Sony Playstation 3 Receipt

InfiniteStill

CAGiversary!
Hello, I bought a Sony Playstation 3 in late October 2007. However, I lost the damn receipt. I've torn apart everything I own looking for it, but it's nowhere to be found. This means I can't get my five free Blu-Ray movies using the mail-in-rebate.

That really sucks.

Would someone be awesome enough to scan and then e-mail me their receipt? I only need to send in the original PS3 UPC barcode and a COPY of the receipt for the rebate. This way, I can get my five free movies.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Please let me know. Thanks again!

P.S. Date on your receipt doesn't matter so long as it was purchased between October 1st 2007 and now. See rebate here:
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/00/94/66/87/94668750._V4950257_.pdf

**UPDATE 01/15: Per suggestion in this thread, I tried bringing the entire console back to the store I purchased from. They said they could not search for the receipt via the serial. This is a nightmare. Any help bringing it to a close is very appreciated.

Wouldnt our receipt have a different upc code on it or whatever?

And yeah...
I missed out on the 1st batch of free movies.
I bought mine In August, and it expired in october.

So what I did was scan my receipt, and photoshopped it so It said I bought it october 4th, instead of Agust 4th, that way I'd be eligible for the second batch of movies.
=/

I'm sure that's considered fraud, but in the end I really did own a ps3, and cut out the box, so it should be forgiven...
I just sent it out yesterday, and I'm not sure if they do some sort of "check" before you get your movies; lkike if theyll contact amazon to make sure my receipt is legit....Anyone know if they do?

lol anyway...point is I'll find my receipt from amazon and scan it, but Im not sure if itll work, itll be my name and stuff, and if they find out I really bought it in august, thatd suck for both of us.

im pretty sure alot of this thread is already borderline lockable and maybe even deletable since this thread is basically asking for fraud. but if you want a replacement of yours you can go to wherever you bought it and have them reprint you a receipt.

[quote name='InfiniteStill']
P.S. Date on your receipt doesn't matter so long as it was purchased between October 1st 2007 and now. See rebate here:
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/00/94/66/87/94668750._V4950257_.pdf[/quote]
Mine was August, that's why I had to change it to October.

And I dont see why this thread is "fruad"; the guy said he wants the blue ray movies, have a lil faith in him.
It's not fraud, he bought the console, he's shipping the cardboard box UPC to them as well, proof that he would own a console.

If you're refearing to me changing my receipt date from august to october, I still wouldnt consider it fraud; in the end I'm showing a receipt of a console I purchased, giving them the upc off the ps3 box.
The only wrong doing here is that I was late a couple weeks with sending my 5 free blue ray thing in, so I had to change the date to still take advantage of a deal that I deserve

Whoa, fraud? How in the hell do you figure that? In any event, I've already tried asking for a receipt reprint from the store I bought it from. No luck. I paid cash and the customer service reps wouldn't be arsed to do a seek and find.

This is not a fraud request. As stated in original thread, I purchased a PS3 in late October. I have lost the receipt which doubly sucks, not only because I'm getting the shaft on the Blu-Ray deal, I'm also going to have a b* of a time getting warranty support (if ever needed).

Gamer to gamer, have a little understanding please. I appreciate the help from anyone willing. Obviously, I will ammend your receipt to correctly reflect my original store of purchase, store number, store address, phone, and the UPC# of MY PlayStation 3. Essentially, reprinting what the store won't.

Thanks once more in advance. I appreciate the help.

[quote name='InfiniteStill']Whoa, fraud? How in the hell do you figure that? In any event, I've already tried asking for a receipt reprint from the store I bought it from. No luck. I paid cash and the customer service reps wouldn't be arsed to do a seek and find.quote]

Each gaming console has a specific serial number which is scanned when a store receives it. So bring the console and the box back to the store and tell those fuckers to give you a receipt.

Oh and McNutsack (fitting name), changing anything on the receipt so that your purchase date falls within the timeline of the free offer is, in fact, fraud.

