sony keyboard/controller?

I don't believe sony has 1 out yet but I have the Logitech full keyboard I used for Everquest online adventures, it was actually pretty decent but you need to put it on your lap or something. I will also be on FFXI under the name "Spiritseed" if it is not taken.

The Sharkboard works great for 10$ but the coard is short. Any USB keyboard will work so find a good one you like and get that. To answer your question sony doesnt make a KB for ps2 but they do have VAIO kbs.

not counting the Shark board there are 3 keyboard controllers (that I've seen) for the PS2 but none of them are by Sony.

On the Logitech KB, has anyone tried it yet? I bought a dual anolog logitech controller for my computer a while back for FFonline and it was rediculously crappy. The sticks were loose and could not be centered causing random camera movment and walking in unintended directions.

My only trouble with the shark board was finding a place to put it that would allow me to type fast and pic up my controller again. The other KB controllers have it uilt right into the controller to be quickly typed on with your thumbs.

of the two that are non-logitech I like the looks of this one best... but I;ll want to try and find a review of it first before I decide.

i have a (probably stupid) question. If i have a usb computer keyboard, can I plug it in 1 of the PS2s and use it?

Oh, and does FFXI support voice chat?

[quote name='Sockey']i have a (probably stupid) question. If i have a usb computer keyboard, can I plug it in 1 of the PS2s and use it?

Oh, and does FFXI support voice chat?[/quote]

yup save your money that way instead of buying some bulky hybrid logitech/game controller keyboard. ANY usb keyboard will work. I can confirm this with my generic $2 usb keyboard.

no built in voice chat for FF.

If you have a USB keyboard that sits nicely i your lap or youhave a table to sit it on you're good to go. but I have like 3 or 4 usb keyboards and no place to sit them comfortably while I play. Thats why I'm concidering the Sammy controller...besides I dont have a second PS2 controller at ALL!

(four controller ports? FEH! USELESS TO ME!) :p

The Logitech one is the only one that is licensed by Sony, and the price has been falling on them since their inception. It's actually a really nice controller, and worth what I paid for it.

------------
PS2 NYKO iType2 Controller reg $40+; $25 or less at BB b&m w/ggc
Here's the pic/description, PS2 w/mini keyboard:
$35 @ EB
Cheap ass link

Best Buy near me had it on sale or price-dropped to $29, so $25 w/GGC, but manager told me it's not selling at all so maybe it will be cheaper. YMMV

------------

controller/keyboard click for PIC
Cheap ass link

UPDATE:
pricedropped at my BB to $25, so now $20w/GGC

I actually have a PS2 branded USB keyboard and mouse that I got when I bought the PS2 Linux kit. It's actually pretty cool although the mouse cable is a bit short. The keyboard has a built in USB port so you only have to use one port on the system while the mouse is connected to the keyboard itself.

[quote name='MrBrando']if I got a wireless keyboard that had a USB port, would that work with the PS2?[/quote]

Probably not since that sort of technology usually requires a driver to be installed.

bread's done
Back