SoulCalibur IV - (10.17.08) - Vader/Yoda DLC set to release on 10/23 [400 points]

Guys bracket will be posted at 8pm pst. You can do your matches if you want but you have 2 days. Some side notes though:

360 tournament:
Markman and B:L were removed from the 360 tournament due to uneven players. You guys can fill in if someone doesn't get their match in though. Sorry.

ps3 tournament:
The first two losers will be able to stay in the tournament for another match and winner will move on due to uneven players. Whoever is the first people to have their matches and post results here will have the losers of those two matches face off to move on.

Will post again at 8.

Can't you just run a bigger bracket pool with byes in place for the uneven amount of people?

I don't mind if I have to play more matches than some people. :/

There are usually ways around uneven people. If you need help/tips on it let me know and I can help plot it out.

I won't be on until Saturday night at the earliest, Sunday night at the latest.

Also if you need more people for the 360 tournament, I'll sign the game out from work and play in it.

[quote name='MarkMan']Can't you just run a bigger bracket pool with byes in place for the uneven amount of people?

I don't mind if I have to play more matches than some people. :/

There are usually ways around uneven people. If you need help/tips on it let me know and I can help plot it out.[/QUOTE]

I would have had to put in 6 byes to make it an even bracket. Figured just minus the 2 doubles and it made things easier. Don't worry though, there will be more tournaments soon.

2681773424_443391b71c_o.jpg

Presents
the SoulCalibur IV

Tournament of Souls

News

8/8/08 - Brackets are up. Round 1 Begins
8/8/08 - The first two losers will be able to face off again in the first round. Only the first 2 matches losers will be given a second chance.
8/8/08 - B:L and Markman were removed from this tournament to make an even bracket. You will be fill-ins if needed.
8/7/08 - Tournament bracket will be posted friday at 8pm PST.
8/7/08 - signups close in 36 hours.
8/7/08 - We could use a few more 360 players.
8/7/08 - PS3 signups will close if 16 players are reached.
8/7/08 - People in both 360/ps3 tournaments might be removed to make room. (doubtful)
8/7/08 - Placements on the tournament bracket will be random.
8/5/08 - Matches will be played in standard mode.

Tournament Rules:
Best of 3 matches (3 rounds in a match)
You have 48 hours to complete your match or be disqualified

Tournament Schedule: *subject to change*

8/08/08 11:59pm PST ----- Registration Closed

8/09/08 12:00am PST ----- Round 1
8/11/08 12:00am PST ----- Round 2
8/13/08 12:00am PST ----- Round 3
8/15/08 12:00am PST ----- Round 4
8/17/08 12:00am PST ----- Round 5 (depending on # of entree's)
8/19/08 12:00am PST ----- Round 6 (depending on # of entree's)

Match Rules:
Matches will be played in standard mode only.
Default time limit
Default weapons
Random Map (or one agreed upon by both players beforehand)

Allowed:
All characters (including customs)
All maps

Banned:
custom weapons

360 - 8 Souls ************

Cag Name: Akilshohen
Gamertag: Akilla05
Time Zone: CST

Cag Name: Dwhelan
Gamertag: Tiny 415
Time Zone: EST

Cag Name: Renegade_Zero
Gamertag: Renegade Zer0
Time Zone: PST

CAG Name: SAB-CA
Gamertag: SAB CA

Cag Name: danked
Gamertag Danked

Cag Name: Rieter
Gamertag: Rieter

Cag Name: outlawrz
Gamertag: outlawrz

Cag Name: ZerotypeX
Gamertag: ZerotypeX

PS3 - 14 Souls ************

CAG Name: MarkMan
PSN: MarkManSDT

CAG Name: Azumangaman
PSN: Azumangaman

Cag Name: RelentlessRolento
PSN: Rolento

Cag Name: Rei no Otaku
PSN: Rei_no_Otaku

Cag Name: Esper
PSN: qwikkiwq

Cag Name: jonlubbe
PSN: jonlubbe

Cag Name: B:L
PSN: B__L

Cag Name: Jest
PSN: Jest311

Cag Name: tiggerkiddo
PSN: shdwtorn
Time Zone: MST

Cag Name: sprintsucks5892
PSN: sprintsucks

Cag Name: bornrunnin31
PSN: x3x1x

Cag Name: Hidden Fury
PSN: Hidden Fury

Cag Name: bobo2k4
PSN: bobo2k4

Cag Name: Heavyd853
PSN: HeavyD853

ROUND 1

Akilshohen vs Rieter
Dwhelan vs Renegade_Zero
danked vs ZerotypeX
SAB-CA vs outlawrz

PS3
sprintsucks5892 vs RelentlessRolento
Esper vs Rei no Otaku
Hidden Fury vs MarkMan
bornrunnin31 vs Jonlubbe
Heavyd853 vs tiggerkiddo
B:L vs Azumangaman
Jest vs bobo2k4​

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']nice... I'll be online later tonight so whoever I match up against should have some games against me if they desire.[/QUOTE]
I'm up against you, and should be awake for another 2- 2 1/2 hours. Around what time do you want to play?

