Sony Playstation Home - Gen. Discussion & Info - Open Beta Available Now

[quote name='Blackout']The Miis are completely retarded, and the 360 ones are lame as well. Yeah they have an awkwardness about them. Out of all 3 I like Sony's the best, but everyone looks like a generic person. That's a problem. And I'm not spending X amount of money on a virtual t-shirt. I don't even spend X amount of money on real clothes. Why would I do it for a virtual world? :D[/quote]

You just said it. Everyone looks like a generic person. Hell, my mii looks more like me than my HOME guy and I actually tried.

I played another hour of this and I don't really ever want to again. Had a little fun being a woman and having a bunch of guys come up and say "HEY BABY" and then I would yell out "TRANSFOOOOOORM!" and then turn into the ugliest man possible...they did not stick around much after that.

[quote name='leveskikesko']You just said it. Everyone looks like a generic person. Hell, my mii looks more like me than my HOME guy and I actually tried.[/quote]

I don't get it. In real life, I look like the most generic white guy ever, so I can't for the life of me figure out why I cannot make an avatar on any of these systems that looks like me. It boggles my mind.

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']I played another hour of this and I don't really ever want to again. Had a little fun being a woman and having a bunch of guys come up and say "HEY BABY" and then I would yell out "TRANSFOOOOOORM!" and then turn into the ugliest man possible...they did not stick around much after that.[/quote]

:lol: I still love how easy that is. shows how many people on Home are mostly highschoolers or younger >_

Ok I finished messing around with Home and.....I gotta say, it's pretty pathetic how little there is to do after all this time. I didn't get a chance to check out the arcade games because they were constantly taken. I doubt that's the make or break of Home anyway. After all this time, this is what Sony gives us? I dunno, seems pretty bare to me.

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']I played another hour of this and I don't really ever want to again. Had a little fun being a woman and having a bunch of guys come up and say "HEY BABY" and then I would yell out "TRANSFOOOOOORM!" and then turn into the ugliest man possible...they did not stick around much after that.[/quote]

lol so you did something like this?
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/12/how-to-perform-quincying-in-playstation-home/
funny as hell
+1

Haha, yeah I'm dying to Quincy some people... I made the hot chick avatar, now I need a fugly dude...

I thought IT'S A TRAP was funny, but TRANSFOOOORM is a pretty neat catchphrase too. I was thinking of saying something like EXCUSE ME WHILE I SLIP INTO SOMETHING MORE COMFORTABLE :lol:

Tried it out and I think this is a huge waste of time. They are actually charging money to buy things for your character and home. Who in their right mind would pay for that kind of stuff? Why they didn't just stop halfway through production is a mystery to me. On a positive note there is no where to go but up.

Ran into a kid who asked me to be his girlfriend over a mic. Nothing too out of the ordinary. But he NEEDED an answer.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend? Yes or no? YES or NO?!"

His voice was so insistent I just about died laughing. This was serious business. In any case, I think my female avatar is suitably attractive. I get plenty of friend requests and people follow me around like puppy dogs. I somehow managed to make he cross-eyed, though. The fact that nobody seems to care says a lot about the community. Screwing with people is probably the most fun I've had with Home so far.

I also discovered that putting my mic near my computer speakers and using AT&T's text-to-voice software adds some credibility to my avatar. Only a few phrases sound natural but that's all I need.

[quote name='OatmealMu']

I also discovered that putting my mic near my computer speakers and using AT&T's text-to-voice software adds some credibility to my avatar. Only a few phrases sound natural but that's all I need.[/quote]

haha I need to do something like that with my Echochrome avatar.. I made the head bald and everyone kept telling me I look like Robocop with the helmet off lol.. So I need to get some RoboCop sound bytes and play them over the mic occasionally to be authentic. Too bad I can't change the color of the echochrome suit to be more metallic gray...

[quote name='Sinistar']lol so you did something like this?
funny as hell
+1[/quote]
Funny thing is that my female avatar looks almost exactly like that one. I also like running around as butt face asking people if they think I'm beautiful or just yelling out random lines from metal gear to get a reaction. BROTHER!

