SoulCalibur IV - (10.17.08) - Vader/Yoda DLC set to release on 10/23 [400 points]

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm back home. So Esper, anytime you want to have that match let me know. I'll add you on PSN.[/QUOTE]

Alright, let's do it right now :D

I beat Esper. 2 matches to 1, but we had some bad lag going. We'll definitely need to play again sometime.

Guess I'll be able to face you Rolento...

Rei annihilated me :D. That was awesome. Nice Cass/Soph combo.

It's really hard to execute moves online. Sorry, I wasn't a good enough, lol. Good game.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']
Guess I'll be able to face you Rolento...[/quote]

It's going down! I'll have to play some west side story music to get the rivalry going even though I know we're friends >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']It's going down! I'll have to play some west side story music to get the rivalry going even though I know we're friends >_

*masturbates at the thought of seeing Rei and RR battle*

It is enough to make women's heads explode. Maybe even TMK's head too.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, downloading the patch now... my guess is balance or online fixes?

nvm... it adds the following:

IMG_0719-noscale.jpg
[/quote]

Those aren't quite the parts I was hoping for. :whistle2:#

[quote name='heavyd853']I'm getting really screwed by work lately, so I won't even get off until 11.

On top of that, I'm still having problems with networking on my ps3, so I may just have to drop out of the tourney.

Really sorry![/quote]

Alas, I'll try to stay up to about 12:30 MST or so.

Well i cant beat level 45-46. Ive used many different combinations. HP drain A, Venom A, others. I use characters im good with,....or so i think. But this level is fucking impossible. Unless you are some kind of expert or just get lucky, you wont pass this level. Im tired of the never ending combos that take most of your life away, while you have to chip away at theirs over and over. Im done, i think im going to sell this peice of shit game. Sorry, but i dont think games should be made where only fucking experts can complete them. I play games to have fun and enjoy them, right now im not doing either of those things with this game.

Selling the game off because of 45-46F may be a little extreme. Then again, I was playing the same floors last night and the only thing that kept me from smashing the controller was remembering that they're so @#$@ expensive nowadays. (Also I didn't like the thought of plastic shards in my palms.)

I ended up using a beefed-up Astaroth (x3) with Soul Gauge Damage A, like Magentis recommended. I just used 1A over and over (I am an expert at this now) until they got soul crushed and in my winning run I critical finished all three of them. Still took almost an hour because I suck with Astaroth and it definitely wasn't fun. The floors afterward are much easier.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well i cant beat level 45-46. Ive used many different combinations. HP drain A, Venom A, others. I use characters im good with,....or so i think. But this level is fucking impossible. Unless you are some kind of expert or just get lucky, you wont pass this level. Im tired of the never ending combos that take most of your life away, while you have to chip away at theirs over and over. Im done, i think im going to sell this peice of shit game. Sorry, but i dont think games should be made where only fucking experts can complete them. I play games to have fun and enjoy them, right now im not doing either of those things with this game.[/quote]

don't let a single part piss you off... yeah the same levels got me as pissed off as you, but eventually you find a good system.

best advice I can give is have a character with the skills you listed and hit the opponent, run away for a health drain, hit, run, hit, run. that's how I got it after the 50th try.

I finally beat it. I spammed the Forward Y, Y move with Yun-Seong (used 3 of the same character). Was able to get 3 critical finishes and only used 2 of the 3 available characters. But damn, even that took me a few tries. I have to admit, i let these things really get under my skin.

ROUND 2

Rieter vs Renegade_Zero
danked vs outlawrz

PS3

RelentlessRolento vs Rei no Otaku
Hidden Fury vs bornrunnin31
tiggerkiddo vs B:L
bobo2k4 vs n8nmonster

ROUND 1

Akilshohen vs Rieter
Dwhelan vs Renegade_Zero
danked vs ZerotypeX
SAB-CA vs outlawrz

PS3
sprintsucks5892 vs RelentlessRolento
Esper vs Rei no Otaku
Hidden Fury vs MarkMan
bornrunnin31 vs Jonlubbe
Heavyd853 vs tiggerkiddo
B:L vs Azumangaman
Jest vs bobo2k4
sprintsucks5892 vs n8nmonster

