Soul Calibur IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

PhoenixT

CAGiversary!

Features

The world's premier weapon-based fighting game franchise returns to showcase the epic struggle between the spirit sword Soul Calibur and the cursed sword Soul Edge in SoulCalibur® IV. Set to finally reveal the origins of this ongoing story, the game features new and familiar faces from across the galaxy seeking the rival swords for vengeance, honor and salvation. A revamped battle system revolutionizes the fighting game genre and with character customization to amazing guest characters to online battles, this venerable franchise vaults into the next generation with style. In a monumental alliance, NAMCO BANDAI Games and LucasArts have joined forces to feature the iconic Star Wars characters within the SoulCalibur universe, including an Xbox 360® exclusive character in Jedi Master Yoda.

• Ever-expanding roster: Now, the iconic characters of the Star Wars universe enter the fray including Jedi Master Yoda, exclusive to Xbox 360, who must restore the balance of power within the universe. And new SoulCalibur characters are featured, including Hilde, who seeks the sword of resurrection to bring back her mighty king.
  • New fighting elements: With the unique Active Matching Battle (AMB) mechanic, you must fight against multiple opponents and manage the battle wisely. Once you've weakened an opponent's Soul Gauge, you can destroy pieces of their armor, then perform a critical finishing move to eliminate them with spectacular effects.
  • Multiple game modes: Try Training mode to practice your skills, then play Story mode to uncover each character's story line, enter Arcade mode to compete in endless battles, or take on the Tower of Lost Souls where you must customize your skills in order to reap the rewards from special battles. And check out Museum View, to see your unlocked movies, backgrounds, and game art.
  • Character customization: Create a character unlike any other with custom looks and items. Build your character with items that will affect their skills, abilities, and the outcome of the battle. Choose wisely as each item affects the attributes of your character.
  • Online battles: For the first time ever, fight online to prove who is the ultimate SoulCalibur weapon master. Try Standard VS Battle to go one-on-one in a classic match-up or take your customized character online in Special VS mode, and prove that your creation is the best in the world.

Achievements: http://www.achieve360points.com/game/soulcaliburiv/

Last edited by a moderator:
Since its not locked ill answer your question

Its great I had no lag with online play. The game looks pretty on my 46inch Sony. Yoda is cool so is Starkiller. Achivements are easy I got like 175 points just for playing for like 2 hours. Beating the story is easy but it seems you will spend your time in the creat a soul and in the Tower of Souls. The switch out system is pretty cool still don't understand it but hey I don't read instruction books. Still tryin to figure out how to do the supers(the break all the armor moves) I know how but I'm tryin to figure out how to do it really fast. Game is a 10/10 for me Fav chars Raph,The Chick with 2 Swords,Maxi

Must buy game its one of those games you have to have when someone comes over.

I don't really know why this one would be locked. I know theres one in general gaming but why would the mods be upset for people with the same console discussing it. If nothing else this could be used to set up vs matches online.

Yeah there's no problem with this thread, a lot of multiplatform games have threads both places.

Also good to have another place to set up matches. When I get the game I have little desire to play with the fighting game fans that post in MarkMans thread. But I'd probably be up for playing with some other casual players/button mashers who likely never visit that thread.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah there's no problem with this thread, a lot of multiplatform games have threads both places.

Also good to have another place to set up matches. When I get the game I have little desire to play with the fighting game fans that post in MarkMans thread. But I'd probably be up for playing with some other casual players/button mashers who likely never visit that thread.[/quote]

lol your right. I'm a casual player I'm not elite to win a tourney but I know moves :)

Maybe we should try and get a small CAG casual tournament going? Just for those of us who don't sit and play for 12 hours a day memorizing moves and the like.

[quote name='lolwut?']Can anyone tell me the character that is between Yoda and the Apprentice? That blank spot is annoying me[/quote]
Nobody knows for sure, but it's highly suspected to be Vader.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Nobody knows for sure, but it's highly suspected to be Vader.[/quote]

That's what I thought. Thank you :D

Those screens from the other thread show Vader next to Yoda, but I've never heard of Gamersreports before this, so Im not sure how reliable it is.

Hows everyone doing on unlocking characters so far? I think I have all but two now. The apprentice is ridiculous he plays a bit like Taki to me just....overpowered. I dont think i really came close to dying save more than once using him in story mode even level his style to like 4 or 6 the first runthrough.

I don't think we have one yet and unfortunatly I'm going to be out of town for the next week and won't be able to work anything up. What would be a good day for everyone if we were to set one up?

Can't wait to get this game.
sc4rkelly.jpg

One last bump on this before I go in vacation. I finally got all the characters unlocked now I need to work on the tower and beating story with all of them so I can customize everyone.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Can't wait to get this game.
sc4rkelly.jpg
[/quote]

Funny how they chose the most perverted looking guy in the game for him.

