Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I figured I'd create a thread in the movie section for Sony's Reward system. Everytime you buy a Sony Blu-ray or DVD it comes with a code that allows you to register your disc at sonyrewards.com. You get 30 points per BD, 15 points per DVD, and if you're a Sony Cardholder you get 45 points, and 25 points respectively. Registration is completely free.

Now the best part about this is the codes are multi-use. So anyone who buys a Sony pictures studio movie can pass along their code in this thread. I've made it a Wiki thread so you can easily add your code to the list. Please post in the thread which code you've added as well, thanks.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/discs/

Here's the current list of eligible movies and some points to get things rolling:

21 Jump Street (Blu-ray) - SCZL9CH7
21 Jump Street (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray) - X862S38Y
30 Minutes or Less (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
Anonymous (Blu-ray) - WVKA3DTU
Anonymous (DVD) - 3HUF3GLW
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (DVD) - ZCD29BMF
Attack the Block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ
Attack the Block (DVD) - A27QFMGA
Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Bad Teacher (DVD) - MVDPEBTT
Colombiana (Blu-ray) - CDQA55JB
Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
Community Season 3 (DVD) - K6EBUP7C
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (Blu-ray) - LSBGNH7W
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Drive (Blu-ray) - J5DFP2NJ
Drive (DVD) - CF2EL2GN
Evil Dead (Blu-Ray) - TX58L9CK **Added August 1st**
Evil Dead (DVD)
Friends With Benefits (Blu-ray) - F5HZEFTZ
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu-ray) -F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (DVD) - X862S38Y
Here Comes the Boom (Blu-ray) - DVN4VSX2
Here Comes the Boom (DVD) - 49N79X8J
Hotel Transylvania (3D Blu-Ray) - RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-Ray) -RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (DVD) - 5YCBZ5QW
House of Cards: Season One (Blu-Ray)
House of Cards: Season One (DVD)
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray) - UJ7GL49G
Jack and Jill (DVD) - JQWP9NG3
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Looper (Blu-ray) - P2YNSA48
Looper (DVD) - XPXQT87A
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (DVD) N5C4GP87
Midnight in Paris (Blu-ray) - 3N5Y9HV8
Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
Moneyball (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
Moneyball (DVD) -3GPWGQHQ
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray) - M6ZYVJN9
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray) - UEDXHUCF **Added August 16th**
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD)
Parker (Blu-Ray) - 8C66GFDX
Parker (DVD) - LJHL9A5H
Premium Rush (Blu-ray) - 3YMXGWV6
Premium Rush (DVD) - BZFR2RUW
Resident Evil: Damnation (Blu-ray) - S89JD2H5
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD) - 88BPYQTG
The Smurfs (Blu-ray) - PS4R328Q
The Smurf's (DVD) - SCZL9CH7
Seven Psychopaths (Blu-ray) - K9VMX5AS
Seven Psychopaths (DVD) - CRDC8VJ8
Sparkle (Blu-ray) - RLM53UN2
Sparkle (DVD) 5VYARBTQ
Straw Dogs (Blu-ray) - NE3FG9XZ
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB
That's My Boy (Blu-ray) - SKWJ5Y9T
That's My Boy (DVD) -- C5ANM4YH
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 3 Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 4-Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (DVD) - CRJBXWYC
The Call (Blu-Ray)
- 2RUTZ355
The Call (DVD)
The Guns of Navarone (Blu-ray) - GA4F3CC6
The Ides of March (Blu-ray) - 5W5FVRVT
The Ides of March (DVD) - 5EHN9GAX
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Blu-ray) - UU9W7CJY
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2
The Rum Diary (Blu-ray)- QJGKQSAU
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP
The Vow (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
The Vow (DVD) - CBFTB636
Think Like A Man (Blu-ray) - BUMA6F6D
Think Like A Man (DVD) - 2Q4VF9JB
Total Recall (Blu-ray 3-discs) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (Blu-Ray) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (DVD) - 7x7262J8
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray) - YWP2Y476
Underworld: Awakening (DVD) - Q9GXM39H
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray) - UKF9PZ8Y
Zero Dark Thirty (DVD) - 8BS7GBN5
Zookeeper (Blu-ray) - JQ9H9YG5
Zookeeper (DVD) - 2M75JW64

