Sony PlayStation Vita $170 + Free Shipping at Amazon

Oh, and PSP had a roughly 9 year lifespan, across 3 models. PSPgo had a 5 year lifespan.

PS1 and PS2 both had 12 year life spans.  Sony really needs to leave the handheld market to Nintendo.

Just like Nintendo needs to leave the home console market to Sony/MS.

Oh, and PSP had a roughly 9 year lifespan, across 3 models. PSPgo had a 5 year lifespan.

PS1 and PS2 both had 12 year life spans. Sony really needs to leave the handheld market to Nintendo.

Just like Nintendo needs to leave the home console market to Sony/MS.
I agree with your last couple of sentences, but defining lifespans as "until it is discontinued" isn't entirely accurate. If that were the case, the Philips CD-i had like a 6 year lifespan, and nobody gave a shit about that thing from its inception.

I would say that once new games stop being released for it, that can be counted as the end of the road. Persona 4 was the last major PS2 game, and that was 2008, so it was really closer to a 8 year lifespan. Sure, it continued to sell for years afterwards, but it's not like it was actually being supported with software (other than sports games, which are always the last thing standing). PS1 was about the same, I have a really shitty Hellboy game from 2004 (even though I think it was a re-release of a PC game years earlier?) and it was getting those terrible DBZ games that released in Japan previously. GT Final Bout, Ultimate Battle 22, etc.

bread's done
Back