Sony drops price on PSP to $199

Wow, they are REALLY trying to compete with the DS, and the soon-to-be DS Lite. Didn't Sony say themselves there would never be a pricedrop on the system?

[quote name='gizmogc']Wow, they are REALLY trying to compete with the DS, and the soon-to-be DS Lite. Didn't Sony say themselves there would never be a pricedrop on the system?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they ever said "never".

If this drops to a $179 core package... and just maybe it will steal some DS sales away...

Some new colors will be nice also..

Definitely going to have to re-purchase a PSP soon... the timing seems to be right, what with it getting a "price drop" and some major releases recently.

That's going to suck for those trying to sell their used ones. Maybe sony will release the 3.00 firmware with the price drop?

Has anyone actually seen the Core Units at this price anywhere yet? I'm hoping to get one from Best Buy in the next few days as I got a double-reward-zone points coupon in the mail, and I was thinking of picking up a PSP anyway... of course if they're just going to trickle in, who knows when I'll see one...

the new $199 PSPs come with firmware 2.61,

which has been confirmed to play no homebrew at all.

(GTA exploit dont work).

these days I dont even play homebrew tho

so with all the new games coming,

Im ready to upgrade when the time comes

bread's done
Back