Soul Calibur V and Final Fantasy XIII-2 w/$20 GC at Best Buy (PM of Target) B&M YMMV

PatelKing

CAGiversary!
So Best buy gaming reps have gotten a memo stating that they are matching Target's offer of free $20 Gift card with purchase of either of these 2 games. 2 different stores both told me this. However, this only applies to the standard version, not the Collector's which I got.

For anyone that purchased at Best buy, I would go back and get a price adjustment/match. If they say no, tell them to look up the gaming memo that they are matching the offer.

I was refused the $20 credit at my bestbuy. They said they had no idea what I was talking about.

I decided to go ahead and e-mail their customer support about it. Because I do want the credit if my purchase is in fact entitled to it. But also because I had a rediculous experience with my pickup. I got multiple things, including an Uncharted 3 CE, which has a 10 x 6 inch base to the box. Big, but nothing that would not fit in a normal size bag. I had a lot to that day, all on foot, so I needed a bag for all this stuff, and the girl at the store pickup counter kept telling me their store has nothing that would work. I was the only one at the counter this whole time too. I know they have bags, so I go across the store, tell the first employee I come to that I want a bag. He walks me up to the registers and pulls out a bag that works just fine. Seriously, like 7 out of 10 of my last bestbuy experiences have been terrible. Messing orders up, telling me they have something in stock over the phone when they don't, trying to convince me the standard edition of a game is the Collectors Edition that I ordered, etc. etc.

I voted BB best and worst retailer this year for the CAG poll. Best for prices that i was able to get with their Daily Deals, but worst for service.

[quote name='ChicoChanqlueta']Like I said, I'm not very good and just enjoy playing against the computer and friends in local. But the single player really limits your ability on that. I just want more creation options and to get that, I have to play online or just do arcade over and over. I said if you just like playing online, then this game is for you. But I do not. Getting the creation parts is not fun for me because the part of the game I enjoy doing does not level you up to get more creation parts. Glad you're enjoying it though.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying. I enjoy playing with friends more than anything else, but I aint afraid to smack a HOE LOL

[quote name='krashhole']4 hours? You do realize you have to give it time to rank up and start unlocking stuff???. I don't know why people slam the game when they don't have any time put into it. I have about 11 hours and have unlocked a lot of stuff for customization. For me, the MP is what I love and it's what makes the game a blast to play.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dgwillia006']This, im Player Level 34 and about 30 or so hours in and i still am unlocking new clothes. Apparently the last set you unlock is Level 52 i believe. After that its just Stickers and other things of that sort[/QUOTE]

what you two fail to realise is that no matter how many parts you unlock that custom character with maxi's style.... ITS STLL MAXI. why would we invest countless hours doing random battles to get parts for basically pallet swaps of existing characters? its dumb and you know it. Ive said this before SCV is not a bad game. its just not wort $60. Im sick of people trying to justify SCV's huge short comings by saying CaS & online is all it needs. what it needs is a strory explaining why the other 25 characters are there, profiles on all characters, a opening cinematic, endings, group battle, gallery mode, trails, custom fighting styles for CaS ect... Im a Soul Calibur fan to the core. i own all of them (even Legends). SCV is the KOF XII of the series... a huge letdown. MRSP should be $30. then its worth it.

[quote name='gmsick']what it needs is a strory explaining why the other 25 characters are there, profiles on all characters, a opening cinematic, endings, group battle, gallery mode, trails, custom fighting styles for CaS ect...[/QUOTE]It's really difficult to get involved in any way in a game's story mode when all but one of the endings basically amount to "what if" scenario that are quickly forgotten before the next's game in the series hits. Custom fighting styles would make it just about impossible to maintain any sense of balance in the game.

It's really a shame that Namco decided to push this game out the door with a $60 price tag. It draws the public's attention away from a really solid fighting game engine to the lack of secondary content. You're right, $30 would have been a much better price point for the game. Having 10+ pieces of DLC on day 1 doesn't help either. I still hear people talk about how amazing SC1 was on the Dreamcast, how it completely over-delivered beyond what the arcade version offered. I'm afraid Namco's need to maximize their profits with SC5 might do permanent damage to the public's perception of the Soul Calibur series.

The multiplayer is definitely great, but SoulCalibur has always had a lot of fun single player stuff to do, especially with the last 2 games. That's why I'm so let down in it :/

My store couldn't find the memo, but they did the price match for me anyway. :)

I was glad, I can probably sell it for at least $40 and break even on it - I'm one of the single-player guys, so sadly this game is not for me. :whistle2:(

I went in with my receipt for Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE. I told the customer service rep that there was an employee memo sent out to PM Target's $20 gift card deal for Final Fantasy XIII-2. She got a manager, who asked me about whether I heard this from a BB employee and I said yes. The manager spent about 10 minutes looking at something on her computer (I assume it was the memos). After 10 minutes, she handed me a $20 gift card.

My situation was extremely YMMV, but I was able to get it.

[quote name='gmsick']what you two fail to realise is that no matter how many parts you unlock that custom character with maxi's style.... ITS STLL MAXI. why would we invest countless hours doing random battles to get parts for basically pallet swaps of existing characters? its dumb and you know it. Ive said this before SCV is not a bad game. its just not wort $60. Im sick of people trying to justify SCV's huge short comings by saying CaS & online is all it needs. what it needs is a strory explaining why the other 25 characters are there, profiles on all characters, a opening cinematic, endings, group battle, gallery mode, trails, custom fighting styles for CaS ect... Im a Soul Calibur fan to the core. i own all of them (even Legends). SCV is the KOF XII of the series... a huge letdown. MRSP should be $30. then its worth it.[/QUOTE]

Glad I got it for $40

bread's done
Back