SNAAAAAAKE

EDIT: Almost forgot something that had me near tears last night. I was griefing as my hot female avatar and going around saying retarded shit like "I'M A GUURRRRLL GAMER!" and having a bunch of guys follow me around. Some questioned my true identity by saying "Yo i bet dat isnt eve n a girl." Luckily the rest of my entourage quickly shot into action defending my honor as a "fly honey" and a "hot biatch." (You see chivalry isn't dead) So after being defended by my own internet white knights the final reveal was made all the more sweet as I ran away shouting "BWAHAHAHAHA."

I totally pulled it off today. Had a guy chatting me up so I played stupid, pretended I had no idea how to dance. He started helping me out, dancing with me etc.

Then he pulled the "hey baby where you from" crap.

LET ME SLIP INTO SUMTHING MOAR COMFORTABEL

All the guys around me freaked

Fish in a barrel, I tells ya

I set up my bubble machine and had a "girl" come over and dance while I went and made a sandwich. Came back and there were 10 dudes asking ASL and "wanna hang at my place"...it was pretty silly and sad at the same time.

[quote name='blackjaw']I set up my bubble machine and had a "girl" come over and dance while I went and made a sandwich. Came back and there were 10 dudes asking ASL and "wanna hang at my place"...it was pretty silly and sad at the same time.[/QUOTE]

lol :lol::lol:

kinda expected though

I've been on Home a couple times, and each time think the same thing "How Boring"
it gets tiring running or walking all over the place, no jumping or anything except walk/run

they need sometype of 'action game' - Paintball would be fun.. lol

personally I'd rather hang out in GTA4 or Saint's Row 2,

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']
EDIT: Almost forgot something that had me near tears last night. I was griefing as my hot female avatar and going around saying retarded shit like "I'M A GUURRRRLL GAMER!" and having a bunch of guys follow me around. Some questioned my true identity by saying "Yo i bet dat isnt eve n a girl." Luckily the rest of my entourage quickly shot into action defending my honor as a "fly honey" and a "hot biatch." (You see chivalry isn't dead) So after being defended by my own internet white knights the final reveal was made all the more sweet as I ran away shouting "BWAHAHAHAHA."[/quote]
[img-c=4892]3815[/img-c]
Image is quite applicable.:lol:

this kinda applies as well:

67.jpg

68.jpg

That's not against TOS? And would there happen to be comments about how good/bad Home is somewhere here? It seems like it's good for screwing around with losers, but asides from that, any fun?

[quote name='Sinistar']lol so you did something like this?
funny as hell
+1[/quote]

HAHAHA...yes!!! People are finally starting to get it. Sony may hate this, but this kind of stuff is the true enjoyability of HOME. It works so well and provides so many laughs, you almost start to think it was the actual intent.

Doing things you can't/shouldn't do in real life is the whole purpose of video games. Rather than shooting people and stealing cars, I want a game where I can embarrass and disgust someone. Tell me there's no market for that, haha :bouncy:

[quote name='equest943']That's not against TOS? And would there happen to be comments about how good/bad Home is somewhere here? It seems like it's good for screwing around with losers, but asides from that, any fun?[/quote]

The thing is, for the most part, you're screwing with people who DESERVE to be screwed with. I was showing HOME to my wife a couple months back, and let her create an avatar of herself. She went into Sully's bar, and started dancing. Some guy comes up and says in his best thug voice "that's right bitch...dance for me!" So, she runs away from him, to a different section of the bar, and starts dancing again. He follows her over and yells into his mic "Don't fucking walk away from me bitch!" And that's when she decided she was done.

I don't feel sorry for screwing with these idiots. These are the same tools who will prevent any REAL women from ever using HOME in the first place. I don't know how Sony is ever going to police it, but I'm totally fine with it being a lawless cesspool. It's not like there's much inherent worth in it to begin with. Might as well use it as a place to play mind games and screw with people. At least that provides entertainment.

