Sonystyle PS3

I managed to snag a 60 GB as well via a "backdoor." The item is not in stock but my order is processing. I'm hoping they will just send me one as soon as it comes in stock.

[quote name='Kendro']I managed to snag a 60 GB as well via a "backdoor." The item is not in stock but my order is processing. I'm hoping they will just send me one as soon as it comes in stock.[/QUOTE]

would you mind sharing the "backdoor" with us.

Since the button as now removed from the web site I called the number to check status that way. Got a guy with an attitude. Was like you mean this is a call that I can't earn commision on. Anyways.

[quote name='floormat']would you mind sharing the "backdoor" with us.

Since the button as now removed from the web site I called the number to check status that way. Got a guy with an attitude. Was like you mean this is a call that I can't earn commision on. Anyways.[/quote]

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...00&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryNam e=tvvideo_hav_ps3

Link is dead now though. Normal Sony Style PS3 systems had an "Add to Cart" button, and if you clicked it, it would state "Cannot add, no systems in stock."

The link above allowed you to add it to the cart even though it was back-ordered. This was a few days ago and Sony fixed it.

[quote name='big_squirtle']Please dont take offence, but why didn't you post the backdoor link earlier. When it was active?[/quote]
I don't know. I think it was like 2 in the morning and I wasn't thinking clearly. I mostly thought it wouldn't go through and all the orders would be cancelled anyway. Maybe its better I didn't post it. My last 2 threads didn't seem to end well regarding people's experiences with Radioshack and Amazon. Had I posted the backdoor and Sony Style cancels all the orders, I would lose any deal posting credibility here, lol.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115745

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115672

Something weird, my SS order on the site hasn't changed. Still 'ready for ship' on 11/22 but I've checked my CC balance online and the $643.49 is no longer on hold. Just gone completely. I hope this doesn't mean a cancel is coming.

If it is, kinda figures, I canceled my Gamestop order last night since I wanted the 60GB more and didn't think I would even break even selling the 20GB bundle. So I might have went from 2 systems on the way to none

I just got an email from Sony Style regarding my order. The good news is they're not cancelling orders but the bad news is they are delaying them. My email said that my order was delayed:

"Thank you for your recent Sony Style order.

Your recent Sony PLAYSTATION®3 (60GB)m PS398000 order has been delayed due to higher than anticipated demand for this new product. We are working to fill your order as quickly as possible. An estimated ship date will be provided by email when available.

You may check the status of your order at Sony Style Order Status page. It will be updated when your order ships. You can access a description of the status by clicking on the blue verbiage.

We deeply regret any inconvenience caused by this delay. If you don’t want to wait, you may cancel your order by sending a response to this email or calling our toll-free Customer Care number, (877) 865-7669. If we do not hear from you before we ship the merchandise to you, we will assume that you have agreed to this shipment delay.

Thank you for choosing Sony Style!

Sony Style Customer Care"

Mine kept saying 'IN PROCESS' on the website and today I recieved it in the mail from FedEX (I chose overnight shipping though so maybe that had something to do with it?). Either way I never got a shipping notification untill it actually got here, and my order never updated from the site either. I was just about to give up and cancel too, so there might still be hope for those of you who haven't recieved thiers yet! ^-^

[quote name='nekobi']Mine kept saying 'IN PROCESS' on the website and today I recieved it in the mail from FedEX (I chose overnight shipping though so maybe that had something to do with it?). Either way I never got a shipping notification untill it actually got here, and my order never updated from the site either. I was just about to give up and cancel too, so there might still be hope for those of you who haven't recieved thiers yet! ^-^[/quote]

I picked overnight shipping as well. what were the last 5 numbers of your order number? That will help me see how far behind you I am.

[quote name='roymustang']I picked overnight shipping as well. what were the last 5 numbers of your order number? That will help me see how far behind you I am.[/quote]
PM'ed you but just in case anyone else might wonder, the last 5 numbers of my order were 01341.

[quote name='nekobi']PM'ed you but just in case anyone else might wonder, the last 5 numbers of my order were 01341.[/quote]
That's weird cause according to the customer service rep I talked to today the last 5 numbers represent your order position so in your case it would mean you're #1,341 to have ordered and so according to the rep they ship in order so if you got yours then the 1,340 people before you should have gotten theirs yet I'm #192 which would be way before you and I got nothing. I'm gonna call them again and see what's up. Thanks nekobi.

