Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I figured I'd create a thread in the movie section for Sony's Reward system. Everytime you buy a Sony Blu-ray or DVD it comes with a code that allows you to register your disc at sonyrewards.com. You get 30 points per BD, 15 points per DVD, and if you're a Sony Cardholder you get 45 points, and 25 points respectively. Registration is completely free.

Now the best part about this is the codes are multi-use. So anyone who buys a Sony pictures studio movie can pass along their code in this thread. I've made it a Wiki thread so you can easily add your code to the list. Please post in the thread which code you've added as well, thanks.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/discs/

Here's the current list of eligible movies and some points to get things rolling:

21 Jump Street (Blu-ray) - SCZL9CH7
21 Jump Street (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray) - X862S38Y
30 Minutes or Less (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
Anonymous (Blu-ray) - WVKA3DTU
Anonymous (DVD) - 3HUF3GLW
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (DVD) - ZCD29BMF
Attack the Block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ
Attack the Block (DVD) - A27QFMGA
Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Bad Teacher (DVD) - MVDPEBTT
Colombiana (Blu-ray) - CDQA55JB
Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
Community Season 3 (DVD) - K6EBUP7C
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (Blu-ray) - LSBGNH7W
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Drive (Blu-ray) - J5DFP2NJ
Drive (DVD) - CF2EL2GN
Evil Dead (Blu-Ray) - TX58L9CK **Added August 1st**
Evil Dead (DVD)
Friends With Benefits (Blu-ray) - F5HZEFTZ
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu-ray) -F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (DVD) - X862S38Y
Here Comes the Boom (Blu-ray) - DVN4VSX2
Here Comes the Boom (DVD) - 49N79X8J
Hotel Transylvania (3D Blu-Ray) - RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-Ray) -RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (DVD) - 5YCBZ5QW
House of Cards: Season One (Blu-Ray)
House of Cards: Season One (DVD)
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray) - UJ7GL49G
Jack and Jill (DVD) - JQWP9NG3
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Looper (Blu-ray) - P2YNSA48
Looper (DVD) - XPXQT87A
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (DVD) N5C4GP87
Midnight in Paris (Blu-ray) - 3N5Y9HV8
Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
Moneyball (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
Moneyball (DVD) -3GPWGQHQ
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray) - M6ZYVJN9
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray) - UEDXHUCF **Added August 16th**
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD)
Parker (Blu-Ray) - 8C66GFDX
Parker (DVD) - LJHL9A5H
Premium Rush (Blu-ray) - 3YMXGWV6
Premium Rush (DVD) - BZFR2RUW
Resident Evil: Damnation (Blu-ray) - S89JD2H5
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD) - 88BPYQTG
The Smurfs (Blu-ray) - PS4R328Q
The Smurf's (DVD) - SCZL9CH7
Seven Psychopaths (Blu-ray) - K9VMX5AS
Seven Psychopaths (DVD) - CRDC8VJ8
Sparkle (Blu-ray) - RLM53UN2
Sparkle (DVD) 5VYARBTQ
Straw Dogs (Blu-ray) - NE3FG9XZ
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB
That's My Boy (Blu-ray) - SKWJ5Y9T
That's My Boy (DVD) -- C5ANM4YH
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 3 Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 4-Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (DVD) - CRJBXWYC
The Call (Blu-Ray)
- 2RUTZ355
The Call (DVD)
The Guns of Navarone (Blu-ray) - GA4F3CC6
The Ides of March (Blu-ray) - 5W5FVRVT
The Ides of March (DVD) - 5EHN9GAX
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Blu-ray) - UU9W7CJY
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2
The Rum Diary (Blu-ray)- QJGKQSAU
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP
The Vow (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
The Vow (DVD) - CBFTB636
Think Like A Man (Blu-ray) - BUMA6F6D
Think Like A Man (DVD) - 2Q4VF9JB
Total Recall (Blu-ray 3-discs) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (Blu-Ray) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (DVD) - 7x7262J8
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray) - YWP2Y476
Underworld: Awakening (DVD) - Q9GXM39H
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray) - UKF9PZ8Y
Zero Dark Thirty (DVD) - 8BS7GBN5
Zookeeper (Blu-ray) - JQ9H9YG5
Zookeeper (DVD) - 2M75JW64

Notes:

It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 day period with a maximum of 3 disk registrations per day
Red = Titles that are either not released yet, or no code has been posted for it

===========================================================================

So that's 945 points so far (1465 for cardholders). Feel free to post any for other movies listed there! Eventually we can earn enough to get some movies and other rewards from their site \\ :D/

Also I do realize there is a Sony Reward thread in the PS3 section, but it's a bit of a mess with movie codes posted here and there. I figured since this is a movie section it's best to have them all neatly organized in a centralized section.