I still think there's something that's going to happen with Home that'll be neat. I don't know when that'll happen though. I don't know...I sorta...like...it? I don't really know what else to say though. And no, I don't participate in griefing other idiots out there.

If there's one thing I could fix it would be the style. I maintain, and have maintained for a while that Home's style should've been in that of LittleBigPlanet. Customize your Sackboy with costumes you've gotten in the game, or those you could buy in Home. Then pretty much make it the same but with that style and a lot more people would be into it.

I actually like Home a lot; however, game reviewers, and most who spend a lot of time in forums (especially GAF) will never understand its appeal. It's intended to bring some of the PlayStation community together (those who already have a lot of PSN friends are mostly set), the ones who would enjoy meeting people and chatting, playing simple games and stuff. Some people enjoy decorating their own place. I can already say because of Home, I met people who play similar games as me and met some decent people. While some are weird in Home, no doubt (It's like XBL, some are weird, some are cool), most aren't bad. I find it cool how I can see what games people play and how they look at. I also enjoy how it kind of makes me feel like I'm in the real world, but all virtual (like being in a mall, movie theater, etc.).

Most hardcore gamers who visit online forums will dislike it, because all they really want to do is play games, games, and games. They usually don't want to sit there and chat for a long time, they want to finish games and top the leaderboards. Home is more of a casual thing playing simple games, not really dealing with leaderboards (yet, although some arcade games will probably have them), meeting people and doing various things.

Before Home, there was no easy way you could really meet with PS3 community people, except if you knew people in forums. Forums IMO aren't really the best way because someone may seem cool on the forums, but once you play them in a game you get sick of them. While in Home, you can get an idea how someone looks like (if they don't lie about their avatar) and you can hear from them before hand, getting a better idea how they are (knowing if they seem like decent people to play with). Previously for an example, how could someone find players for R2, MotorStorm: PR, etc. Unless you were big into forum posting, you could not. With home, you are thrown into a giant space with tons of people, and if you aren't completely shy, you can talk to someone and check their gamercards seeing what games they play. A lot of times that way you can find others to play with. I have a few PSN friends who don't have many PSN friends due to a lack of community on PS3 before, and Home really helped solved that.

Ever since Home has come, I'll admit my forum posting has gone way down, because I just feel more comfortable meeting people there to play games with.

Although there's no denying there isn't a lot to Home yet, but there's still a lot to come. I think it would be cool for a future Buzz gamespace (and for other games (who knows if this will happen), they find a way to integrate it into Home where if you own Buzz, you can be on the show answering questions and in the front row of the audience. If you don't, you have to sit back a bit, but you can watch, kind of like going to a real game show. I hope to they broadcast E3 2009 and other gaming events inside Home, because it would be cool watching them there in the movie theater or around the shopping mall (with other PS3 owners). There's definitely a lot of awesome potential for Home, we'll just have to see what Sony does for it.

[quote name='sociopharm02']Tried it out and I think this is a huge waste of time. They are actually charging money to buy things for your character and home. Who in their right mind would pay for that kind of stuff? Why they didn't just stop halfway through production is a mystery to me. On a positive note there is no where to go but up.[/quote]

I had the same thoughts. It looks like a virtual space where you go to and pay your real dollars to buy virtual things to put in your virtual space and that's about it - oh, and there's a bowling alley.

I felt the same way about The Sims years back and there was a lot more to do. My daughter loved it. It was wildly popular and I gave it a try. I remember thinking, "This is all the stupid stuff I do day-to-day just to live. Now I get home and re-do this stupid stuff in a virtual world... I wonder if I have to have my character fill our virtual taxes at the end of the year?"

I think The Sims was great for girls/women who want to play house but it was just a huge waste of time to me, as is Home.

[quote name='Chacrana']This is the shittiest, most useless piece of software ever created.[/quote]

And this is the shittiest, most useless post...so who's winning? ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']And this is the shittiest, most useless post...so who's winning? ;)[/QUOTE]

I would say I am, because I didn't spend any money making that post. Sony spent a lot to make Home, and it sucks.

