Sony PS3 new, $199 160GB or $249 320GB + $10 ship (Amazon 3rd)

When you click the link it says (to buy from Amazon):

160GB: Price: $249.96 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping

320GB: Price:$289.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping

I assume you're talking about buying from "Game Liquidators" though, which has $199 for the 160GB and $249 for the 320GB + $10 shipping. Of course, I haven't heard of that company and not 100% certain if they are trustworthy.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Does amazon cover issues with 3rd party sellers or is that gray area?[/QUOTE]

I think they cover it, considering they are referring you to the seller but its not a guarantee you would get your refund and even if you do it may be a hassle.

On a side note, the 3rd party has NO FEEDBACK. It says "Just Launched" and has no feedback, so whoever buys from them will be one of their first customers.

It is a good deal, but I don't like the no feedback. Would any of you buy something this big from a guy on eBay with no feedback selling something for an uncommonly low price? I wouldn't...

On anything I ever bought from Amazon 3rd party sellers, Amazon has ALWAYS had my back the few times Ive had problems over the years. Amazon does a very good job of protecting customers, and they'll get your money back to you (even if it takes a month). What makes Amazon so great is that if you don't get the money back from a crook, Amazon will pay you outta their own pocket and try to charge the crooks credit card they require to keep on file. If the credit card doesn't work, Amazon takes the loss instead of you.

If you wanna try it, go for it. You're covered, even if you have to wait over a month.

[quote name='Lt Dan']On anything I ever bought from Amazon 3rd party sellers, Amazon has ALWAYS had my back the few times Ive had problems over the years. Amazon does a very good job of protecting customers, and they'll get your money back to you (even if it takes a month). What makes Amazon so great is that if you don't get the money back from a crook, Amazon will pay you outta their own pocket and try to charge the crooks credit card they require to keep on file. If the credit card doesn't work, Amazon takes the loss instead of you.

If you wanna try it, go for it. You're covered, even if you have to wait over a month.[/QUOTE]

+1 to this, Amazon got your back.

[quote name='Lt Dan']On anything I ever bought from Amazon 3rd party sellers, Amazon has ALWAYS had my back the few times Ive had problems over the years. Amazon does a very good job of protecting customers, and they'll get your money back to you (even if it takes a month). What makes Amazon so great is that if you don't get the money back from a crook, Amazon will pay you outta their own pocket and try to charge the crooks credit card they require to keep on file. If the credit card doesn't work, Amazon takes the loss instead of you.

If you wanna try it, go for it. You're covered, even if you have to wait over a month.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is a good company, I do like them and am glad to support them in any way. I'm sure with the knowledge that Amazon has their back for any crookedness that a lot of people will start biting on this. Last I checked the 160GB Vanilla console had only like 9 consoles left in stock, so it shouldn't take long for this deal to run dry.

I wouldn't buy a game from a just launched seller nevermind a system. Until the seller starts moving serious volume and gets some solid reviews under their belt I'd hold off.

I remember back when a bunch of us CAGers bought our original 60 gigs. That vendor was selling dozens of them a week and was also on these forums to interact with us in their own thread. Ahh the good old days, brings back memories haha.

Btw even if Amazon and your credit card company do have your back you aren't fully protected if someone knows what they are doing and wants to scam you.

Did anyone on CAG buy from this store? The link posted by the OP is no longer valid and any search on Amazon for "Video Game Liquidators" comes back empty!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Did anyone on CAG buy from this store? The link posted by the OP is no longer valid and any search on Amazon for "Video Game Liquidators" comes back empty![/QUOTE]

Not sure if its the same company, but I have bought several video games (Dreamcast and PS2) from a ebay seller called "Video Game Liquidators." They had a website, but can't find it now.

They where generous with the description "condition like new," but I never payed over $8 game.

This was two years ago though.

Well its a pretty common name for a business it seems, but the store that was on Amazon is gone like the wind now. Hopefully the buyers get their money back somehow, as I doubt they will be getting their discounted consoles shipped out.

bread's done
Back