Sorta broken laptop for sell cheap!!

drazticmeazres

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have a Compaq 3000 series notebook for sale, will not power up, may be power supply problems,(easy fix I heard, Dont have time, getting a new desktop) never dropped, very slight scracthes on case,( screen and everything else perfect). Just quit working one day. Compaq notebooks do have a common problem of the power supply prongs snapping off of motherboard, costs about 5 bucks and about and hour to take apart and soilder.

The model number is 3077wm~walmart exclusive,P4 2.4, cd burner, windows xp home, 512 ram( I think, will check before sell) used only for internet and to play movies and Unreal Tournament 2004. Ran everything flawlessly, included fake leather case. Original Box and papers.

Running ones sell for 700 plus still, payed 1200 about a year ago for it...350 is asking price. Can get pics if needed.

Quick question since I'm looking for a second laptop (ahh, can't fit a desktop and 2 laptops in a dorm) that is light. How heavy is this?

pics of the damage and lap top would be very helpful. u cant just assume it's the powersupply broken. in fact power supplies are pretty buff. seems like you know alot for you not to fix it since it's an "easy fix". i bet it's something else.

Its heavy...What they call a desktop replacement, and I only know all that repair info because of a compaq support board that had lots of people with the same problem. Im gonna try one more thing before I sell it, gonna borrow someones ac adapter and try a new one...if thats not the problem then its probally internal. There is no damage to take pics of, unless your talking about the few scuffs. Its not getting power thru the charger...but unlike there situations, this has never been dropped and theres proof of that with the lack of damage, nothing rattles, just wont power up. BTW thanks for that info page shrike.

bread's done
Back