sony fix on unsealed ps2?

Broken seal = broken warranty. Don't waste your time trying to get Sony to fix it for you. They will charge you for repairs.

[quote name='spidey']Broken seal = broken warranty. Don't waste your time trying to get Sony to fix it for you. They will charge you for repairs.[/quote]

Most systems with DRE's have expired warranties to begin with.

[quote name='red flare graf'][quote name='spidey']Broken seal = broken warranty. Don't waste your time trying to get Sony to fix it for you. They will charge you for repairs.[/quote]

Most systems with DRE's have expired warranties to begin with.[/quote]

Bingo. Those warranty times are amazing. Damn things always break the day after it expires. :lol:

[quote name='paz9x']has anybody had any success of having sony fix a ps2 with dre's that has a broken seal?[/quote]
They fixed mine with a broken seal.

[quote name='paz9x']well im calling that number tomorrow, I will post what they say about the broken seal.[/quote]

Do not mention the broken seal when they call, unless they specifically ask you about it.
They fixed my PS2 and the seal was broken (I tried to fix it myself).

Just remember the Army's moto: don't ask, don't tell.

I think it's a little luck, and a little of the specific place or person that your talking to, some follow the rules, some won't care. Just a question, I tried to install a modchip in my xbox but the modchip doesn't work, If I bought a new modchip, and my xbox is fine (i know this) would some place repair it. Anyone done this? Where?

cheapyd, i think thats the navys motto.

i sent my ps2 in for sony to fix and it took forever!! it took like a month when other people reported getting it back within 4 days. it didnt even come back in time for ffXI. i had to "borrow" a friends.

and how did your ps2 seal get removed?

[quote name='Syncmaster']I think it's a little luck, and a little of the specific place or person that your talking to, some follow the rules, some won't care. Just a question, I tried to install a modchip in my xbox but the modchip doesn't work, If I bought a new modchip, and my xbox is fine (i know this) would some place repair it. Anyone done this? Where?[/quote]

I don't understand. You said that your Xbox is fine, so there's nothing for someone to repair. And you said you're gonna buy a new modchip, so no one would have to repair the modchip. So you're asking if someone would repair what?

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='paz9x']well im calling that number tomorrow, I will post what they say about the broken seal.[/quote]

Do not mention the broken seal when they call, unless they specifically ask you about it.
They fixed my PS2 and the seal was broken (I tried to fix it myself).

Just remember the Army's moto: don't ask, don't tell.[/quote]

Exactly!

Also if you were smart enough you wouldn't have broken the seal and just rather have removed most of the sticker. Like that you can just stick it back on and use a black sharpie to cover the "void" warnings after removing the sticker.

Trying to fix it yourself is bogus anyway - you only have about a 25% chance of making things better. My ps2 stopped playing star wars Ep2 and I tried to fix it, but it still won't play it even after trying every single setting on that damn wheel.

[quote name='spidey']Broken seal = broken warranty. Don't waste your time trying to get Sony to fix it for you. They will charge you for repairs.[/quote]

They fixed my roommates with a broken seal. The DRE has nothing to do with that. Sony sold a defective product which is why they fix them free.

I called today, they didnt ask if the seal was broken, they did ask if it had been modded though. Mine hasnt been. I will be shipping it to them tomorrow.

If they happen to give me some poop about the seal being broken I will let you all know.

[quote name='paz9x']I called today, they didnt ask if the seal was broken, they did ask if it had been modded though. Mine hasnt been. I will be shipping it to them tomorrow.

If they happen to give me some poop about the seal being broken I will let you all know.[/quote]

Awesome news.. I'll probably try the same thing, then. Well.. once my FFXI addiction dies down just a little.. or alot..

I'm just gonna wait till the price drop and buy the new one with the sensor.

No way I'm gonna pay the $20+ for shipping just to get a fixed old model.

OFF TOPIC - There are several threads about "shady deals" involving not mentioning something in order to get something you shouldnt rightfully get. The ggc coupon for $19.99 and above games being used on cheaper games for instance.

How is not telling sony that you broke the seal and opened it up while they are trying to troubleshoot the system over the phone prior to getting an RA different?

I understand the obvious differences, but the principle is very similar.

Im fairly new to this board so Im not on the know about everything around here but I have become tired of reading people endlessly flaming everybody posting a thread containign a "shady deal"

Cheapy, you make a closely related post here, "dont ask dont tell"

I have no problem with that no problem with your specific post, it just seems very inconsistent.

If Sony wanted that information they would ask you. If they ask you, tell them the truth.
It is not shady, it is not dishonest.
No need to volunteer information that is not asked of you.

Are you going to tell them about everything that has happened to your PS2 since you got it?

Broken seal only voids warranty. If you have a PS2 that is over 90 days old, it dose not matter if you have a broken seal/opened your PS2!

[quote name='CheapyD']If Sony wanted that information they would ask you. If they ask you, tell them the truth.
It is not shady, it is not dishonest.
No need to volunteer information that is not asked of you.

Are you going to tell them about everything that has happened to your PS2 since you got it?[/quote]

I agree with that, and stated previously I didnt have a problem with what you posted.

I was tryign to draw a line between what you had said and what seem to be very common posts on "deals" which seemed to get flamed endlessly.

How is not being completely honest in this way different from the other "not fully honest deal" posts?

You didnt respond to the inconsistencies

I dont want this to turn into an argument (I will surely lose) just wanted to hear your thoughts on it.

[quote name='red flare graf'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']they're shockingly easy to fix yourself.
dig it:

http://www.techtv.com/xplay/features/story/0,24330,3516150,00.html[/quote]

Didn't fix mine. Didn't fix Scrubking's.[/quote]

Are you serious?? It's so ridiculously easy to fix, it's not even funny. And I can't even put my pants on correctly most of the time. If it doesn't work, you're not trying hard enough.....it takes patience. Seriously, the Tech TV fix DOES WORK, but I have to open the PS2 up about once every three weeks, and it takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours (guessing and checking with that bastard little white gear). Why deal with Sony when you don't have to?

I tried that and it works. for about two loads, then ive gotta open it again and realign it.

def not worth it, ill pay my shipping and have it fixed right.

[quote name='PuNkNeB'][quote name='red flare graf'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']they're shockingly easy to fix yourself.
dig it:

http://www.techtv.com/xplay/features/story/0,24330,3516150,00.html[/quote]

Didn't fix mine. Didn't fix Scrubking's.[/quote]

Are you serious?? It's so ridiculously easy to fix, it's not even funny. And I can't even put my pants on correctly most of the time. If it doesn't work, you're not trying hard enough.....it takes patience. Seriously, the Tech TV fix DOES WORK, but I have to open the PS2 up about once every three weeks, and it takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours (guessing and checking with that bastard little white gear). Why deal with Sony when you don't have to?[/quote]
I fixed mine 3 times but after 2 weeks or so it would give me DRE. I finally was fed up and decided to send it to Sony. They replaced the drive for me :) And now it works great. Why not just spend the $13.00 for S/H and send it to Sony.

One of my friends at college told me Sony lost some kind of lawsuit about faulty hardware and that's why they fix everything for free. Is this true or was he just speaking out of his ass? I couldn't tell.

As I stated earlier the "wheel gear" fix DOES NOT WORK 100%.

You have about a 25% chance of fixing it without more problems.

No matter how "easy" people say it is the fact is that it doesn't assure a fixed ps2. There is probably a higher chance of you breaking it instead of fixing it.

I'll repeat myself again and say that I tried every setting on that damn gear and it still didn't play my dvd or stop dre's. At best it just made dre's less frequent.

bread's done
Back