I was excited to actually turn my PS3 on and use it for the first time in 3 months but I have to agree that home sucks. It is 3rd person Sims but a few years too late and not nearly as fun.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I actually like Home a lot; however, game reviewers, and most who spend a lot of time in forums (especially GAF) will never understand its appeal. It's intended to bring some of the PlayStation community together (those who already have a lot of PSN friends are mostly set), the ones who would enjoy meeting people and chatting, playing simple games and stuff. Some people enjoy decorating their own place. I can already say because of Home, I met people who play similar games as me and met some decent people. While some are weird in Home, no doubt (It's like XBL, some are weird, some are cool), most aren't bad. I find it cool how I can see what games people play and how they look at. I also enjoy how it kind of makes me feel like I'm in the real world, but all virtual (like being in a mall, movie theater, etc.).

Most hardcore gamers who visit online forums will dislike it, because all they really want to do is play games, games, and games. They usually don't want to sit there and chat for a long time, they want to finish games and top the leaderboards. Home is more of a casual thing playing simple games, not really dealing with leaderboards (yet, although some arcade games will probably have them), meeting people and doing various things.

Before Home, there was no easy way you could really meet with PS3 community people, except if you knew people in forums. Forums IMO aren't really the best way because someone may seem cool on the forums, but once you play them in a game you get sick of them. While in Home, you can get an idea how someone looks like (if they don't lie about their avatar) and you can hear from them before hand, getting a better idea how they are (knowing if they seem like decent people to play with). Previously for an example, how could someone find players for R2, MotorStorm: PR, etc. Unless you were big into forum posting, you could not. With home, you are thrown into a giant space with tons of people, and if you aren't completely shy, you can talk to someone and check their gamercards seeing what games they play. A lot of times that way you can find others to play with. I have a few PSN friends who don't have many PSN friends due to a lack of community on PS3 before, and Home really helped solved that.

Ever since Home has come, I'll admit my forum posting has gone way down, because I just feel more comfortable meeting people there to play games with.

Although there's no denying there isn't a lot to Home yet, but there's still a lot to come. I think it would be cool for a future Buzz gamespace (and for other games (who knows if this will happen), they find a way to integrate it into Home where if you own Buzz, you can be on the show answering questions and in the front row of the audience. If you don't, you have to sit back a bit, but you can watch, kind of like going to a real game show. I hope to they broadcast E3 2009 and other gaming events inside Home, because it would be cool watching them there in the movie theater or around the shopping mall (with other PS3 owners). There's definitely a lot of awesome potential for Home, we'll just have to see what Sony does for it.[/quote]

Dammnit another thing for TMK to blindly defend until his death. ;) We all know what Home is TMK no need to attempt to explain the way you try to turn it into a "real" social life.

"I also enjoy how it kind of makes me feel like I'm in the real world, but all virtual (like being in a mall, movie theater, etc)." Ummm no?

BTW a Buzz gamespace is coming complete with Trivia minigame. Suppesedly you stand on a pad with your avatar to answer the question.

[quote name='Chacrana']This is the shittiest, most useless piece of software ever created.[/quote]

The problem with it is that there is NOTHING to do. No game launching, hardly any rooms, etc. After 5 minutes you are pretty much done with it. The fact that I have to wait in line in a virtual world to play a game is the single dumbest idea in the history of gaming. Who thought this was a good idea? What is the point of this?

When are the trophy rooms coming? 2010? :D

[quote name='Blackout']The problem with it is that there is NOTHING to do. No game launching, hardly any rooms, etc. After 5 minutes you are pretty much done with it. The fact that I have to wait in line in a virtual world to play a game is the single dumbest idea in the history of gaming. Who thought this was a good idea? What is the point of this?

When are the trophy rooms coming? 2010? :D[/quote]

FYI, only Warhawk is supported for game launching now.

And yeah I agree about "waiting in line" or play arcade games, or pool, or whatever. That's pretty dumb.

[quote name='Sinistar']FYI, only Warhawk is supported for game launching now.