Edit: I'll go add you on PSN right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolento won. He played the best Lizardman and Tira I've seen online thus far.:D It made me realize that Amy should not be my main for any reason.:lol:

Edit: Forgot to mention that Policeman Lizardman is the best edit I've seen. :lol:

Wow, so first two people to report they lose get an EXTRA turn in a single elim bracket?

If so I forfeit my first round match to hidden fury. Put me in the Loser 1 spot lol.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Rolento won. He played the best Lizardman and Tira I've seen online thus far.:D It made me realize that Amy should not be my main for any reason.:lol:

Edit: Forgot to mention that Policeman Lizardman is the best edit I've seen. :lol:[/quote]

:lol: thanks, I'm proud of my Lizardman keeping the streets safe at night ;)

Yeah, I'm tossing up the idea of having Tira as my main eventually. I did realize though that your Cassy was pretty good, definitely better than your Amy. I'm also guessing you have a fetish for bob-cut hair on girls ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: thanks, I'm proud of my Lizardman keeping the streets safe at night ;)

Yeah, I'm tossing up the idea of having Tira as my main eventually. I did realize though that your Cassy was pretty good, definitely better than your Amy. I'm also guessing you have a fetish for bob-cut hair on girls ;)[/QUOTE]
:lol: I don't know why I seem to put bob/short haircuts on all of the girls. I must have some weird complex stemming from some childhood trauma. Or the long hair CAS parts suck. It's a tossup between the two.:) And I agree about my Cassandra. I started to get bored of her last week so I decided to switch to Amy, which obviously has not yielded great results. Tonight was the first time I've played as Cassandra in a few days, and she definitley felt more "fun" to play than Amy. Another added plus is the fact that I don't look a pedophile when I make slutty edits of her, the same of which cannot be said for Amy.
You play just as great with Tira as you do with Lizardman, so either way you'll be kicking ass. Tira seems to catch more players off guard with her odd moves, so maybe that would be a good choice.

Edit: Forgot to mention before that latency of our matches were flawless. Felt like I was playing someone who was sitting next to me. Did you notice that as well?

[quote name='MarkMan']Wow, so first two people to report they lose get an EXTRA turn in a single elim bracket?

If so I forfeit my first round match to hidden fury. Put me in the Loser 1 spot lol.[/QUOTE]

Thats fine is thats how you want to roll. The whole point of the tournament was to just play new CAG's and have some fun. There is no prize or glory for first place in a tournament 1 week after the game came out and where online play is from what i hear mostly lag-fests. But if you just want to lose and be put in loser 2 spot then be my guest. I dont see where the fun in that is though.

If so, its you vs sprintsucks5892. Same deadline.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']

Edit: Forgot to mention before that latency of our matches were flawless. Felt like I was playing someone who was sitting next to me. Did you notice that as well?[/QUOTE]

Thats good to hear. Hopefully most matches will be pretty lag free

To whoever I face in the loser bracket:
The only days I can really play for Round 1 is tonight or tomorrow(Saturday). I'm busy helping my sister move all Sunday.

Solnhofen is a cool fake character, so i remade him. I also wonder if you can unlock the skull for CAS?

RelentlessRolento, id really like to see your cop lizard. I dont even remember seeing a police uniform in the CAS. Can someone take a pic of it and post it?

Right now im leveling up everyone to 9, and getting money to buy everything i can. It also helps me get more familiar with each character.

[quote name='outlawrz']Whoever i'm playing add me on live because i wont be back until sunday
my gamertag is:eek:utlawrz[/quote]

Ok, I'll add you to my live list next time I'm online! I look forward to our matches!!

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']In a few...

...never mind...too tired and people still sapping my line.[/quote]

Yeah, sorry! I just got home late from work.

And my ps3 doesn't seem to like the apartment places network ( I moved in on tuesday)

I just played a bunch of matches with a friend and it was incredibly smooth, with 5 bars the majority of the time. Pulled off quite a few guard impacts, and we even had some back-and-forth action. That made me happy because most of the random matches I get into are pretty awful, lag-wise.

Also Rolento's lizardcop beat up my lizardcop. :[

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']
Edit: Forgot to mention before that latency of our matches were flawless. Felt like I was playing someone who was sitting next to me. Did you notice that as well?[/quote]

Yeah, the matches went smoother than most online matches to b honest. again due to lack of lag, ggs.

[quote name='metaly']
Also Rolento's lizardcop beat up my lizardcop. :[[/quote]

Your cop wasn't wearing enough blue maybe ;)

[quote name='The 7th Number']RelentlessRolento, id really like to see your cop lizard. I dont even remember seeing a police uniform in the CAS. Can someone take a pic of it and post it?
[/quote]

I'll see if I can take pics sometime tomorrow and post em.

