Sony PlayStation Vita $109.99 + $5.00 shipping @ CowBoom (Pre-owned)

Never bought at Cowboom, it says:

Product Grade:
4 - Significant scratches or scuffs

I would say unsuitable for someone who HATES scratches like me?

this is what happens when you haphazardly copy sd threads so 

What's not included?
AC power cable 
USB Cable 
Owners Manual

Never bought at Cowboom, it says:

Product Grade:
4 - Significant scratches or scuffs

I would say unsuitable for someone who HATES scratches like me?
I'm insanely careful with my Vita and it has already managed to pick up scratches. I can't imagine what a Vita with "significant scratches or scuffs" is going to look like. I really hate that Sony used such soft plastic on this thing.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a used handheld game system unless it was described as being in near-perfect condition.

this is what happens when you haphazardly copy sd threads so

What's not included?
AC power cable
USB Cable
Owners Manual

I do not copy threads fool.

I saw it and posted it. clearly written pre-owned. so the buyer should know the scratches and what not. just read the description before buy. i'm not the one who's selling.

Cowboom doesn't seem to like my address, tried my PO box and street address and it keeps highlighting the box in red. It's a shame, wanted to try the site out and get a cheap crappy Vita. Just what I get for living in Alaska I guess.

I hate to be that guy but... should clarify its used in the title... just sayin'

Most are going to think "used" anyway but... again, just sayin'

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one the last time they had this sale going on and what I got was a defective Vita that wouldn't charge. They eventually exchanged it for one that worked but it took about a month from the time I purchased my Vita until the time I had a working Vita. If you are up for this experience, buy away.

I got my vita from Paydeals about 2 months ago for 120$ used. it's missing the rubber covers over the game ports, and the lower left "hook?" was shaved off. I'll never really be able to resell it, however it works perfectly w/ no scratches on the oled. Be sure to throughly inspect the vita, update the firmware, test out the wifi, test all the ports, the memory read/write, and anything else i forgot to mention.

If you have the money, go for it, you can always just ship it back, and maybe lose what...5-8$ in a gamble on getting this great system at such a cheap price?

In the last CAGcast the vita library was questioned...the vita library's just fine...Assassin's creed 3, P4G, UMVC3 (great fighter if you're a PC player), Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Disgaea, and yes the Indie games via PSN are good too. Muramasa's a good game, makes me feel like a 10 year old when playing it for too long, especially right after playing AC3.

One of the main strengths is the upcoming ps4's stream-play to the vita, which at 109$ for the vita's a steal.

I have a grade 5, because i covered the thing in protection the week i got it. BUT ..i just got P4: Golden, and it's actually not lame, i like it.

I'm considering getting but after I buy a charge cable and a memory card I will be close to $200 which isn't as appealing.

I'm considering getting but after I buy a charge cable and a memory card I will be close to $200 which isn't as appealing.
Exactly. 80 bucks for 32gb of memory is a freaking joke (based on amazon price).

Really cool piece of hardware that sony fucked up with all their proprietary bullshit. Why not just use a freaking microSD card like almost everything else does?

At that price it's worth a shot. Sucks that the cables don't come with it. What do people do with these things? Throw them in the River? I'd hate to think these were stolen and traded in. 

the 8gb used for $20 is plenty. you can fit all 3 PS+ instant game collection tittles on there, with room for a monthly psn game or two...for example i had uncharted, gravity rush, wipeout2048, and zero escape on the SD simultaneously...with room for all my saves, and MAYBE even one more small indie tittle, or psp tittle. You also have the op to transfer the data to your ssd and archive them while playing other digital tittles.

Well, you don't have to get the most expensive memory card if you don't want to push the total up quite that high. If you're planning on going all digital, then yea, it would be recommended. If not though, you can get by with an 8 for quite awhile and wait for a deal on a higher capacity card.

The Vita is well worth it, as some of you already know. Amazing piece of hardware and there are fun gaming experiences to be had. I highly recommend it if you like to have flexibility with your gaming. Yes, a lot of games can be had elsewhere, but for an older gamer like me, I can game more in bits with my Vita than I can sitting down for marathon gaming and I think it is cool I can play some of the same stuff

Hmm, Grade 4 and no AC cable kinda kills the deal for me. Still kicking myself over not jumping on PayDeals' Vita sale a couple months ago.

I bought a grade 5 a couple months ago when they were this price, and despite the description saying it had scratches the thing is in perfect condition.  I bought the USB cable on monoprice and the charge cable at BB on clearance for $3.  I have the 4gb card that $7 at BB, and that's been the only problem.  It was too long ago that ATT clearanced out the 32gb cards for $30, so I couldn't find any of them.  I'd like to stay mostly digital with the thing, because I only use it at work and I have small kids who would lose the carts, so finding a good deal on a larger card is imperative.  But it was a good price for the piece of hardware I got.

Can anybody recommend a case or armor for protection?
For protection from general scratching, I have screen protectors on both the front and back touchpads along with one of these generic plastic cases (you can probably find them for less on eBay). It's not going to save the Vita from a drop, but it'll stop it from accumulating hairline scratches.

bread's done
Back