Sound Bar deal?

mikeyme

CAGiversary!
Hi, I am wondering what i should be looking at, spec, when purchasing a sound bar.
im kinda new into this whole thing so i dont really no whats a good deal and whats not.

i cant help ya on this one. i love my auidio gear (yes, i can be called an audiophile lol) but the sound bars just dont interest me- so i havnt looked into them. they dont seem to serve any real purpose as far as i can see other then being a long speaker akin to a center channel. maybe i'm wrong?

[quote name='Shadows916']i cant help ya on this one. i love my auidio gear (yes, i can be called an audiophile lol) but the sound bars just dont interest me- so i havnt looked into them. they dont seem to serve any real purpose as far as i can see other then being a long speaker akin to a center channel. maybe i'm wrong?[/QUOTE]

I agree. They look the part, but as far as performance, I have yet to be impressed.

[quote name='JMClarkent']I agree. They look the part, but as far as performance, I have yet to be impressed.[/QUOTE]

Well, I did demo a $2500 Yamaha sound bar and thought it was pretty awesome. But, I would not buy one. I still like having an actual receiver and speakers of my choice.

I an guessing the ~$300 models that the retail stores sell would be nice for a smaller room/condo/apartment?

well im not into the whole 2500 price range...more around the 200-250 range. I no its not the best, or even good choice for a sound system but its for my room which doesnt have too much space. I was just wondering what kind of specs i would look for. im a noob when it comes to sound systems.

Skip the soundbar and get a decent receiver and pair of speakers (doesn't have to cost a fortune). You'll get much better sound quality, and you can add additional speakers later for a complete system.

Sears has a Sharp soundbar on clearance. I don't have a model #, but just check around electronics. I think someone in the Sears thread said they picked one up for $50. It has speakers by Koss on it.

bread's done
Back