Soul Nomad: good game?

reicaden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I had heard of this game a while back and remember wanting to get it... then forgot.

Today i found it in GS for 39.99. I have credit, so its no biggie... and was wondering if anyone had played it and found it to be a worthy purchase?

I have played Disgaea, but that is the only game I have played from NIS America, but i did enjoy it! :) liked it alot... but not enough for a 2nd cycle play through.

I also played FFTactics, and enjoyed that to no end.

Would anyone recommend it as a game to get? or no? looking for opinions :)

Thanks

I'm a hardcore NIS fan and have all of their games, each was a day one purchase for me. That said, I can easily recommend Soul Nomad to any SRPG fan. If you have enjoyed any of the previous SRPG offerings from NIS, please note that this title is a bit different. It's not really about stat-building and level-grinding in Soul Nomad, it's an SRPG that actually calls for a strategic approach. Most online reviews can clue you into the details, I recommend IGN's. There's certainly quite a bit of fun to be had with this title, but if you're not really hardcore for anything NIS (like me) just wait for a decent used copy to show up at the $30 mark.

BTW, $39.99 is the MSRP and don't worry too much over rarity. Even Wal-mart carries Soul Nomad.

Awesome, thanks for the replies :)

I already have Disg. 2, just have not had time to play it, as of yet... but i will! oh i will! :)

And thanks for all that input Zephie. I'll hold off then and play/finish Disg.2 in the meantime. Hopefully it'll drop in price a bit by the time I finish Disg.2 and I can pick it up. I am just afraid it'll all of a sudden vanish and become hard to find (which I doubt, but would hate to see happen).

Thanks again fellas :) great input... atleast I know now that i will for sure buy it when i see it on the cheaps :)

bread's done
Back