Notes:

It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 day period with a maximum of 3 disk registrations per day
Red = Titles that are either not released yet, or no code has been posted for it

===========================================================================

So that's 945 points so far (1465 for cardholders). Feel free to post any for other movies listed there! Eventually we can earn enough to get some movies and other rewards from their site \\ :D/

Also I do realize there is a Sony Reward thread in the PS3 section, but it's a bit of a mess with movie codes posted here and there. I figured since this is a movie section it's best to have them all neatly organized in a centralized section.

(credit to the folks at Blu-ray.com for some of these codes)
============================================================================
Other ways to earn points

Get up to 250 points for playing the Elysium game. You don't actually have to play, just hit the Share link found on the page (under the game window) login to get 50 points, share on fb for another 200:

http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/game/safepassage/

Get Up to 250 Points by playing the White House Down game. 50 Points for playing, another 200 for sharing on FB: http://www.whitehousedown.com/game/enterthesecretservice/?sr=1
Wheel of Fortune Game for 10 pts:
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

Answers for Wheel of Fortune are posted here daily right at the top of the page:
http://www.wheeloffortunesolutions.com/bonuspuzzle.html

yayawoo said:
Free 250 Sony Rewards Points by Playing This Is The End Game and Sharing on FB You will be asked to download the Unity Web Player.

1) Login to your Sony Reward account sonyrewards.com
2) Go to the Ways to Earn page: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/opportunities/
3) Click on the "This is the End - in Theaters June 12"
4) Download the Unity Web Player when asked
5) Play the game to get 50 points
6) Share on the FB to get 200 points

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome! I think Sony Rewards looks for ways to get exploited. Thanks OP! My Sony Card seems to always find a way not to get cancelled.

Two more, now just 5 to go and this current wave will be complete :D

Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP

I've calculated the points and if I added them up correctly we have 690 points (1065 for cardholders) so far.

[quote name='Blaster man']Wow I entered all the codes and just...wow. I thought the WB Rewards program was stingy, this is really bad.[/QUOTE]

Its a whole Sony package which encourages you to have the credit card. Stingy or not, if you dont have the card, you aren't looked upon highly.

Didn't get any more customer appreciation points, but I did get 5,000 points for that spend 5k get 5k promo they had going on. Which is awesome because I used the points for a sony store gift card, and the terms said not valid for gift card purchases.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Got another 3500 in customer appreciation points today. Check your accounts[/QUOTE]

Wow, I got it too. $60 worth of points within 2 months for me, this is making up for changes they made to the rewards system in a big way :D

Still waiting on the 5,000 bonus points for spending 5,000. Do you know about how long it took to get yours opterasis?

[quote name='ssjmichael']I am, yes[/QUOTE]

thanks for the quick response. so since i'm not a card member, i shouldn't expect the customer appreciations points huh?

I wonder if those customer appreciation points have anything to do with registering DVDs. I've never received any in the 3 years I've had the card, then last month I started registering the discs and I have received some last month and this month too.

Im pretty sure it's not based on spending because last year I didn't get anything and I spent about 2k a month.

