk. I wont buy Sony brand. Overpriced accessories and slow as hell in both reading and writing.

bread's done
Back