Sony Playstation Pulse Elite Edition Wireless Stereo Headset (Reconditioned) - $69.99

veganintendo

CAGiversary!
Sony Playstation PS3 PS4 PS Vita Pulse Elite Edition Wireless Stereo Headset - Reconditioned

I own a pair, and the audio is pretty good with the PS4 and PS3. Posting in case somebody is interested.

Rakuten.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Would anyone recommend these over the Gold headset? And I've seen a deal like this on Groupon before..anybody have experience with refurbished items?

I have these, and loved them.... The problem is, they don't hold up well, over time. Keep a close eye on the plastic, next to the silver circles, on the sides. The plastic shreds apart, and they start flopping around. Eventually, it starts messing up the signal too. The plastic thing is a known issue, and Sony has done nothing to correct it. They shouldn't even be selling them anymore (but they are). 

Long and short, I've had mine for several years now, and they badly need replacing, but I will not jump on this deal, to replace them, because I don't want the same thing to happen again. My friend has the same set, and it happened to him too.

Aside from that, they sound good, and they are comfortable.

I have three of the Sony Playstion headsets (original Pulse, Pulse Elite, and Gold).  The Pulse Elites are the most feature rich headsets, but the Gold are the best overall.  Basically, the Pulse Elite gives you the option to have more custom sound fields and also has a bass rumble.  Both of these seem fairly gimmicky and the bass rumble is terrible in my opinion.  The Elites might sound slightly better than the Golds, but the Golds have a better battery life and are more comfortable.  There are also other minor improvements on the Golds.  Also, the Golds are much better than the Elites for chatting since the Elites have a very poor sidetone volume (some people don't mind this as much as me).

For $70 you are much better off getting the Sony Gold which has been on sale for about $80 somewhat frequently and can probably be found less on Amazon right now for refurb or used.  I got mine for $40 after rebate when TigerDirect had a good deal on them.

EDIT: I have had the Pulse Elites for at least a  couple of years and have not had the cracking problems other people mention.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a big ass head so the pulse elite edition felt too tight for me to actively enjoy it.

Gold is my personal favorite and I used it for over a year before giving in and getting astros. I still find myself using the Gold more for traveling though. Yes, I tote my PS4 with me when I travel. 

I had the original Sony Headset and worked well for a few years but it was ugly.

I have the pulse and the elites and I prefer my original pulse. The elites are not comfortable, they are the only headsets I own that I can't wear for long periods of time without hurting my ears. The features they have, especially for specific games are really cool, but in the end, comfort is more important to me.

What exactly messes up the signal?
A lot of times, I noticed my phone was interfering with the signal. If my phone was close to me sometimes I would get a lot of static, if I moved my phone, it went away. Wasn't all the time, but when it did happen it was annoying.

I have these, and loved them.... The problem is, they don't hold up well, over time. Keep a close eye on the plastic, next to the silver circles, on the sides. The plastic shreds apart, and they start flopping around. Eventually, it starts messing up the signal too. The plastic thing is a known issue, and Sony has done nothing to correct it. They shouldn't even be selling them anymore (but they are).

Long and short, I've had mine for several years now, and they badly need replacing, but I will not jump on this deal, to replace them, because I don't want the same thing to happen again. My friend has the same set, and it happened to him too.

Aside from that, they sound good, and they are comfortable.
I bought mine with an extended warranty over a year ago. They are still going strong. I'm hoping they break around the time the new Platinum headset gets released.

A lot of times, I noticed my phone was interfering with the signal. If my phone was close to me sometimes I would get a lot of static, if I moved my phone, it went away. Wasn't all the time, but when it did happen it was annoying.
That's weird. Do you know how it was interfering with the signal? I used to be able to use it wirelessly without losing signal around 15 feet or so but now it can only get up to 10 feet

bread's done
Back