(credit to the folks at Blu-ray.com for some of these codes)
============================================================================
Other ways to earn points

Get up to 250 points for playing the Elysium game. You don't actually have to play, just hit the Share link found on the page (under the game window) login to get 50 points, share on fb for another 200:

http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/game/safepassage/

Get Up to 250 Points by playing the White House Down game. 50 Points for playing, another 200 for sharing on FB: http://www.whitehousedown.com/game/enterthesecretservice/?sr=1
Wheel of Fortune Game for 10 pts:
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

Answers for Wheel of Fortune are posted here daily right at the top of the page:
http://www.wheeloffortunesolutions.com/bonuspuzzle.html

yayawoo said:
Free 250 Sony Rewards Points by Playing This Is The End Game and Sharing on FB You will be asked to download the Unity Web Player.

1) Login to your Sony Reward account sonyrewards.com
2) Go to the Ways to Earn page: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/opportunities/
3) Click on the "This is the End - in Theaters June 12"
4) Download the Unity Web Player when asked
5) Play the game to get 50 points
6) Share on the FB to get 200 points

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking at using some of my Sony rewards points towards a gift card for a gift (friend's son). Is the Sony Store Gift Card usable as a Playstation card? I don't see any other gift cards on the store or in Sony Rewards and believe this was said previously. I would hate to purchase this card only to find it was only usable at the Sony Store.
It's only usable "online, in stores and at Sony Factory Outlets", so yeah they're not the same as a PlayStation Network card or Sony Entertainment Network card. However, since the Sony Rewards site has become so limiting on what you can redeem your SR points for, the Sony Store seems to be a great alternative once you login with your SR account. I've used some of my SR points towards a PS4 game (Infamous 3) preorder. Too bad you can't purchased PSN cards on the Sony Store, as that would have been able to solve your situation.

It's only usable "online, in stores and at Sony Factory Outlets", so yeah they're not the same as a PlayStation Network card or Sony Entertainment Network card. However, since the Sony Rewards site has become so limiting on what you can redeem your SR points for, the Sony Store seems to be a great alternative once you login with your SR account. I've used some of my SR points towards a PS4 game (Infamous 3) preorder. Too bad you can't purchased PSN cards on the Sony Store, as that would have been able to solve your situation.
Thanks for the info. I suspected this was the case. In the past I had used Sony Reward points at the Sony Store to get Blu Rays since they used to have a decent selection - even if a bit overpriced. I just hoped to use them for gift cards, but obviously that isn't happening. Hopefully the selection will get a little better before too long.

You can use your points at http://store.sony.com/ on PS4 items. I had enough points to get the PS4 camera for free.
I prefer to purchase at authorized retailer and submit the form. You get retailer specific points (like reward zone, powerup etc.) and you get it sooner.

edit: I actually usually triple dip. Mypoints/fat wallet + GCU/PUR + Sony Rewards.

I prefer to purchase at authorized retailer and submit the form. You get retailer specific points (like reward zone, powerup etc.) and you get it sooner.
It's only worth it if the total is over $50 or so, the cost of a stamp erases the value of anything less than that. I really wish they had an electronic submission page on the rewards website.

It's only worth it if the total is over $50 or so, the cost of a stamp erases the value of anything less than that. I really wish they had an electronic submission page on the rewards website.
5% back takes care of the stamp anything $10 and over. They don't do electronic because of how much of a deterrent the physical is. People just avoid it or forget.

Can this be combined with GC for that specific retailer? Lets say I purchase a PS4 from Gamestop or Amazon and I use $200 in credit and pay the other $200 out of pocket. When I submit my form will they just deduct the $200 worth of points from my account or the full amount?

Can this be combined with GC for that specific retailer? Lets say I purchase a PS4 from Gamestop or Amazon and I use $200 in credit and pay the other $200 out of pocket. When I submit my form will they just deduct the $200 worth of points from my account or the full amount?
You'll get purchase credit and/or bonus points on the amount actually charged to the card. So if you submit a form for the PS4 and 200 is charged to your card, you'll get credit against that amount for however many points your account has (up to full value). If you do bonus points, you'll get that 200 times whatever multiplier is applicable (3x to 5x most likely).

