Sooo how long does it take for Gamestop digital codes to show up?

TheHelix

CAG Newbie
I ordered a $20 PSN digital card from Gamestop about 3 hours ago and nothing yet. Whenever I ordered from Amazon (all their PSN stuff is gone for some reason), it would only be a couple minutes. Anyone else having this problem?

Just heard all PSN content has been removed from amazon (which is where I did all my psn online code shopping) so now I have to resort to gamestop too.

Anyone else have experiences with gamestop's digital code delivery? I've read a lot of slow as hell reviews and some that seemed to imply delivery was quick.

TheHelix,

Did you get your code yet? how long did it take. I just ordered one a few mins ago so i am just wondering.
Thanks

[quote name='gsr1379']TheHelix,

Did you get your code yet? how long did it take. I just ordered one a few mins ago so i am just wondering.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Let us know how long your order took as well.

edit:

Decided to bite the bullet and place an order myself, not only on gamestop but on best buy as well.

I was planning on timing the email delivery of a $20 PSN code from each, but after confirming the order on gamestop it actually provided me with the code on the order complete page—essentially being as quick and pain free as amazon.

Best buy on the other hand is living up to their advisory: "E-mail Delivery: Usually sent to your e-mail delivery address within 15 minutes."

I've read a lot of mixed reviews on gamestop's delivery speed, but fortunately for me I only have good things to say. I wonder if they're updating the way they process orders or something because I have no explanation why some people receive codes faster than others.

edit 2 : Clear winner from the beginning [for me] was gamestop, but it's nearing 2 hours and best buy has yet to have sent out my $20 psn code.

edit 3 : Pushing 4hrs now and I still have not received my code from best buy. I imagine I won't be receiving it today. According to the reviews on the BBY site, just like gamestop, some people received their codes much earlier than others.

So I guess it's a coin toss for which site will have a faster delivery. For me it was gamestop, but for others it may be best buy. Good luck to anyone trying to find the right site to replace amazon. I'll update one more time once i've finally received the code.

Last edited by a moderator:
receiving the code from gamestop was instant for me
receiving it from best buy took over 16hrs

Good luck finding the right digital seller, everyone.

Put in an order for a $20 code this evening, and after an hour, I get an email saying the code is available through my order history and... it's blank.

I guess that's what I get for waiting till the last day to get the funds to buy VC2, but now I'll have to wait till tomorrow morning to find out if they can actually get me a code or will have to refund my money. Good thing PSN usually updates late.

bread's done
Back