Soul Nomad.... Any good ?

Rollett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This any good.. got one in on trade today at GS and i brought it home... 29$ .. debating on if i should snatch it.. its in good condition...

If you like NIS SRPGs, it's a good bet that you'll enjoy it. I have not played this one particulary as I got tired of the formula after Disgaea, La Pucelle, and Phantom Brave.

Well playing it for a little as of right now.. its differnt then most NIS SRPGS.. for the simple fact you command a squad.. and not just one unit...

I saw this for $40 at Walmart but I think I'll wait for a price drop. I'm getting kinda burned out on NIS games. I'm interested in how people respond to this thread though.

Well i ended up buying it.. spent 22.99 on it with Employee discount and edge card.. its differnt then other NIS games... as i dont really like others.. but this one has Squad based combat.... makes it fun for me :)

[quote name='Rollett']Well playing it for a little as of right now.. its differnt then most NIS SRPGS.. for the simple fact you command a squad.. and not just one unit...[/quote]

That might be worth checking in to then. Thanks for the heads up.

It is a very good game overall and follow in the same area around the usual NIS SRPG with humor and sometimes over the top attacks.

The only thing lacking is the all around variety of units. There are not as many as the usual NIS game but there are a bunch of different secret characters to fight and after you complete the game you can go back and play it basically on the evil side.

Great game if you already played all the other PS2 SRPGS NIS has to offer.

I enjoy the story and humor that went into this game, but I didn't like the overall game mechanics, it feels average to me. Don't even try to compare this to Ogre Battle, they are nothing alike beside group formation. Like Disgaea, they have over-top animation attacks and super high levels, but with far less extra features(no item world, obtain high weapons/armor, skill) and incredibly weak tutorial.

I beat this game a few times and I loved every minute of it! The story was decent but the humor was very good. The strategy aspect was very good as well, especially once you know what you're doing. Lots of different endings. If you defeat the main boss on like 4th or 5th story battle, you get another excellent ending. To defeat the main boss that early though, you'd have to get your team to a really high level (like 9999), by doing room inspections. There's some tricks to get your team to godly levels pretty fast too.

bread's done
Back