And yeah I agree about "waiting in line" or play arcade games, or pool, or whatever. That's pretty dumb.[/quote]

Yeah I knew Warhawk launched, but I mean, cmon now? How many multiplayer games does the PS3 have at this point? The fact that so few do it (what is it, like 2 or 3?) is terrible. What's the excuse for that?

Lol, great. Now I have a shitty frontend in Home to launch the shitty game, Warhawk. They couldn't just let you have some magic device in your apartment that launches whatever game is in your PS3? Because I think the XMB does that, so I just assumed Sony's software engineers could figure that one out for Home.

[quote name='Chacrana']Lol, great. Now I have a shitty frontend in Home to launch the shitty game, Warhawk. They couldn't just let you have some magic device in your apartment that launches whatever game is in your PS3? Because I think the XMB does that, so I just assumed Sony's software engineers could figure that one out for Home.[/quote]

Whoa. I felt you were entitled to your shallow opinion until you said that. Really, now Warhawk is shitty too? Watch it, just because you don't like a couple of products by a company doesn't mean you need to get a hate on for everything it has to sound cool on a forum. That puts you perilously close to being a console-specific basher, which will quickly turn this into an unnecessary flamewar.
You should choose your words more wisely. If it gets to the point that mods have to lock this thread, I'm pointing your way if the banhammer starts to swing. Just saying.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Whoa. I felt you were entitled to your shallow opinion until you said that. Really, now Warhawk is shitty too? Watch it, just because you don't like a couple of products by a company doesn't mean you need to get a hate on for everything it has to sound cool on a forum. That puts you perilously close to being a console-specific basher, which will quickly turn this into an unnecessary flamewar.
You should choose your words more wisely. If it gets to the point that mods have to lock this thread, I'm pointing your way if the banhammer starts to swing. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Warhawk shitty ?

I'm all over seconding that opinion .

It's pretty amazing that Warhawk is still being played in the numbers that it is.
People enjoy it.
Wasn't my cup of tea though.

I really wanted a PSX-like single player game.

[quote name='dallow']It's pretty amazing that Warhawk is still being played in the numbers that it is.
People enjoy it.

I really wanted a PSX-like single player game.[/QUOTE]

Same here , not a circa 1999 Battlefield PC knock-off .
I'd rather play Star Wars Battlefront on the XBOX .

[quote name='dallow']It's pretty amazing that Warhawk is still being played in the numbers that it is.
People enjoy it.

I really wanted a PSX-like single player game.[/quote]
Me too. Had there been single player I would have got a PS3 and Warhawk as soon as they were available. The original Warhawk is why I bought a PS1.:lol:

I do enjoy the multiplayer only game, but I still get sad when I see the early footage featuring singleplayer mode.

Also, Warhawk launching in home sucks. It's way too dumbed down for me to ever use.

I just saw the most hilarious thing ever. Some chick was just standing there. A guy came up behind her and started dancing like he was having sex with her. Then another guy comes and does the same thing in front of her, but like paused it and grabbed her boobs. The chick ran away quick as hell. Hhahahahaa. Home is just gonna be crappy advertising and sexual harassment. It has a lot of potential though. I kinda like walking around for a few minutes, but then I get bored with it.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Whoa. I felt you were entitled to your shallow opinion until you said that. Really, now Warhawk is shitty too? Watch it, just because you don't like a couple of products by a company doesn't mean you need to get a hate on for everything it has to sound cool on a forum. That puts you perilously close to being a console-specific basher, which will quickly turn this into an unnecessary flamewar.
You should choose your words more wisely. If it gets to the point that mods have to lock this thread, I'm pointing your way if the banhammer starts to swing. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so I don't like Home, and I don't like Warhawk. So because I don't like 2 of Sony's "attempts" at games, I'm not not only close, but "perilously" close to bashing a system. Whoa no, wouldn't want to do that! I apologize for not having the same penchant for blindly accepting any shit a company churns out.

Just point the banhammer my way, because I'm clearly misguided.

bread's done
Back