[quote name='Malik112099']

Oh and McNutsack (fitting name), changing anything on the receipt so that your purchase date falls within the timeline of the free offer i's, in fact, fraud.[/quote]

Ill bear that in mind when I'm watching my 5 free blue ray movies that the company didn't contact amazon to do a background check on me and my true purchase date.

Don't hate tha playa', hate the game.

[quote name='McNutsack']Ill bear that in mind when I'm watching my 5 free blue ray movies that the company didn't contact amazon to do a background check on me and my true purchase date.

Don't hate tha playa', hate the game.[/quote]

just letting the ignorant know what they are doing while they call it something else

[quote name='Malik112099']just letting the ignorant know what they are doing while they call it something else[/quote]
If you had some logical merit behind your opinion I'd probably take you seriously.

Right now my facts are carved in stone:
I have the receipt.
You get free movies if you have a receipt.
I was a week late to get the 1st set of movies, so I'm getting the second.

Free movies are free movies, and a purchased ps3 is a purchased ps3.
Having a cutout UPC is all they care about, showing I own this console.
Just because I didn't meet their deadline to get the 1st batch of subpar movies doesn't mean I'm in big trouble for going after their second set of subpar movies, and it doesn't mean I don't deserve them, it just means I'm not eligible for their 1st set anymore.

[quote name='McNutsack']If you had some logical merit behind your opinion I'd probably take you seriously.

I have the receipt.

Just because I didn't meet their deadline to get the 1st batch of subpar movies doesn't mean I'm in big trouble for going after their second set of subpar movies, and it doesn't mean I don't deserve them, it just means I'm not eligible for their 1st set anymore.[/quote]

You cheated the system. Its like claiming return fraud is fair game as long as the register is open and you yell "LOOK OVER THERE A FLYING MONKEY!" then grab the money for your title and run. :/ Its still not right.

Hmm.. I wonder if yelling...

[quote name='McNutsack']If you had some logical merit behind your opinion I'd probably take you seriously.

I have the receipt.

Just because I didn't meet their deadline to get the 1st batch of subpar movies doesn't mean I'm in big trouble for going after their second set of subpar movies, and it doesn't mean I don't deserve them, it just means I'm not eligible for their 1st set anymore.[/QUOTE]

You should have looked at the date required to be eligible for the free movies. Then you would have bought the PS3 knowing you weren't eligible for free movies and wouldn't get any.

[quote name='McNutsack']So what I did was scan my receipt, and photoshopped it so It said I bought it october 4th, instead of Agust 4th, that way I'd be eligible for the second batch of movies.[/quote]

Ok, I'm against fraudalant claims, but Sony's offering blu-ray movies as an incentive. If the requirement is to have a PS3, and he does, it's not really cheating the system. It may not be at the specific date, or have some other minor technicality, but I'm sure if he called the right person at sony or whever, he could still get the offer extended...

In fact, I bought a PS3 from somebody used, but they never cashed in on the BR offer, so I'm gonna call Sony and see if I can work some CS magic :)

Mind you, I'm not anywhere near positive that they'll do it, but since the whole thing is to get people excited about BR, I suppose making another PS3 owner happy might be within their advertising budget. I'll post about it if they give me anything.

[quote name='Malik112099']
Each gaming console has a specific serial number which is scanned when a store receives it. So bring the console and the box back to the store and tell those fuckers to give you a receipt.[/QUOTE]

Dude or dudette, Malik helped you. With the information in this quote.

[quote name='Gourd']Dude or dudette, Malik helped you. With the information in this quote.[/QUOTE]
What a pain in the ass this was. I unplugged my PS3 console, lugged the thing back to the store I bought it from, explained the lost receipt issue and asked them to reprint one for me using the serial on the unit. After a few more customer service reps buzzed about, I was finally told they could only do the lookup via credit card or reward card.

I explained I paid via cash and did not have a reward card at the time. They said they couldn't do a lookup with just the serial as their aptly named POS doesn't have the feature required to do so.

In otherwords, I'm SOL from the original retailer.

Anyone willing to please just e-mail me a scan of your PS3 receipt? As stated previously, all I want to do is effectively "reprint" my receipt. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

bread's done
Back