South Bay Wii's (Trying to find one)

[quote name='Popnmusic']Wii's are still very very hard to find. Have you tried itrackr? Thats how I was able to get mine last january.[/quote]
Too bad I can't use my credit card anymore, it expired. And my parents don't trust me with their credit card or wiring my bank account to my paypal.

Wow. It actually helped? The few times I have found it indicate stock, I've shown up to empty shelves :)

Oh well. In any case, I've been checking stores a couple times of week since launch and have yet to see one in San Jose.

[quote name='Popnmusic']Wii's are still very very hard to find. Have you tried itrackr? Thats how I was able to get mine last january.[/QUOTE]

Little bit of a drive, but Best Buy in Sacramento (Arden) had them today. My first time seeing them on shelves. Still had about 20 in stock at 1:00.

The key is to go early on Sundays. Check the weekly ads that Speedy posts in the Game Deals forum - if CC or BB or TRU or Target are going to have Wii's on Sunday, get there early (8 or 9am) and you should be good to go. The last 3 weekends, friends have gotten Wiis at various CC and TRU stores in the South Bay and Peninsula (Sunnyvale, East Palo Alto and Redwood City)

I almost did that this past weekend, but was worried there would be so many extra folks out because of Pokemon that it wouldn't even be worth trying.

The big problem for me though is that I am NOT a morning person and none of the stores are really all that close. I tried this once and failed and decided I would never again get up early just to waste an hour of time. It's good advice for some--and I appreciate it--but it just isn't practical for me :) What burns me is that stores hold their stock back. I was talking to a guy at Target today and he was saying they ALWAYS hold back their stock for Sunday, even on all the non-advertised weeks. Sigh!

[quote name='vgossain']The key is to go early on Sundays. Check the weekly ads that Speedy posts in the Game Deals forum - if CC or BB or TRU or Target are going to have Wii's on Sunday, get there early (8 or 9am) and you should be good to go. The last 3 weekends, friends have gotten Wiis at various CC and TRU stores in the South Bay and Peninsula (Sunnyvale, East Palo Alto and Redwood City)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BrerDan']I almost did that this past weekend, but was worried there would be so many extra folks out because of Pokemon that it wouldn't even be worth trying.

The big problem for me though is that I am NOT a morning person and none of the stores are really all that close. I tried this once and failed and decided I would never again get up early just to waste an hour of time. It's good advice for some--and I appreciate it--but it just isn't practical for me :) What burns me is that stores hold their stock back. I was talking to a guy at Target today and he was saying they ALWAYS hold back their stock for Sunday, even on all the non-advertised weeks. Sigh![/QUOTE]

Then you should do what one friend did - have one of his friends, who is a morning person, wait in line to get one and just buy him lunch ;)

I waited in line at CC on Steven's Creek this past Sunday since 4 in the morning for one. That is probably your best bet at getting one anytime soon......or just Ebay it.

I like this idea!!! I tried that with my bf last weekend, but it didn't work. He was up in time, but didn't want to have to hop in his car.

The good thing is that I accept the fact that I am having to wait because of my own laziness. I'm *choosing* sleep over getting one with the knowledge that *eventually* they'll be easy to get. But I'm definitely ready for it! I already own Zelda, Raving Rabbids, and Wii Play!

[quote name='vgossain']Then you should do what one friend did - have one of his friends, who is a morning person, wait in line to get one and just buy him lunch ;)[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back