After a fierce battle with Akilla05, one soul reigned triumphant, it was a good and hard won fight, I thank you.

plain english, i won, he fought well though, I look forward to the next round.

I believe he will verify, dont quote me on that though...

Sorry, my friend found out about the tourney late and he wants to sign up. Seeing as I haven't really 'played' yet... can he take my spot? He enjoys this game much more than I do so I thought I'd be nice and let him play... His details are.

n8nmonster [n8nmonster] || PST

He should be saying hello in here...

[quote name='n8nmonster']hi,

since mark hasnt played yet, is it okay i take his place instead?

psn: n8nmonster[/quote]

:lol: if so the fight has been decided already >_<

jk

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Esper, if I'm not on tomorrow night I'll definitely be on Sunday night.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Rei, I wasn't available today (Friday night) to play with you.

Sure, either tonight or tomorrow night (Sunday night) works. Just let me know what time you're ready to play. Shoot me an invite.:)

ROUND 1

Akilshohen vs Rieter
Dwhelan vs Renegade_Zero
danked vs ZerotypeX
SAB-CA vs outlawrz

PS3
sprintsucks5892 vs RelentlessRolento
Esper vs Rei no Otaku
Hidden Fury vs MarkMan
bornrunnin31 vs Jonlubbe
Heavyd853 vs tiggerkiddo
B:L vs Azumangaman
Jest vs bobo2k4
sprintsucks5892 vs n8nmonster

360 - 8 Souls ************

Cag Name: Akilshohen
Gamertag: Akilla05

Cag Name: Dwhelan
Gamertag: Tiny 415

Cag Name: Renegade_Zero
Gamertag: Renegade Zer0

CAG Name: SAB-CA
Gamertag: SAB CA

Cag Name: danked
Gamertag Danked

Cag Name: Rieter
Gamertag: Rieter

Cag Name: outlawrz
Gamertag: outlawrz

Cag Name: ZerotypeX
Gamertag: ZerotypeX

PS3 - 14 Souls ************

CAG Name: MarkMan
PSN: MarkManSDT

CAG Name: Azumangaman
PSN: Azumangaman

Cag Name: RelentlessRolento
PSN: Rolento

Cag Name: Rei no Otaku
PSN: Rei_no_Otaku

Cag Name: Esper
PSN: qwikkiwq

Cag Name: jonlubbe
PSN: jonlubbe

Cag Name: B:L
PSN: B__L

Cag Name: Jest
PSN: Jest311

Cag Name: tiggerkiddo
PSN: shdwtorn
Time Zone: MST

Cag Name: sprintsucks5892

Cag Name: bornrunnin31
PSN: x3x1x

Cag Name: Hidden Fury
PSN: Hidden Fury

Cag Name: bobo2k4
PSN: bobo2k4

Cag Name: Heavyd853
PSN: HeavyD853

[quote name='n8nmonster']hi,

since mark hasnt played yet, is it okay i take his place instead?

psn: n8nmonster[/QUOTE]
Around what time do you want to play? I'm EST, so does something like 12 AM EST/9 PM PST sound good to you? Unless you'll be on during the day. Just add me and send me an invite.

Ummm....WTF? Why do I have to go up against B:L? Isn't he the best one here?

Also, I'm trying really hard to move my PS3 from NAT3 to NAT2, but its just not listening to me. So if I can't get it fixed, I can't play. My router is a WRT110 from Linksys. The portforwarding stie isn't working. If anybody can help me, please PM me.

You could try using a custom firmware such as WRT-DD or Tomato, but I don't know if they will work on that specific model, check their sites.

Anyone have any tips on creating strong CAS characters for use in the Tower?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Ummm....WTF? Why do I have to go up against B:L? Isn't he the best one here?

Also, I'm trying really hard to move my PS3 from NAT3 to NAT2, but its just not listening to me. So if I can't get it fixed, I can't play. My router is a WRT110 from Linksys. The portforwarding stie isn't working. If anybody can help me, please PM me.[/QUOTE]

Someone has to. Congrats on being a bad enough dude to take the first spot. :cool:

The most important thing is to have fun. Online mode has some...equalizers in place with lag and such, so just play your best. Good luck. ;)

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']HeavyD, I should be on around the same time, or a bit earlier (Get home from work around 8), let me know when is a good time for you.[/quote]

I'm getting really screwed by work lately, so I won't even get off until 11.

On top of that, I'm still having problems with networking on my ps3, so I may just have to drop out of the tourney.

Really sorry!

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Around what time do you want to play? I'm EST, so does something like 12 AM EST/9 PM PST sound good to you? Unless you'll be on during the day. Just add me and send me an invite.

PSN: sprintsucks[/QUOTE]

yo,

i'm online right now (6PM PST / 9PM EST) if youd like to match up earlier.

bread's done
Back