Sony to start PS3 GH line with Motor Storm, Resistance and Warhawk

so gotta ask is resistance worth the $30 ? i do actually like the packaging (the red is pretty sexy) but the demo was a little meh. i mean if i have like a billion shooters for the 360 is it worth it to pick up it up.

[quote name='blandstalker']A bunch of bullshit[/quote]Nobody factors in the percentages of the $10 more they're paying now than in last generation. You're irrelevant bitching is forgetting the SNES and N64 era, where everything was $65. Consumers are stupid, and they will buy.

And with the new retail set at $29.99, why would used game prices dip down to $17? They'll stop right at the $27 mark, but since you like to bitch about percentages, I guess you can sit at home and cry that it's a 10% decrease of the new price, as opposed to a 15%, even though it's the same fucking $3 off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']When they both start selling units? ;)

You can pick both of these up right now for under the GH price at Gamestop this week with the coupon floating around.[/QUOTE]Heavenly Sword did get enough I believe. Lair will never be a GH.
[quote name='TimPV3']Nobody factors in the percentages of the $10 more they're paying now than in last generation. You're irrelevant bitching is forgetting the SNES and N64 era, where everything was $65. Consumers are stupid, and they will buy.

And with the new retail set at $29.99, why would used game prices dip down to $17? They'll stop right at the $27 mark, but since you like to bitch about percentages, I guess you can sit at home and cry that it's a 10% decrease of the new price, as opposed to a 15%, even though it's the same fucking $3 off.[/QUOTE]Exactly. I paid $75 for some N64 games. $40 on N64 was considered Player's Choice/Budget.
[quote name='blandstalker']Easily the worst reason you gave. MS doing this sets the precedent, but that doesn't mean Sony has to follow it. Doing everything Microsoft does, but doing it later and not as well (cough trophies) isn't going to increase sales.

The real danger is that the market is going to make GH largely irrelevant. In many ways, it already has. Again, sucks for Sony because they start to lose control of their own train.[/QUOTE]Sony has lost $3 Billion thanks to the PS3. I really don't think they are going to price games that low when a blu-ray disc is already more expensive than DVD last gen.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Heavenly Sword did get enough I believe. Lair will never be a GH.[/quote]

It's a first-party title so don't count it out yet.

[quote name='The Mana Knight'] Exactly. I paid $75 for some N64 games. $40 on N64 was considered Player's Choice/Budget.[/quote]

The difference is the disparity in production costs for a cartridge compared to a disc. A BD doesn't justify the jump either. If this were my decision, I would have set the GH price at least at $25 if not $20 just to make the PS3 a little more attractive of an option compared to the 360.

From Sony's E3 press conference
Other Greatest Hits PS3 titles

Call of Duty 3
Fight Night
Need for Speed Carbon
Rainbow Six Vegas
Assassin's Creed
Oblivion
Ninja Gaiden

[quote name='TimPV3']Nobody factors in the percentages of the $10 more they're paying now than in last generation. You're irrelevant bitching is forgetting the SNES and N64 era, where everything was $65. Consumers are stupid, and they will buy.

And with the new retail set at $29.99, why would used game prices dip down to $17? They'll stop right at the $27 mark, but since you like to bitch about percentages, I guess you can sit at home and cry that it's a 10% decrease of the new price, as opposed to a 15%, even though it's the same fucking $3 off.[/quote]

Wow. I don't even know where to start. Yes, I do:

I am irrelevant bitching. Thank you. I needed a new tagline.

I provided an analysis as to why $30 is much worse overall, using several reasons in addition to percentages. That you chose to dismiss all of it as "bitching" reflects more on you than me.

Knock yourself out buying $30 games, rationalizing that because it's better than the N64 era that it's somehow relevant now, for something completely different. Just to show how awful an analogy that is in one small way, I'll note that the N64 era occurred after a major recession. After. Not during. Since you like that era so much, you do the math.

Oh wait. You did. And it sucked. Never mind.

Used prices dip far lower than $30 because of stores like Gamefly and GS, with their regular 25% off coupons, 35% with Edge. Like this week's. When it is possible to get a comparatively vast number of games at the sub $20 price point, including all the GH games (35% off 26.99 would be $17.54), why is anyone going to be excited at $30?