360 - 8 Souls ************

Cag Name: Akilshohen
Gamertag: Akilla05
Time Zone: CST

Cag Name: Dwhelan
Gamertag: Tiny 415
Time Zone: EST

Cag Name: Renegade_Zero
Gamertag: Renegade Zer0
Time Zone: PST

CAG Name: SAB-CA
Gamertag: SAB CA

Cag Name: danked
Gamertag Danked

Cag Name: Rieter
Gamertag: Rieter

Cag Name: outlawrz
Gamertag: outlawrz

Cag Name: ZerotypeX
Gamertag: ZerotypeX

PS3 - 14 Souls ************

CAG Name: MarkMan
PSN: MarkManSDT

CAG Name: Azumangaman
PSN: Azumangaman

Cag Name: RelentlessRolento
PSN: Rolento

Cag Name: Rei no Otaku
PSN: Rei_no_Otaku

Cag Name: Esper
PSN: qwikkiwq

Cag Name: jonlubbe
PSN: jonlubbe

Cag Name: B:L
PSN: B__L

Cag Name: Jest
PSN: Jest311

Cag Name: tiggerkiddo
PSN: shdwtorn
Time Zone: MST

Cag Name: sprintsucks5892
PSN: sprintsucks

Cag Name: bornrunnin31
PSN: x3x1x

Cag Name: Hidden Fury
PSN: Hidden Fury

Cag Name: bobo2k4
PSN: bobo2k4

Cag Name: Heavyd853
PSN: HeavyD853

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='outlawrz']SAB CA Give me a time when you'll be available,[/quote]

I can be now ^_^ I'll be on live, just let me know when you see me!

The outlawrz WINS! SAB CA faces crushing defeat after Sisters + Ivy destroys his Cervantes (I had to get a small stage, right?) and Talim offensives!

Couldn't have been Mitsurugis or Yun-seongs, eh? XD Seriously though, great fights there, that's the most "pinball'd" I've ever been by any Ivy player. And why does it seem like every Ivy player has their own unblockable/guard breaks? -_-;; I need to fight more Ivy....

finally getting somewhere with online

ripped out a 10-win streak and a 17-win streak.

i've only fought two decent players online; a talim (although seriously i didn't know any of her strings anyway but there was all this crazy evasion going on) and an astaroth.

i don't think i've seen anyone block amy's 3BA. hahah.

i love doing sick combos online like cassie's 236, 236B, wall!, 236, 236B. i think someone quit after i did that. also had success with an amy combo of 33B+K (stun), 33B, 33B+K~236KK and people quit again =) loving how cass's 1A combos with 236B, that's 55 damage off of a low.

problem matches so far for me are nightmare and sig (i can't read their lows for some reason) and kilik (if i can't step it's a tough match). i also have no idea what the hell ivy and X are doing either. mitsus have been pretty easy once i learned to block 1A and 2KB.

i'm trying to learn setups for amy's unblockables of A+K B and 4A+B. i've had some success online with a funny setup of cass of B+G, 9K... if they do anything but standing guard they'll get hit by it. you can also setup mindgames with 3B 8[B+K].

i might have to learn a little of night / sig / ivy / x so that i know how to fight them.

anyway i dunno if anyone plays, my XBL is to the side so hit me up for games

I played a bunch of matches online last night, mainly to get a few nerd points. I did pretty good, got to level 22 no problem. Lots of noobs, even the people that were level 40 or higher weren't all that good. Peoples got to learn to block low.

I also noticed everyone makes the same looking characters. Big guys with layers of flashy armor. Then they name them something cheesy like "Lord Kage" or "Master Darkness" The lack of originality was quite disappointing.

I made a bunch of silly characters and had a lot of fun since I wasn't taking it so seriously. Still I wonder what people think when they get beat by a gay looking, balding old man with barely any clothes on who fight like Voldo?

[quote name='B:L']Hey azumangaman, let us know what's up. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Sorry man. Right now, I want to punch somebody in the face. It just wont become NAT2. I can't figure it out.

[quote name='SAB-CA']The outlawrz WINS! SAB CA faces crushing defeat after Sisters + Ivy destroys his Cervantes (I had to get a small stage, right?) and Talim offensives!

Couldn't have been Mitsurugis or Yun-seongs, eh? XD Seriously though, great fights there, that's the most "pinball'd" I've ever been by any Ivy player. And why does it seem like every Ivy player has their own unblockable/guard breaks? -_-;; I need to fight more Ivy....[/quote]

heh, i could play with mitsu but not yunseong, not at all.

good games, one of the best talims i've seen. I had to do a lot of observing on talim the first game. It's a shame i know how to play with Cervantes and i've played hundreds of them online so i knew what was up with him heh

[quote name='Rodimus']I played a bunch of matches online last night, mainly to get a few nerd points. I did pretty good, got to level 22 no problem. Lots of noobs, even the people that were level 40 or higher weren't all that good. Peoples got to learn to block low.

I also noticed everyone makes the same looking characters. Big guys with layers of flashy armor. Then they name them something cheesy like "Lord Kage" or "Master Darkness" The lack of originality was quite disappointing.