I made a female version of Voldo I figure if I need to look at the char for long periods of time it may as well have an attractive skin to it rather than a tall lanky, decrepid looking old dude thrusting his hips at me all the time *shudders*. Main reason I could never get into Voldo was the whole aesthetic of the char.

Has anyone figured out the exact process of unlocking vader for the 360. It's been stated that it's through gamesave editing, but no one that has it will release how they did it. Video showing a guy on live playing as Vader. Quite interesting.

Show me info as far as I know we have to wait for DLC they already released sound tracks and costume parts VIA Xboxlive

I would like a link to this video or some proof as well, sounds awesome though. I would hate to pay for Vader, and most of the crappy DLC as well.

Exactly, but people are saying that since both characters are on both disc, they unlocked it through a gamesave edit. It's not surprising it's on the disc, Konami is known for putting the actual content on the disc and just charging the DLC rate for the unlock key.

[quote name='WordLife565']how do I change the name of my character, I made a customized yun seoung, but it won't let me change the name...[/QUOTE]

Isnt that option in the last tab?

holy fuck the Apprentice and Algor are major pain in the asses :bomb:

Took me 11 minutes with multiple rounds to defeat the Apprentice and 34 minutes to beat Algor. This was with using Sophitia.

can someone explain the first achievement? i got an easy 5G by simply pressing start first time putting in the disc.

I later let my friend sign in under his gold account on my xbox and the achievement didn't pop up for him. i ask because my pal is an achievement junkie, and he was like "YO! WHERE'S MY FIVE POINTS!?!?!"

[quote name='level1online']can someone explain the first achievement? i got an easy 5G by simply pressing start first time putting in the disc.

I later let my friend sign in under his gold account on my xbox and the achievement didn't pop up for him. i ask because my pal is an achievement junkie, and he was like "YO! WHERE'S MY FIVE POINTS!?!?!"[/quote]

It was like an achievement for watching the first intro movie. oh well who cares.

Man I started to zone out big time after losing so many matches against those two, as if I were merely watching the match vs playing it and had to pause the game several times in order to focus back into the game.

[quote name='level1online']can someone explain the first achievement? i got an easy 5G by simply pressing start first time putting in the disc.

I later let my friend sign in under his gold account on my xbox and the achievement didn't pop up for him. i ask because my pal is an achievement junkie, and he was like "YO! WHERE'S MY FIVE POINTS!?!?!"[/QUOTE]

You have to watch the full intro and then start the game.

Im terrible at this game I get my ass handed to me every time I play. (thats against the computer) I can't even play it online since im a terrible pirate and live on a ship and can only use wifi? (That wen't totaly backwards :O)

The game seems okay thus far. I've gotten a few of the acheivements and I love that Cervantes is still so easy to play as (amazingly, I remember all the good combos and moves from my days of putting $20 a week into SC2's conquest mode at the arcade)

I unlocked Starkiller, so i'll probably play his story mode sometime later this morning. Getting kinda late so I guess I'll call it a night.

Are there any IN-GAME perks to buying the LE over the standard edition? I was hearing some whispers of create-a-character items not available in the SE.

True/False?

[quote name='infamyRISE']Are there any IN-GAME perks to buying the LE over the standard edition? I was hearing some whispers of create-a-character items not available in the SE.

True/False?[/quote]

Females get a maid/schoolgirl outfit, males get suits.

[quote name='infamyRISE']Are there any IN-GAME perks to buying the LE over the standard edition? I was hearing some whispers of create-a-character items not available in the SE.

True/False?[/QUOTE]

I heard you just get some more stuff and weapons that you normally have to unlock by playing story mode and tower and such, its a code I beleive. But I cant confirm myself sicne I dont have the LE either.

[quote name='seanr1221']I can't seem to pull off those finisher moves...any help?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty annoying, thus far I've only done it with one character. You have to get their health meter flashing red (by constantly hitting them while they are guarding)...eventually their crystal will go from green, to pale yellow, then red, then flashing red.

Once they are flashing red, you need to do a move to stagger them. When they are stunned/staggering back, quickly press left bumper (default controls) to activate it. Easiest way to do it that I found was use Yun-Seung and spam --> + Y. That seems to get them flashing red pretty quickly.

This video is a decent tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQdIL8hNdc

[quote name='ddrpower']Females get a maid/schoolgirl outfit, males get suits.[/QUOTE]

And SE owners are SOL? Or can we eventually unlock those?

You can create one from scratch, but you'll have to pick a fighting style based on someone in the game. It's not like 3 that has a lot of extra fighting styles.

Picked this up at Costco yesterday and have plopped a few hours into it last night and this afternoon.

Loving it so far. Looks great and plays great. I've just been going through story mode with everyone (about half done) and went through Arcade once with Yoda to unlock the Apprentice.

bread's done
Back