That was the point. The $30 price point fails in several ways at the primary reason for having GH: to spur sales. If a $30 price point induces people to buy used copies instead, it fails even harder. Sony may be in the hole, but they're not going to get any better if they don't move games.

But you go ahead. Support Sony by buying $30 GH games. Someone has to.

[quote name='K_G']From Sony's E3 press conference
Other Greatest Hits PS3 titles

Call of Duty 3
Fight Night
Need for Speed Carbon
Rainbow Six Vegas
Assassin's Creed
Oblivion
Ninja Gaiden[/quote]

Regular of GOTY? o_O

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Regular of GOTY? o_O[/quote]

They used the regular edition cover in the LBP presentation. I'm waiting for the GotY price to drop, myself. One of my friends is playing through it right now and it sounds like a horrible timesink. Horrible... but awesome.

[quote name='metaly']They used the regular edition cover in the LBP presentation. I'm waiting for the GotY price to drop, myself. One of my friends is playing through it right now and it sounds like a horrible timesink. Horrible... but awesome.[/quote]

I bought the GOTY from Toys R' Us for $2 shipped! Thank you trampoline glitch! :lol::D

[quote name='KSHLove']don't like the idea of the whole case being red for GH titles. But RFOM is definitely worth the $$.[/quote]

Is it worthwhile for only single player? I'm not looking for more multiplayer shooters, but if the campaign is good I could spend $20 on it.

The single player is good. It's starts off slow, but it picks up. You won't be blown away by it most likely, but I think you'll enjoy it if you're looking for a solid FPS to play. There are some awesome moments in the game.

i dont mind the look, as long as i can get a game for a decent price i dont care if its GH or not, weird part is i also never trade games so i have over 150 games sitting around with random GH for each system

Just seen the Best Buy ad for August 3rd, it has 8 games listed as Greatest Hits.

Assassins Creed
Resistence
CoD 3
Motorstorm
Ninja Gaiden
Oblivion
Rainbow Six Vegas
Warhawk

[quote name='blandstalker']A bunch of BS[/quote]You're the one complaining about a $10 increase, while actually claiming people will notice a difference at the marketplace, just because of the percentage. Survey says you're the over-analyzing moron here.

I know little Johnny is definitely going to pass on Warhawk now that he realizes Sony is charging 33% more for a Greatest Hit, even though it's still a deal at 50% off, just because they were $20 after we came out of a recession. Sony is fucked, indeed.

I love how used game sales are included in your hypothesis. I forgot Wal-Mart carries used games, and the average consumer signs up for and checks their inbox every Thursday for a new coupon from Gamestop. Really? You can try and sound as intelligent as you'd like, you're still looking a little too far into this, and just coming off like an asshole.

To let everyone know, I have seen Warhawk w/ bluetooth headset for $30 at Best Buy and probably other retailers. Those wanting a headset and Warhawk, buy NOW.

EDIT: It may be YMMV though, since that's what it said at mine. Sorry, I checked online and it doesn't seem to be the case.

PSN price of Warhawk has dropped to $29.99 though to match retail.

I might hop on RFOM, but used since pricing has to be adjusted for the new GH price. If it's $5 or less difference then I'll get new. NG:Sigma is an iffy, I had it for xbox1 and not sure if I should hop on it. All others I either have, had and sold, or don't care for.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

From the PS Blog for those wanting a more clear view of the new GH look.[/QUOTE]

Are the plastic cases themselves red? It almost looks like it. If that's the case, I'd actually start to prefer the greatest hits case over the original.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']To let everyone know, I have seen Warhawk w/ bluetooth headset for $30 at Best Buy and probably other retailers. Those wanting a headset and Warhawk, buy NOW.

EDIT: It may be YMMV though, since that's what it said at mine. Sorry, I checked online and it doesn't seem to be the case.

PSN price of Warhawk has dropped to $29.99 though to match retail.[/quote]

It is not YMMV - the price dropped on the bundle today. So if your local BBY has the bundle then jump on it, I am not positive if they will keep getting the bundle of start with the stand-alone case.

