Sony PSP Question.

SkyGheNe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
So I've been in the market for a sony psp, and the lowest I found it for is for $221 USD at overstock.com. I heard there may be a price drop, so would it be wiser to wait till then? I'm picking up a psp because my shuffle got...man-handled, so I need a replacement and I figured the PSP would be cool.

Any opinions? Advice?

[quote name='menikmati']I think your best bet is Overstock with that price or a used system. I doubt the price of the PSP will drop anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly they are releasing a "giga pack" for the psp in the UK before christmas which makes me think of a price drop, but at the same time, who knows if it'll get released in the U.S.

*edit* maybe not, was doing some research and it looks like...

Right from the IGN article:

There seems to be a catch, though. PC Watch also reveals that a fixed price for the system is a possibility. Sony has stated that the PSP will stray from standard videogame pricing models and stay at its launch price, without going through periodic price drops. If PC Watch's sources are right, the PS3 may have a similar model.

bah:cry:

or...
PSP Giga Pack, Price Drop Announced Saturday, 29 October 2005 In conjunction with the announcement of the PSP Giga Pack, Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong has announced a price drop on the PSP Value Pack. The price of the PSP Value Pack in Hong Kong (PSP-1006K) will drop from $1,980 HKD ($222.8 USD) to $1,780 HKD ($200.3 USD). A similar price drop is also in effect in Taiwan - the price on the PSP Value Pack (PSP-1007K) will drop from NT$ 8,800 ($250.5 USD) to NT$7,480 ($212.9). These price drops will be in effect starting on November 1st, 2005. The PSP Giga Pack is listed as in stock on EBgames.com and at Lik-Sang.com:
PSP Giga Pack (Ceramic White)
PSP Giga Pack (Black)

What does this mean for those who do not already own a PSP? Wait for the release of the PSP Giga Pack (November 17th, 2005). It is predicted that the price of the PSP Value Pack in North America will also drop soon. The wait is worth it.

[quote name='gigan54']the "giga pack" goes for $299. it includes a psp and a 1 gb memory stick pro duo.[/QUOTE]

oy, guess that means no price drop haha.

Oh well, it'll be worth it I suppose. Thanks for responding all - I appreciate it a lot.

bread's done
Back