Sony 5.1 Home Theater @ CC for $159 shipped!

FRAUD_WHATS_THAT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Caught this on another website (passwird.com) and sounds pretty cheap!

Sony HT-DDW700 Home Theater System $159.99 shipped at Circuit City

Circuit City has the Sony HT-DDW700 Home Theater System at $159.99. Features: 5.1-channel home theater audio system with 800-watt receiver, 5 satellite speakers, and 8-inch subwoofer. Free shipping.

sony_HT-DDW700.jpg

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=147320&WT.mc_n=57&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=AFFILIATE%20MARKETING&cm_cat=BEFREE&cm_pla=DATAFEED->PRODUCTS&cm_ite=1%20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=57

looks like a decent price. I might either pick this up or the 800 watt panasonic i saw at buy.com for 150 shipped with GCO. Any Idea when this deal ends?

Also, I have a home theater question...

My LCD tv has a bunch of connections and one of them is digital audio out. MY question is, if I hook my digital audio out to a theater receiver does that mean that anything I have input to my tv (games systems, cable box, etc.) will be put out through the receiver/speakers? Also, would that than be dolby II?

yea this is a good deal if you already have a dvd player - you can use it as a reciever. keep in mind you will also have to buy stands/mounts for the side and rear speakers.

[quote name='killadrilla']yea this is a good deal if you already have a dvd player - you can use it as a reciever. keep in mind you will also have to buy stands/mounts for the side and rear speakers.[/QUOTE]

You Don't have to buy Stands/Mounts for the Speakers. They are optional.

[quote name='BasketCase1080'] My LCD tv has a bunch of connections and one of them is digital audio out. MY question is, if I hook my digital audio out to a theater receiver does that mean that anything I have input to my tv (games systems, cable box, etc.) will be put out through the receiver/speakers? Also, would that than be dolby II?[/quote]

It doesn't work like that. From my experience with my LCD, the digital out only works to get sound from an HDMI input. So, my cable box runs the signal in to the TV via HDMI and then the sound goes to the receiver from there over the optical line.

I have game systems (like my PS2 and 360) also hooked up and the optical sound doesn't get there unless I run them directly to the stereo. If I run them through the component jacks (3 colors and 2 sound), I will get sound from the TV. You can get the R/W sound out from most TV's to your stereo by a R/W output.

When I got my LCD, it was completely different than what I had. In the past, everything ran through the stereo. Now, everything runs through the TV. My stereo just doesn't have the inputs that my TV does.

Hope this helps.

TBW

bread's done
Back