Sony Settles w/ FTC Over False Vita Claims - Early Adopters get $$$

Just got my $25 voucher in my email!

was a bit iffy at 1st, as the email was from [email protected] and so instead of clicking on the links, i just copied the code and entered it. Sure enough, it worked. So here is the email I received. I did everything online, so no mail in submission.

Dear Customer:
We received your Claim Form related to your purchase of a PlayStation Vita handheld game console. Your request for the following benefit has been approved. To retrieve your approved benefit, please log in to your PSN account and use the voucher code listed below.
For instructions regarding the use of the voucher code listed below, please visit http://us.playstation.com/redemption[us.playstation.com]. Code expires on 2/29/16. If you have any questions concerning this e-mail, your benefit, or the settlement, please contact the settlement administrator at 1-800-410-5484.
VOUCHER CODE: (DELETED)
Sincerely,
PlayStation Vita Settlement Administrator

So I got my download code in the mail today, but I didn't receive the right code.  I had chosen the action/adventure pack that was supposed to include "God of War Collection", "Beyond Two Souls", "Twisted Metal" and "Unit 13".  Instead I got a code that redeemed "God of War HD", "Puppeteer", "Uncharted: Golden Abyss", "LittleBigPlanet 2", "Unit 13", "Twisted Metal", "Beyond Two Souls" and "ModNation Racers: Road Trip".

While I appreciate the unexpected additional games I was expecting "God of War Collection" to included both "God of War HD" and "God of War II HD", not just the first game.

Anyone know if these type of claims are required to follow through on their exact offers for settlement or are substitutions allowed (as they seem to have done in my case).  I may give the 1800 a call tomorrow to see if there's an explanation why the "merchandise voucher" was changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back