Soul Calibur II GameCube $13.49

It's also the same price for the PS2 and Xbox versions, albiet minus the 10% code (but you can get any of them for $15 in-store, and it would be cheaper than buying it online since you wouldn't have to pay for shipping). Oh, and does this come with a lithograph when you order it from the online store? When I picked the game up at my local gamestop I got a free lithograph with it.

Your local GS probably had extra lithographs/artbooks in stock from the preorders. My local GS didn't even have the game in stock let alone the bonus item.

I just bought the XB version. Should I get this as well??? (Please say no... the accounts can't handle many more game purchases, lol!) Seriously though, I was just wondering if this is really worth picking up... mainly just for Link? Or are there other extra goodies?

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']I just bought the XB version. Should I get this as well??? (Please say no... the accounts can't handle many more game purchases, lol!) Seriously though, I was just wondering if this is really worth picking up... mainly just for Link? Or are there other extra goodies?[/quote]

The sound quality is dropped for compression and you get link woohoo.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']I just bought the XB version. Should I get this as well??? (Please say no... the accounts can't handle many more game purchases, lol!) Seriously though, I was just wondering if this is really worth picking up... mainly just for Link? Or are there other extra goodies?[/quote]

At first, I bought SC2 for the Cube just because of Link. I later sold the game, but while I owned it, I learned that the Cube d-pad sucks donkey balls.

Now, I have SC2 for the Box, and Spawn is actually really fun to play with. Plus I really like the Xbox d-pad, despite what a lot of people here think of it.

I picked up SC2 for ps2, xbox and gc at gamestop. When I bought them the guy at the counter gave me SC2 skins for all three systems for free. He also pointed out the Nuby SC2 controller, which works for all three systems. I also picked up the SC2 hardcover fighter's guide with cd soundtrack. I'm in SC2 nirvana now. :)

Just curious - why would you buy all three? do you really have so much time (so few other games) that you're planning to beat it for all three systems and unlock everything three times?

Personally, I think I'll just pick up the PS2 version on account of the gamecube controller's wonkiness (d-pad, button layout).

On a slightly related note, I just got the Soul Blade (PS1) I ordered from BB a couple weeks ago. It's the only $5 game they haven't cancelled.

[quote name='eldad9']Just curious - why would you buy all three? do you really have so much time (so few other games) that you're planning to beat it for all three systems and unlock everything three times?[/quote]

If you have to ask, you will never understand. J/K ;)

Just take a look at my collection. I have said it before and I will say it again, I am both proud and ashamed of it at the same time. I know deep down inside that I will never play every single game from beginning to end. Some people collect comic books, beer cans, tv guides, etc. I happen to collect video games, with the help of this fantastic site :)

I do understand, really. It's just that I've done the quantity thing, and now I'm ready to focus on quality. I mean, I'll buy stuff I want to play but won't have time to complete, but not something I'll never even start playing.

I rarely spend more than $15 for a game. I spend about 2-3 hours minimum playing each one, more for the quality stuff. I figure I get the same value from a dvd. Do you like my rationalization??? hehe :)

Sure, if you have the money, why not?

Personally, I think $15 for a couple of hours is not a good deal, which is probably why I don't own any movies on DVD (just a couple of shows - 10 hours for $30 sounds much better).

Again, at this point it's more about the building a collection for me, than actually spending time playing the games.

so i'm curious...what does the lithograph look like? is it a quality print on like quality paper? does it have a glossy or matted finish? and if it's not too much trouble, can you take a picture of it? i'm asking because i already have scII on xbox, but i'll consider pickin' up the cube version if the lithograph is really cool. so i guess what i'm really asking, is the lithograph worth 15 dollars?

bread's done
Back