Soul Caliber IV Arcade Stick -- Where are they??

Paullenation

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, I've been wandering around the internet; trying to find a place to buy a stick for SC4. Either platform would be fine. The only luck I've had was Play-Asia but the cost of shipping makes it not worth it. EBGames, BestBuy, and Futureshop typically never keep them in stock. What should be the plan of action? Having sticks for either PSN/XBL would be great.

[quote name='Paullenation']Hey guys, I've been wandering around the internet; trying to find a place to buy a stick for SC4. Either platform would be fine. The only luck I've had was Play-Asia but the cost of shipping makes it not worth it. EBGames, BestBuy, and Futureshop typically never keep them in stock. What should be the plan of action? Having sticks for either PSN/XBL would be great.[/quote]

Go to Gamestop, they have the EXACT same stick as Soul calibur arcade stick (only thing that makes it a Soul calibur stick is the stickers)

its called Xbox 360 Arcade Stick by HORI (its basically a naked Soul Calibur stick) and its $60, and I love it, I been using it with my Arcade games, works great

If you can't find it locally, you can order the Hori Fighting Stick from videogamesplus.
I ordered one from there a few months ago, and I've got no complaints about their service or the stick itself.

[quote name='elbkhm']If you can't find it locally, you can order the Hori Fighting Stick from videogamesplus.
I ordered one from there a few months ago, and I've got no complaints about their service or the stick itself.[/quote]

Thanks for the link. I've called two local ebgames and "as far as they know, they don't even think they exist yet for either platform." fucking idiots lol.

[quote name='elbkhm']If you can't find it locally, you can order the Hori Fighting Stick from videogamesplus.
I ordered one from there a few months ago, and I've got no complaints about their service or the stick itself.[/quote]
I've read that the Hori sticks (at least the PS3 one) has a square base that the stick sits in, instead of a round one. I'd imagine this would make circular motions like a fireball in Street Fighter difficult. Can you give any impressions on that? Thanks.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I've read that the Hori sticks (at least the PS3 one) has a square base that the stick sits in, instead of a round one. I'd imagine this would make circular motions like a fireball in Street Fighter difficult. Can you give any impressions on that? Thanks.[/quote]

Yeah, the 360 Hori has a square gate too. It's been no problem for me, but I have very little experience with other arcade sticks, or actual cabinets, so I've never known any other type. I'd imagine that if someone had gotten really used to a circular or octagonal gate that a square one might take some getting used to.

[quote name='Aleryn']360 version
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox360-Fight..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1217222923&sr=8-1

PS3 version
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-S..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1217222923&sr=8-2

I got the 360 one, it feels great if you don't mind a square base, and a round headed Japanese style stick. And the 360 one works GREAT so far on my PC.[/quote]

Amazon.com does not ship games or game accessories to Canada. Also, they products aren't available from amazon.ca.

That being said, does anyone know a place *in* canada that ships hori sticks? Paying shipping and customs from stuff in the states sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone's curious, this site quoted a shipping cost of $15 to Toronto for the PS3 stick. Too much.

I'm stranded at home with no car :( My Soul Calibur awaits me. I'm cursing my sister for taking my car this morning.

I'm also interested in the arcade stick but I will hold off for now. I remember getting one for SC2 for xbox for only $19.99.

[quote name='stetson717']I'm stranded at home with no car :( My Soul Calibur awaits me. I'm cursing my sister for taking my car this morning.

I'm also interested in the arcade stick but I will hold off for now. I remember getting one for SC2 for xbox for only $19.99.[/quote]

wa-wa-walk!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']If anyone's curious, this site quoted a shipping cost of $15 to Toronto for the PS3 stick. Too much.[/quote]

They have two(?) stores in the GTA. You can get them in-store.

Alternatively if you are in downtown Toronto, I saw today at GameShack (Atrium - Dundas/Bay) has the Hori Fighting Stick (the plain one w/o any designs) for $60.

What I'm really interested in is the Hori Real Arcade Pro EX. Play-Asia and NCSX are sold out. Anyone know where else I can purchase one of these? I doubt any Canadian stores would carry it.

[quote name='ju5tbringit']They have two(?) stores in the GTA. You can get them in-store.

Alternatively if you are in downtown Toronto, I saw today at GameShack (Atrium - Dundas/Bay) has the Hori Fighting Stick (the plain one w/o any designs) for $60.[/quote]
I was weighing my options since their locations are very out-of-the-way for me. The GameShack tip is good though, I'll keep that in mind.

any leads on where to find them in western canada? I've checked most of the local shops around here and can't find any. most ppl haven't even heard of them lol

Had the same problem finding one around canada when the virtual fighter stick came out, the hori EX for 360.

Ended up just getting one in the states.

bread's done
Back