You'll get purchase credit and/or bonus points on the amount actually charged to the card. So if you submit a form for the PS4 and 200 is charged to your card, you'll get credit against that amount for however many points your account has (up to full value). If you do bonus points, you'll get that 200 times whatever multiplier is applicable (3x to 5x most likely).
Awesome I got around 15k in reward points. By the time the PS4 is out I should be able to take a good chunk out of it with points. Thanks for the info.

where is the facebook link? All I see is Play and Help plus the sound toggle.
You just need to click on SHARE on the bottom-right, then login to your Sony Rewards account. On the "Congratulations you were awarded 50 point" page there's a Facbook button, click on that to post to your FB wall to get the extra 200 points.

You just need to click on SHARE on the bottom-right, then login to your Sony Rewards account. On the "Congratulations you were awarded 50 point" page there's a Facbook button, click on that to post to your FB wall to get the extra 200 points.
k, thanks. Had to try a different web browser to see the share button.

$20 and $50 Sony Entertainment cards are back in stock. Everybody go go go!

I am wondering whether these are going to sell out quickly or not. I have about $13 worth of points, but should be expecting another couple bucks worth coming from this months credit card spending. Decisions decisions.

New game for Elysium. 50 points for playing, 200 for sharing on FB (set visibility to you only if you care)

http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/game/safepassage/
Thanks. Added this to the op, as well as the codes that were posted since the last update. You don't evenhave to play the Elysium game btw, just hit the "Share" link at the bottom of the game window, log in to get 50 pts, and share on facebook for another 200. Easy.

I am wondering whether these are going to sell out quickly or not. I have about $13 worth of points, but should be expecting another couple bucks worth coming from this months credit card spending. Decisions decisions.

SoE cards or PSN cards?

Well unless I am mistaken, the $20 is already sold out. Boo.

Thanks for the heads up on the SEN cards.  I think I'll hold off though, saving up to use my points towards a PS4 game on the Sony Store later :)

Nice, finally gave up after waiting for months for SEN/PSN cards to come back in stock about 3 weeks ago, and bought a Vita Memory Card instead.  And now they're back in stock.  Nice.

Nice, finally gave up after waiting for months for SEN/PSN cards to come back in stock about 3 weeks ago, and bought a Vita Memory Card instead. And now they're back in stock. Nice.
Well I suppose you could always sell your Vita card :/

Well I suppose you could always sell your Vita card :/
I considered it, but since I still had to go out of pocket on some of it it wasn't worth it. Plus I did actually need the Vita memory card, it's just that I would have much preferred the PSN credit.

hi everyone c: 

i've been out of the loop when it comes to sony reward points for the past few months lol. (mainly sense late may) 

what kind of promotions or bonus point offers have i missed sense than??? figure i try and score as much as i can while they are still active. 

Nice, finally gave up after waiting for months for SEN/PSN cards to come back in stock about 3 weeks ago, and bought a Vita Memory Card instead. And now they're back in stock. Nice.
Were PSN cards in stock two weeks ago? I was just able to get two SEN cards, which I guess serve the same purpose. In any case, thanks for posting this.

Yuck, looks like they still have it locked down so you can't buy more than one $10 card.  Does anyone know how long they make you wait before you can buy another?  A month?  A year?  Too bad you can't transfer points between accounts.

As of 9-12-13 I am still getting the error that does not allow me to redeem more than 1 of any specific point code (PSN or SEN). This is making the rewards program basically worthless for me, as that is the only way I want to spend these rewards points. Pretty disappointed, Sony.

As of 9-12-13 I am still getting the error that does not allow me to redeem more than 1 of any specific point code (PSN or SEN). This is making the rewards program basically worthless for me, as that is the only way I want to spend these rewards points. Pretty disappointed, Sony.
I'm at that point too, pretty dissapointing considering I'm earning SR points with my PlayStation credit card every month too. I contacted SR about it last month, and they said that they intend to stop the limits soon, but I have my doubts that it'll happen.

I've just been using my points on the Sony Online Store instead, redeeming for Sony Gift Cards and some games. So far I haven't been limited on the number of gift cards I can redeem. I've made sure to never create an actual account on the Sony Online Store site, but rather just enter my SR account info to use my points as a guest during checkout.

bread's done
Back