Sony Pulse Elite - Still in need of assistance

delsus09

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
UPDATE - Thanks for the comment, Argyle.

Are there any sales going on/coming around soon for a Sony Pulse Elite? I've looked around for some, but haven't found any. I'm looking to get one for $100...including shipping, 'less I'd be picking one up.

Original message:
Hey CAGs,

I've been really wanting to snag a pulse elite headset for a while now. Considering that Sony has made two headsets in the pulse line so far, I'm curious as to whether I should go for it now, or wait for a third version. Cheapest I can find it new for is around $130, & from most people, they'd ask for about $100 used + shipping. I've also looked it up on Amazon, & they have it in their warehouse deals for $88.31 + free shipping. Not sure how I feel about picking up a used headset either, & I haven't any experience with Amazon warehouse deals. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

EDIT: The headset just got pulled from Amazon's warehouse deals...sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine for Christmas and really like it. It's equally useful on my PS3 & PC. Great sound, very comfortable. My only complaint is that it can be difficult adjusting settings while wearing it until you really get used to it due to there being so many controls on it, but that's minor imo. I can't imagine this not working with the PS4 as well, so I saw it as a good long-term investment.

I don't think I'd ever get a used headset personally - wouldn't want to use something someone else had had on their greasy head. :whistle2:&

[quote name='shadowkast']Download the pulse manager app from the psn store :)[/QUOTE]

Why would I do that if I don't have the headset? :whistle2:s

Still looking for sales. I'll do it when I get one, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

[quote name='delsus09']Why would I do that if I don't have the headset? :whistle2:s

Still looking for sales. I'll do it when I get one, though. Thanks for the suggestion.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. Meant to put "don't forget to..."

[quote name='argyle']Huh, I didn't even know there WAS an app. I'll grab it when I get home tonight - what does it do?[/QUOTE]
The PULSE-Elite Edition Manager (PEM) allows owners of the PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset-Elite Edition to download new audio MODES to their Pulse headset. The new Modes not only add BassImpact to the new Game, Movie, and Music genres, but in some cases, they alter the sound profile of the original score to emphasize certain sounds in order to deliver the optimal audio experience.
Sony has also done a special Bioshock Infinite mode for the Pulse Elite.
Download the Pulse Elite manager on PSN to get your exclusive BioShock sound mode

• Optimized BassImpact™ to immerse your senses
  • Optimized audio settings delivers the game the way Irrational wants the game to be heard
I own the headset and it is definitely a must buy due to the Pulse Elite app. Hoping for a The Last of Us mode when the game releases just like Bioshock Infinite.

Cheapest I have found this new is from ebay via canada, about 70 or so, but it is the older model. Does anyone know if there are major differences between the two models?

bread's done
Back