[quote name='DCpinoy']thanks for the quick response. so since i'm not a card member, i shouldn't expect the customer appreciations points huh?[/QUOTE]

I know at least one person without a card who got 1,000 points last month so I'm not sure if that's the only factor. I think it just depends on how much you're doing. Like if you're playing the Wheel of Fortune games, if you're registering discs, etc... Or it could just be random, I have no idea lol

[quote name='ssjmichael']
Still waiting on the 5,000 bonus points for spending 5,000. Do you know about how long it took to get yours opterasis?[/QUOTE]

I ordered the gift card on March 27th, and the points were applied 16th.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I know at least one person without a card who got 1,000 points last month so I'm not sure if that's the only factor. I think it just depends on how much you're doing. Like if you're playing the Wheel of Fortune games, if you're registering discs, etc... Or it could just be random, I have no idea lol[/QUOTE]

haha yeah. thanks for the insight.

[quote name='opterasis']I ordered the gift card on March 27th, and the points were applied 16th.[/QUOTE]

I ordered my card on the 30th, so I'll check again at the end of the week.

[quote name='opterasis']I ordered the gift card on March 27th, and the points were applied 16th.[/QUOTE]
Oh wow, I ordered my $50 PSN code on March 7, and I still haven't got the points yet. I wonder how they giving out the bonus

If they keep throwing points at us, I'll be able to get a Vita for free in no time. I'm already sitting on $100 in sony store gift cards, and half way to another $50 card.

Well, I just got an e-mail from Sony rewards and look like the appreciation points were the bonus point that I was suppose to get for spending 5000 points. Is any one else getting this?

We're thrilled that you took part in our recent Bonus Points Offer.

As part of this offer, you are being awarded 5,000 bonus points. To thank you for being a loyal customer, you are also being awarded an additional 1,000 bonus points for a total of 6,000. They will be added to your balance and expire on Dec 31, 2012.

You now have more points to redeem for the gadgets, games, music and electronics you love. It's all a part of our commitment to you to make the experience as a Sony Rewards member the most rewarding possible.

Thank you,

The Sony Rewards Team

P.S. We added a portion of your bonus points to your account on March 30th. The remaining points were added on April 16th and will expire on December 31, 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I came in here to post that. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever as I got those bonus points last month without making any purchase yet. In fact, it was because of those bonus 2,500 points that made me do the spend 5,000 get 5,000 bonus offer.

Plus I heard people that got the bonus 5,000 points had it show up as "Redemption Program" while the bonus points deposited in my account say "Customer Appreciation 2012".

If this is true, then I think it means no one had to spend 5,000 points to get 5,000 points (or 6,000 rather). I think once you activated the offer in your account, the bonus points would start to come in on March 30th, with the remainder coming 4/16. Perhaps you didn't even have to activate it to get all these free points. Again, this makes no sense, and I will be contacting Sony to find out more.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah I came in here to post that. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever as I got those bonus points last month without making any purchase yet. In fact, it was because of those bonus 2,500 points that made me do the spend 5,000 get 5,000 bonus offer.

Plus I heard people that got the bonus 5,000 points had it show up as "Redemption Program" while the bonus points deposited in my account say "Customer Appreciation 2012".

If this is true, then I think it means no one had to spend 5,000 points to get 5,000 points (or 6,000 rather). I think once you activated the offer in your account, the bonus points would start to come in on March 30th, with the remainder coming 4/16. Perhaps you didn't even have to activate it to get all these free points. Again, this makes no sense, and I will be contacting Sony to find out more.[/QUOTE]

SONY's customer service sucks, but I can tell you, I activated the 5000 point offer, did not redeem (I didn't have enough points) and I got 2,500 appreciation points. So what they are telling you is just a way to get out of the 5,000 points.

I got the same thing. But something is fishy...why give us a "portion" of the 5000 points before the month even ended, when their terms state it would take 2-4 weeks after the end of the program? That's kind of like me buying an item that comes with a rebate, but before I mail the rebate in, the company sends me a check for half of the amount. Like that would ever happen...

04/16/2012 Redemption Program 2012 5,000 pts.

I made a purchase on 3/9/2012. Looks like my customer appreciation bonus points went away. I just checked the Feb, Mar and April and looks like its gone now. So what you guys got via email might be correct.

