Sony Bravia tv won't play old consoles? Help!

sgt.bludhound

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ok I have a Sony Bravia tv 32" if that matters. The thing is my ps2 won't play on the tv, and I recently accquired a dreamcast which doesn't work as well, I connected it to the video 2 outlet red white yellow, and nothing.. Any help would be appreciated

The thing is there is no video 1, on the video 2 there is the outlet for rwy cables, yet it doesn't show on my tv, I just get a no signal, the other outlets on my tv are for component cables, rgb...

Tv, video 2, video1(not bold, but I tried from the menu option) component1 &2, hdmi1,2,3, and pc. I have the dreamcast connected to the side of the tv the only area that can take red yellow and white cables, tried video 1 and 2 still says "no signal"

have you tried like a dvd player or vcr to see if those work. ive got an older bravia and mine has zero issues. im only using one set of jacks for my games though. I have them all on a selector switch so i just put it on video 1 and then press the system button.

Aren't a lot of old consoles rendered in 480i or 240p and some tvs have trouble rendering that?

bread's done
Back