Whats the better online experience, Resistance, WarHawk, or just sticking with my 360 for multiplayer (Halo, Gears, COD4) and saving my cash for the bigger titles on the horizon (Resistance 2, Killzone 2, etc)

Personally, $30 is still a bit high, since I thought Resistance was already $30. If a deal comes up having them for $20, i'll surely bite.

I think its time for my 3rd ps3 game. Sigma
I'll just borrow my friends resistance. Was rainbow six vegas any good on the ps3?
I would get oblivion, assasins creed, and call of duty 3 for 15.
Just got my free ps mag and it has the 8 greatest hits titles announcement.
Call of duty 4, uncharted, and ratchet will all be mine when they drop soon.

[quote name='help1']Whats the better online experience, Resistance, WarHawk, or just sticking with my 360 for multiplayer (Halo, Gears, COD4) and saving my cash for the bigger titles on the horizon (Resistance 2, Killzone 2, etc)

Personally, $30 is still a bit high, since I thought Resistance was already $30. If a deal comes up having them for $20, i'll surely bite.[/quote]
If you want a standard online FPS, Resistance is the game to pick. If you want an arcadey, third-person Battlefield-style game, Warhawk's the game to pick.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you want a standard online FPS, Resistance is the game to pick. If you want an arcadey, third-person Battlefield-style game, Warhawk's the game to pick.[/quote]

Thanks for the input, but I forgot I still have to play UT3 and Rockband for the 360! I guess I'll just save my money, since Gears 2, Resistance 2, Killzone 2 and SOCOM won't buy themselves!

I picked Warhawk with Headset for $26.99 after 10% off at Bestbuy. I still look to pickup Resistance: Fall of Man at Kmart later this week for $19.99 after $10 off coupon.

Still few more PS3 games i want to buy
Uncharted: Drake's fortune
Ratchet and Clank Future
Heavenly Sword
Genji: Days of the Blade
Eyes of Judgment
Ridge Racer 7

[quote name='TimPV3']
I love how used game sales are included in your hypothesis. I forgot Wal-Mart carries used games, and the average consumer signs up for and checks their inbox every Thursday for a new coupon from Gamestop. Really? You can try and sound as intelligent as you'd like, you're still looking a little too far into this, and just coming off like an asshole.[/quote]

Dude, what the hell?

This is a discussion forum. We discuss stuff. This is Cheap Ass Gamer. Discussions about money, saving money, and the cost of stuff is on topic.

I posted why I thought the new GH sucks. I am not going into it again: your characterization of my argument fails worse than Sony's GH strategy. If you want to play that kind of game, I hear GameFAQs is great.

Disagree with me? Wonderful! State your point, which is lost amidst the name calling and lame attempts at invective. Reminder: the topic is Sony and Greatest Hits, not me. Your points so far seem to be that $30 < $60, consumers are idiots, and blandstalker is "an over-analyzing moron".

(Do morons really over-analyze? Does that make them assholes? Or are they some percent moron and some percent asshole? Am I over-analying now? Does that make me a meta-moron?)

I do think you should work on the consistency of your argument a bit more. While I'm glad you worry about me "coming off like an asshole", it's a little jarring to reconcile that concern with calling my posts BS and calling me a moron. And what any of this has to do with Sony or why you care so deeply about Greatest Hits is beyond me.

Love the new Greatest Hits? Good for you! Buy them for your friends. Wallpaper your house with them. I don't care. It's your money. If you want to spend substantially more of it, it's your decision, and I'm sure Sony appreciates it.

These come out today right? I guess its a good time for me to
re-buy :cold:
Resistance to get ready for R2.

I just saw the greatest hits cases in person for the first time. I don't know how I feel about the clear red cases... at least they are not as ugly as the neon green xbox ones. All I know is that I was holding off on buying Resistance but I picked it up earlier then planned in order to get a standard clear case.

Anyone know how long before we see another line of GH games come? I would love to see Uncharted get a GH status (which it inevitably will) and want to avoid picking it up until then.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Anyone know how long before we see another line of GH games come? I would love to see Uncharted get a GH status (which it inevitably will) and want to avoid picking it up until then.[/QUOTE]

Just a guess here, but it will either be soon to renew interest in the game, or much later due to renewed interest from the trophy support patch.

I already have a backlog of PS3 games despite only owning one since the end of may so I plan on playing the waiting game.

bread's done
Back