Probably has something to do with the date on the first part of the order number. I got mine in at 11:05 pst but I got the e-mail saying it's delayed also. However It says order 11/18

Last 5 digits of my order number are 00039

[quote name='roymustang']That's weird cause according to the customer service rep I talked to today the last 5 numbers represent your order position so in your case it would mean you're #1,341 to have ordered and so according to the rep they ship in order so if you got yours then the 1,340 people before you should have gotten theirs yet I'm #192 which would be way before you and I got nothing. I'm gonna call them again and see what's up. Thanks nekobi.[/quote]
Wow, that is really weird! o_0 I hope you guys get yours... I thought for sure I didn't order soon enough to get mine and then it was just on my doorstep today with no notification or anything. Quite strange... =\ You guys did order the 60GB version, right? Because that's the one I ordered.

[quote name='nekobi']Wow, that is really weird! o_0 I hope you guys get yours... I thought for sure I didn't order soon enough to get mine and then it was just on my doorstep today with no notification or anything. Quite strange... =\ You guys did order the 60GB version, right? Because that's the one I ordered.[/quote]
yeah it was the 60GB one I ordered at 11:05pm PST on the 18th. Is that when you ordered yours?

Sadly their customer service seems to be closed at this hour and'll probably be closed tomorrow as well so I'll try first thing on friday. The rep also told me a lot of people were cancelling and so people were gaining spots so I'm not gonna give up on this yet. I couldn't get the rep to commit but she seemed pretty sure I'd get it before christmas.

[quote name='roymustang']yeah it was the 60GB one I ordered at 11:05pm PST on the 18th. Is that when you ordered yours?

Sadly their customer service seems to be closed at this hour and'll probably be closed tomorrow as well so I'll try first thing on friday. The rep also told me a lot of people were cancelling and so people were gaining spots so I'm not gonna give up on this yet. I couldn't get the rep to commit but she seemed pretty sure I'd get it before christmas.[/quote]
Well I'm not sure exactly when I placed my order, but my order confirmation email was sent to me at 1:07 AM on Nov 18, 2006. So I guess maybe they had 2+ rounds of orders? So maybe I was #1,341 from the first batch of orders and the # started over again for the second batch? ?_?

[quote name='nekobi']Well I'm not sure exactly when I placed my order, but my order confirmation email was sent to me at 1:07 AM on Nov 18, 2006. So I guess maybe they had 2+ rounds of orders? So maybe I was #1,341 from the first batch of orders and the # started over again for the second batch? ?_?[/quote]

1:07AM but in what time zone? if you're in the Central time zone then we ordered at the same time.

[quote name='roymustang']1:07AM but in what time zone? if you're in the Central time zone then we ordered at the same time.[/quote]
Hm, I didn't even think about that. XD Sorry! Yeah, Central...so I guess it really doesn't solve anything. 0_o;

I got my shipped on Tuesday but didn't get the shipping confirmation until today. I thought my order was backordered, since my shipping estimate show up as unknown on late Tuesday night. My last five digits is 00233, if that helps.

[quote name='nba4life2k']Loooks like they have removed the add to cart button[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was hoping to order it but it's not there

If you are still interested in a PS3, Sony Style is actually taking reservations for the system. I went to a Sony Style store earlier and put my name on a list for a 60GB. Hopefully, I can snag one before Christmas. Someone will be very happy. :)

[quote name='Qacer']If you are still interested in a PS3, Sony Style is actually taking reservations for the system. I went to a Sony Style store earlier and put my name on a list for a 60GB. Hopefully, I can snag one before Christmas. Someone will be very happy. :)[/quote]

Thanks for the info, i'll give em a call tommorow so maybe i can do it without going their.

[quote name='Qacer']If you are still interested in a PS3, Sony Style is actually taking reservations for the system. I went to a Sony Style store earlier and put my name on a list for a 60GB. Hopefully, I can snag one before Christmas. Someone will be very happy. :)[/QUOTE]

Can you do this online or do you have to call them?

[quote name='Pooter']Can you do this online or do you have to call them?[/QUOTE]

I would think this would be in-store only.

[quote name='zakk']I'm going to drive up to the SF store and try :)

Edit: this turned out to be bullshit.[/quote]

Sorry, it didn't work out for you. The Sony Style store in Tampa actually took (or is taking) reservations in stores only. I had to fill out a small form with my phone number and choose between a 60GB or 20GB. Only one reservation per household.

Well, what I've heard is that these stores already have lists, but only for people who waited for them on the 17th.

I heard the same thing, but I guess they didn't get too many people on launch day. I actually got my reservation on November 24. I just went in the store and ask for the list.

Well SonyStyle.com is finally shipping the 60GB I ordered back on 11/18 so if you ordered that day and are still waiting for yours then check your email, it might be on its way.

bread's done
Back