Sopranos: The Complete Series (DVD) $60 plus taxes

Any word on seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5 being released on blu-ray? Or a complete blu-ray set? I've seen each episode at least 5 or 6 times except for the final season I only watched 2 or 3 times. It's hard to say no for

With HBO releasing their blu-rays with a version of digital copies I wonder if we won't see these released in the near future in this format.

Off topic has anyone bought one of these sets? What are the digital copies like? Are they Itune codes or Ultraviolet or some other format?

[quote name='kklems']With HBO releasing their blu-rays with a version of digital copies I wonder if we won't see these released in the near future in this format.

Off topic has anyone bought one of these sets? What are the digital copies like? Are they Itune codes or Ultraviolet or some other format?[/QUOTE]

I believe the True Blood sets are the first ones like this. Those don't come out till Tuesday, and I haven't heard of anyone with a early copy yet. All the articles I can find on it says the digital copy is a code that can be redeemed through either iTunes, Amazon, Vudu, or Ultraviolet.

This is in-store as well - I saw it today when I swung by to pickup my $10 AC:R. I was very tempted, but they only had one copy and someone had cut the top of the case with a box cutter.

[quote name='flatliner718']wait, so this is the price in store? I hate how you can't do in store pick up... but this is such an insanely good price for this show...[/QUOTE]

Just got a copy. Its in store also, I can confirm this. I would act fast if I were you. I called my local bb and they just so happened to have 2 copies. 1 was taken when I got there and the other one was waiting for me at store pickup. Ask to check on the sku of 9609752. I believe there is a new/older nicer set that costs more. This one is the set with the paper disk holders. Its still a good deal. Pre-discount it range up for $$219.99 and then the price dropped to $59.99. I'm pretty sure this isn't a pricing error and this set has been discontinued. P.S. Thanks to the OP that posted this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed the last one at my store. Almost walked past it since there is no markings on the front to signify it is Sopranos though.

Thanks OP. Awesome deal when you see Amazon has it for close to $150. Picked up one in store. They still had 3 left but with no signage only people in the know will buy this because the sticker price is $219.99.

Thanks OP!!!! Never had hbo when i lived at my parents so i could not watch this show. There were plenty of sets of the sopranos set left. Sale also including six feet under for 71.99 is that a good price for the complete set? unfortunately the wire wasnt on sale. Kind of odd since every hbo set was on sale.

I got in on this even though I rarely buy dvds anymore. I was a big fan of the show and always wanted the entire set.

My local BB had it on display (only one there) and it was above a shelf ticket saying it was indeed $59.99. I knew I would have no problems with the price at that point.

M

Snagged one today at lunch at my local BB. Great deal on one of my top five shows ever.

I doubt I'd have grabbed the eventual BD release anyways. That set is likely to run well into the $300-$400 range.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is this still live in stores?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I picked one up at lunch time today at my local store. Thanks OP! There was no signage on the shelf, but it rang up $59.99, no problem.

question: is this the one in the black binder case? I know there are 2 versions out there....i have one just aint sure which one it is

EDIT: HAHA! I have the 33 disc set not the 30

Thanks for the heads up. $10 a season ain't too shabby, plus I prefer the smaller box size. Bestbuy had a ton of HBO shows on sale. If the wire complete set was on sale I would have grabbed that as well. Oh well.

So which version are you guys picking up? Is it the release from 2009 that is sort of flat and rectangular in shape or the 2012 release that looks more like a cube? I read reviews on Amazon (i think for the 2009 release), and it looks like lots of people were getting unreadable DVDs with scratches. Can anyone share their experience with the version they picked up?

I picked up the 2011/12 version, the smaller box like version (not sure if best buy carries the older 2009 version). The discs seem fine. The packaging is actually pretty nice. Just make sure to look over the box. The slip on the outside stays on to keep the season books hidden.
I think most of the one star ratings on amazon are from people who bought them from sellers other than amazon, and got ripped off (missing discs, bad burns). Can't speak about the 2009 disc scratching though.

Blu-Ray please.

The only TV seasons I'll take on DVD are ones that won't benefit from HD anyway. So basically, old cartoons and shows like Police Squad.

DVD is otherwise a useless format in the HD age.

[quote name='sarma81']So which version are you guys picking up? Is it the release from 2009 that is sort of flat and rectangular in shape or the 2012 release that looks more like a cube? I read reviews on Amazon (i think for the 2009 release), and it looks like lots of people were getting unreadable DVDs with scratches. Can anyone share their experience with the version they picked up?[/QUOTE]

U most be talking about the 2009 when they had a collector edition
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Soprano...=1889081&skuId=9078918&st=sopranos&lp=10&cp=1

The other one that is $59.99 has the long thin box And the smaller version box. They both are the same besides the packaging and the booklet.

Amazon combines all of their reviews so idk which is which. Does the newer cube version have slips for the dvds where they slide out like the rectangular release in 09? (not talking about the original collectors edition) Or does it have actual dvd cases? Thanks for your help!

[quote name='sarma81']Amazon combines all of their reviews so idk which is which. Does the newer cube version have slips for the dvds where they slide out like the rectangular release in 09? (not talking about the original collectors edition) Or does it have actual dvd cases? Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]
The one I bought from BB a couple days ago does not have actual DVD cases--the discs slip out of a smooth cardboard booklet.

[quote name='sarma81']Amazon combines all of their reviews so idk which is which. Does the newer cube version have slips for the dvds where they slide out like the rectangular release in 09? (not talking about the original collectors edition) Or does it have actual dvd cases? Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]

I actually bought both the cube and rectangular versions today, and have been looking for unboxing videos to see which package I want to keep and which i want to return. Having seen the videos on youtube showing the slide-out DVD slips and large book-like package for the 2009 version (UPC 883929072439), I would love it if someone could describe or post pictures of the 2012 reissued cube packaging which I have yet to find good photos of online (UPC 883929225378).

I actually bought both myself as well. I finally caved and opened the 2012 cube version since I figured it might be packaged better (I couldn't find any unboxing videos for this one either). So it has a total of around 8 dvd cases. However, the cases fold open once to reveal two discs in slide out format (built in pouches) then fold open another time to reveal another two discs in built in pouches. So they slide out just like the 2009 release. Only main difference is that the packaging is more compact and all seasons aren't built into one large booklet...they're individual cases. Hope that helps!

Is the packaging like The Wire/The shield? where the disc sit in cardboard sleeves? if so i will pass.

[quote name='silentevil']Traded in some games tonight and picked this up[/QUOTE]

Same here. I bought the one with the "cube packaging." It was just sitting there on the shelf so I couldn't resist with giftcard money to burn.

bread's done
Back