Sony PSP $99.99 New @ Shoprite

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!
I was going to post this in the regional deals section, but I felt it was too good to hide there. Shoprite grocery stores (Wakefaren foods) is offering a new PSP for $99.99 with their PricePlus card. The card itself is free, you sign up in the store. No rainchecks, while supplies last.
I know this chain is in the northeast, not sure how far south or west they go, but if you're looking for a PSP, I have not seen a better price anywhere. If I am not mistaken, this is cheaper than Gamestop used, yes?

I would check near me seeing as I have like 3 of them near me all about 6 miles apart, but its snowing again so I won't be able to check till later. Thanks for the heads up, and I'll check back with an update.

[quote name='no_exit']What is Shop-Rite?[/QUOTE]

If you actually read the first post, the OP explains that it's a grocery store chain in the northeast

At $99.99 I would have bit but the local circular is showing it at $129.99 as noted above making it a bit less appealing.

Showing up as $130 in my shoprite's ad. I'm guessing it's gotta be the 2000 as I'm sure Sony's trying to make room for the 3000's.

Thats a good deal for the 2000s which in my opinion are far better than the 3000s even with the more colorful screen.

Are you sure about this deal? I read the circular in my paper, it advertised it as $189.99, then $60 off with PricePlus card to $129.99.

If you saw it at $99.99 anywhere, then It must be very narrow in some particular regional ShopRite. It's definitely not around Montgomery/West Windsor, New Jersey area.

[quote name='pulsar0510']I was going to post this in the regional deals section, but I felt it was too good to hide there. Shoprite grocery stores (Wakefaren foods) is offering a new PSP for $99.99 with their PricePlus card. The card itself is free, you sign up in the store. No rainchecks, while supplies last.
I know this chain is in the northeast, not sure how far south or west they go, but if you're looking for a PSP, I have not seen a better price anywhere. If I am not mistaken, this is cheaper than Gamestop used, yes?[/quote]

Can you confirm the price since others have seen it advertised for more? Maybe it was a pricing error? And which Shoprite location? Thanks for sharing this!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irc_email']If you actually read the first post, the OP explains that it's a grocery store chain in the northeast[/quote]
Thanks for being so damn rude.

[quote name='no_exit']Thanks for being so damn rude.[/QUOTE]

It was a little abrasive, but you should definitely read before asking for something. Now, we're all clogging up this thread with redundant information.

The OP's wrong. The 99.99 deal was for 1 specific shoprite that was having a manager's special on top of the discount it was already selling for. I know because I got there yesterday and scooped up their last 7 units. It was well worth the 100 mile roundtrip.

And you, sir, will be lynched by the good people here at CAG for being a complete asshole for hoarding.

[quote name='henwy']The OP's wrong. The 99.99 deal was for 1 specific shoprite that was having a manager's special on top of the discount it was already selling for. I know because I got there yesterday and scooped up their last 7 units. It was well worth the 100 mile roundtrip.[/quote]

I hope you're kidding.

[quote name='henwy']Hoarding is what being a CAG is all about. I've got enough PSPs to last til perdition.[/quote]

That's a GREAT system. Maybe everyone here who posts great deals should not even bother posting and instead hoard. This would be such a thriving site!

[quote name='henwy']Hoarding is what being a CAG is all about. I've got enough PSPs to last til perdition.[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but CAG is about community and sharing good deals with other users. Your parents obviously failed to teach you the sharing part.

[quote name='henwy']Well, you're welcome to run around sharing all the $130 PSPs. Have fun with it.[/quote]

Thank you for proving my previous comment.

Can anyone confirm the ds for $99? Cause if it is I'm gonna go buy like 100 of them. Seriously I'm only gonna buy 1 cause ive been looking to upgrade from my old dying phat ds.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='henwy']The OP's wrong. The 99.99 deal was for 1 specific shoprite that was having a manager's special on top of the discount it was already selling for. I know because I got there yesterday and scooped up their last 7 units. It was well worth the 100 mile roundtrip.[/quote]
Uhhh..the ad just broke today, so nice try troll.
To everyone else: it wasn't in the ad. This was printed inside the paper along with some other electronics deals and coupons for shrimp. It may certainly be local to me, but I didn't notice it saying that.

[quote name='henwy']Well, you're welcome to run around sharing all the $130 PSPs. Have fun with it.[/QUOTE]

I totally support you man. First come, first serve. Capitalism. These people are just all pissed off because they didn't jump on the deal sooner. And they probably would have done the same thing.

Oh, and if you put them on eBay and offer 2 days shipping through USPS, I bet you could get $200 for each one. People are really looking for last minute gifts.

[quote name='pulsar0510']Uhhh..the ad just broke today, so nice try troll.
To everyone else: it wasn't in the ad. This was printed inside the paper along with some other electronics deals and coupons for shrimp. It may certainly be local to me, but I didn't notice it saying that.[/quote]

It must be hard to always be a day late and a dollar short.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1088599

"Ghetto" is what comes to mind.

The Shoprite near me is pretty crappy, but I know there must be better ones out there. I completely prefer Super Stop and Shop myself but I'll have to go to Shoprite to check this out. I had no idea they were selling video games or systems (where have I been?). Oh and for the record I like Publix =P

damn... not around me, I've been looking to snag a PSP... but the price is just too much. I wouldn't mind getting a game player only minus all the multimedia stuff for cheaper.

[quote name='henwy']Greedy, a-hole trolls rolling on a bed made of money to you, asshat. mmmmm money.[/quote]

Pathetic and lonely fool who takes advantage of others for personal gain sounds more accurate to me.

[quote name='henwy']Well, you're welcome to run around sharing all the $130 PSPs. Have fun with it.[/quote]
You are a DICK! If you buy 7 units, keep that bullshit to yourself. You arrogant ass-wipe!

[quote name='ricoraney']You are a DICK! If you buy 7 units, keep that bullshit to yourself. You arrogant ass-wipe![/quote]

Oh, if only I could. I find that I just can't help wanting to share. Sharing is caring, right?

[quote name='joeboosauce']Can you confirm the price since others have seen it advertised for more? Maybe it was a pricing error? And which Shoprite location? Thanks for sharing this![/quote]
It does not appear to be an error, but upon closer review of the ad, it is regional. As I stated in a post that has been edited out of the thread:
It is NOT in the sale flyer, it was in the regular paper as a two page ad.
It states prices available in Montague NJ and in these NY counties: Weschester, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sulivan & Columbia.

[quote name='pulsar0510']It does not appear to be an error, but upon closer review of the ad, it is regional. As I stated in a post that has been edited out of the thread:
It is NOT in the sale flyer, it was in the regular paper as a two page ad.
It states prices available in Montague NJ and in these NY counties: Weschester, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sulivan & Columbia.[/quote]
Ahh my territory, sweet!:bouncy:

anyone willing to hit a cag up that doesn't have a shoprite... please...

I could paypal and cover shipping... even paypal fees can't be that much to ship it. Bet it can fit in a 4.80 box.

bread's done
Back