SOTM Part 999,999

Emmy The Great - First Love (album)

I've been listening to this quite a bit since yesterday. IMO, this is some of her best work

Ben The Ace Productions - Spellbound '96 (mixtape)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Exploding Hearts - The Exploding Hearts - There are times when I think this may be the most perfect rock album ever made. Seriously one of the saddest examples of talent cut too short.

Manhattan Love Suicides - Burnt Out Landscapes - These guys sound exactly the Vivian Girls are supposed to sound.

Aberdeen - Homesick and Happy to Be Here

The Verlaines - Juvenilia

Leatherface - Horsebox - Awesome album, sounds like Tom Waits fronting Sugar

Sonic Youth - 1988 - Daydream Nation

[quote name='fart_bubble']Emmy The Great - First Love (album)[/QUOTE]IT LEAKED!? fuck me, I can't believe I didn't know until now.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Marnie Stern - This Is It And I Am It And You Are It And So Is That And He Is It And She Is It And It Is It And That Is That[/QUOTE]

:cool:

The Whip - Freelance Liaison / Sheep and Goat Judgement (album)

Jarred Warren (of Big Business) and Joe Preston rocking out some heavy as fuck sludge. Awesome.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The Whip - Freelance Liaison / Sheep and Goat Judgement (album)

Jarred Warren (of Big Business) and Joe Preston rocking out some heavy as fuck sludge. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, I didn't know about this! Thank you.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Holy shit, I didn't know about this! Thank you.[/quote]

This is sadly all they have, as their drummer died in a boating accident right after it was recorded. It sounds awesome though, Big Business plus Thrones.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']This is sadly all they have, as their drummer died in a boating accident right after it was recorded. It sounds awesome though, Big Business plus Thrones.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit. Well, thank you again.

Zoät·Aon - Star Autopsy (album)
Island - Orakel (album)
Thou - Tyrant (album)
Halo Manash - Language Of Red Goats (album)
Martyr - Feeding The Abscess (album)
Kinstrife and Blood - On Paths Long Forgotten (album)
Wrath of the Weak - Just a Momentary Diversion on the Road to the Grave (album)
Coldworld - Melancholie² (album)

The Coldworld and Thou were especially awesome.

NASA - The Spirit Of Apollo (album)

meh, the crap ratio to decent is way off kilter. For every good song, there are 4 bad ones right next to it.

Meiko - s/t (album)

Nomak - Muziq and Foto (album)

first straight up instrumental album from him (no vocal samples.... just straight beats) and dude seriously kills it. fucking fantastic album. Same vein as Calm but his beats IMO has been stepped up a notch which I know thats hard to imagine, Calm was fucking awesome, but the beats on this seem a bit crisper. Gonna end up having to order myself a copy

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Dan Deacon - Spiderman of the Rings

I can't wait to see him live![/QUOTE]Make sure you're right up front.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Nomak - Muziq and Foto (album)

first straight up instrumental album from him (no vocal samples.... just straight beats) and dude seriously kills it. fucking fantastic album. Same vein as Calm but his beats IMO has been stepped up a notch which I know thats hard to imagine, Calm was fucking awesome, but the beats on this seem a bit crisper. Gonna end up having to order myself a copy[/QUOTE]Glad to hear it. I was looking forward to this.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Sólstafir - Köld (album)

Holy shit, this is phenominal. Post-rocky screamo metalish soundscapes otherbuzzwords.[/QUOTE]

Going to have to check this out.

Pure Reason Revolution - 2009 - Amor Vincit Omnia

Their sound has changed a LOT. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

1058490.jpg

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Smashing pumpkins - the beginning is the end is the beginning[/QUOTE]

The original version of this song kicks ass. It's mega-late 90's industrial. :lol:

I've been listening to a LOT of New York Punk (Patti Smith, New York Dolls, Ramones, Johnny Thunders, etc.) lately, but I just downloaded this bad ass Ladyhawke remix EP, so:

Ladyhawke - Paris is Burning
Ladyhawke - Paris is Burning (Cut Copy Remix)
Ladyhawke - Paris Burning (Alex Gopher Remix)

I am dying to see Cut Copy next week, but can't come up with the funds. I'm a very sad panda right now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, SOTMers, please check out my bands first recording at a pro-studio at myspace.com/poriferatx

Please give me some honest feedback if you like! Thanks, guys!

bread's done
Back