I made a bunch of silly characters and had a lot of fun since I wasn't taking it so seriously. Still I wonder what people think when they get beat by a gay looking, balding old man with barely any clothes on who fight like Voldo?[/quote]

yeah, going online makes a little piece of me die always since I forgot how uncreative people try to be and when people care less to be better fighters.

[quote name='anomynous']Because everybody is a hardcore gaming artist, right?[/quote]

:lol: no, I just meant that sometimes people don't even want to try. I'd like at least some form of effort. don't take what I said the wrong way :cry:

[quote name='anomynous']Because everybody is a hardcore gaming artist, right?[/quote]

No, not everybody. Maybe just 2 or 3 out of a 100.

[quote name='outlawrz']heh, i could play with mitsu but not yunseong, not at all.

good games, one of the best talims i've seen. I had to do a lot of observing on talim the first game. It's a shame i know how to play with Cervantes and i've played hundreds of them online so i knew what was up with him heh[/quote]

Thanks! I keep trying to get better and better with Talim, as people keep telling me how bad she is. "SCII Talim or BUST!" This one is pretty sweet, too! I'm tempted to learn Sophi, she just seems so strong... but that just makes me wanna perfect my Talim even more...

I could tell you knew Cervy as soon as we fought, haha. "Hmmm, he knows him, and I'm on a stage I'll probably ring myself out on. Ok, this one won't go too well!"

I'm more impressed by Ivy the more I see such effective play of her. I only fought one other Ivy that could hold a candle to what you pulled off. And that one still didn't control space nearly as well...

kainzero: Hey, I wonder if I fought you online, I think I remember a JOOOOOEEEEE once... I have a friend named Joe, so the name always sticks in my mind ^_^ Either way, I'll gladly fight ya, if you ever see me on. You could learn how to watch for Talim offa me (but hopefully not too well! lol)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still wanna fight more of you online though. A Lizard Cop gotta do more than donuts.[/quote]

Do you play on 360 too, or just PS3? I just fought my first Lizardman TODAY, after being online since release. I wanna see this legendary Lizardcop!

I don't have it on 360... >_< I'll post pics eventually.

tonight I've been playing online alot (shooting for the level 20 honor... after that, only online with CAGs)... it's very sad since 95% of my fights are with Kilik... ?????? he's what I would say is the new eddy gordo.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I don't have it on 360... >_< I'll post pics eventually.

tonight I've been playing online alot (shooting for the level 20 honor... after that, only online with CAGs)... it's very sad since 95% of my fights are with Kilik... ?????? he's what I would say is the new eddy gordo.[/quote]

-nod-

You'd think the "Eddy" spirit would shift over to Maxi...

I see mostly Seigs here, still. Though I actually fought a good one today... I'm surprised at how straightforward Kilik is when you get to know him... sucks for my friend, Kilik is his main, and yet, I know all his changes/new stuff so well thanks to soooooo many people playing him...

[quote name='SAB-CA']-nod-

You'd think the "Eddy" spirit would shift over to Maxi...

I see mostly Seigs here, still. Though I actually fought a good one today... I'm surprised at how straightforward Kilik is when you get to know him... sucks for my friend, Kilik is his main, and yet, I know all his changes/new stuff so well thanks to soooooo many people playing him...[/quote]

You know, I would expect more Maxis online, but no, its mostly Kiliks, Nightmares or Seigs. Also getting a bunch of Astroths too. I find though, that a lot of newbies to online will use Apprentice, just something I noticed.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I cant escape Mitsurugi.

People spamming his 66+B, B and 2+K, B.[/quote]

Don't forget his 4+K, B. While I don't have a big problem with him I do see people doing the same 3 moves and it's annoying.

Playing tonight I had some guy calling me "Po-Po" through the whole match with my cop lizardman... >_<

Someone else couldn't stop laughing one whole match while I played my CaS Lizardmam

which made a new point I missed... the new patch apparently lets you talk during fights now... :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
which made a new point I missed... the new patch apparently lets you talk during fights now... :)[/quote]

Werent you always able to talk during a fight? :whistle2:s

Online Mitsurugi is so annoying if there is delays. It is impossible to see 2KB anyways, imagine fighting the mixup between 4K and 2K online X_X

[quote name='Link927']Werent you always able to talk during a fight? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I think it was a PS3 problem that was fixed as the Xbox 360 version never had this issue.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Playing tonight I had some guy calling me "Po-Po" through the whole match with my cop lizardman... >_<

Someone else couldn't stop laughing one whole match while I played my CaS Lizardmam

which made a new point I missed... the new patch apparently lets you talk during fights now... :)[/quote]

I want to see it. LMK next time you play online.

[quote name='Owen']I think it was a PS3 problem that was fixed as the Xbox 360 version never had this issue.[/quote]

Ah I see, I was thinking of the 360.

bread's done
Back