[quote name='slowdive21']SONY's customer service sucks, but I can tell you, I activated the 5000 point offer, did not redeem (I didn't have enough points) and I got 2,500 appreciation points. So what they are telling you is just a way to get out of the 5,000 points.[/QUOTE]

Did you also get 3,500 points on April 16th too or no? I'm wondering if people got the full 6,000 points (5,000 + 1,000 bonus) without having to make any initial purchase.

edit: I just read your post in the other Sony rewards thread. You got that 2,500 on 4/16. So I guess only those who made a 5,000 point purchase got the full amount? Either way, their system is messed up.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Did you also get 3,500 points on April 16th too or no? I'm wondering if people got the full 6,000 points (5,000 + 1,000 bonus) without having to make any initial purchase.

edit: I just read your post in the other Sony rewards thread. You got that 2,500 on 4/16. So I guess only those who made a 5,000 point purchase got the full amount? Either way, their system is messed up.[/QUOTE]

OK here is an update as I received an email this morning:

Thank you for enrolling in our recent Sony Rewards Bonus Points Offer. We're sorry that you weren't able to locate what you were looking for and redeem for the offer.

However, to thank you for being a loyal customer, you’ve been awarded 2,500 bonus points. They will be added to your balance and expire on Dec 31, 2012.

You now have more points to redeem for the gadgets, games, music and electronics you love. It's all a part of our commitment to you to make the experience as a Sony Rewards member the most rewarding possible.

The 2,500 points are the points I received 4/16. So, I have received 2,500 points total, no other appreciation points or anything. I hope that helps you guys figure out your accounts.

Thanks slowdive. So just for activating the bonus everyone gets 2,500 points. If you made a 5,000 pt purchase you got the other 3,500 points. I guess it was random who got the free 2,500 points on 3/30 and who got it on 4/16, since I got mine on 3/30 (again without making any purchase yet).

Two more courtesy of Blu-ray.com. Just One more to go! (Anonymous DVD)

Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
The Smurf's (DVD) - SCZL9CH7

Awesome, it looks like they screwed up in my favor!

On March 23rd, I ordered a $50 gift card as part of the spend 5k get 5k promo. I got the gift card, and got the 5k bonus points. On April 19th, I ordered a second $50 gift card which I received within a week. Today I check my mail and there's randomly a third $50 gift card there that I never ordered!

Here are the new movies added to the list, if anyone finds/has codes for them feel free to post them, thanks as always!

The Vow (Blu-ray)
The Vow (DVD)
The Woman in Black (Blu-ray)
The Woman in Black (DVD)
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray)
Underworld: Awakening (DVD)

Hmm I keep getting this message when I try to redeem it, but I haven't registered it yet:

Oops. It looks like this disc has already been registered.
Plus it's showing up as 25 points for me rather than the usual 45 points I get for a BR.

Edit: Are you sure YWP2Y476 is the code included for Underworld? It's the code for Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, which is why it said it was redeemed already.

Yep, looks like Sony screwed up and used the same code they included with the Don't Be Afraid of the Dark DVD.

Confirmed by someone at Blu-ray.com as well:

[quote name='Steven_qt']The code I have is identical to the "Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark" DVD and can't be used for the "Underworld: Awakening" BD.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for not getting back to you. Yup, thats the code that was included with the BR of underworld.

i will call Sony later tonight to get the correct code.

Added:

Underworld: Awakening (DVD) Q9GXM39H

When you enter it, the preview will show as "0 Points" but just hit the register button and you'll get the points for it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Added:

Underworld: Awakening (DVD) Q9GXM39H

When you enter it, the preview will show as "0 Points" but just hit the register button and you'll get the points for it.[/QUOTE]

Worked perfectly, thank you!

I just tried and observed the Underworld Blu-ray code came up with 15 points and the DVD code came up as zero point. So Sony hasn't fixed it yet. Keep waiting. :)

bread's done
Back