South Park: The Stick of Truth Grand Wizard Edition - PlayStation 3 Collectors Edition

ummm it does have a time tracker but I had to play through twice. I think 15 hours on my first, probly 10 on my second. I did everything both times, but there are multi choices you have to take so 2 playthroughs is kinda needed. I didn't use a guide my first time anyway and only missed a few friends (yates/bishop) and only missed 1 item (knight's item in final base). I also had to beat game with hoff/grrl/aids, but that was a quickie. I'd say 25 hours for the plat, but I sure took my time and didn't use a guide. I really loved the game tho, played as thief and jew ;)
cool. im recording the playthrough and when you have to choose side for the school thing i saved before so i recorded one video for the "K" side and then i recorded another video fot the "C" side... i have been playing the game for around 10 hours. so bad that i almost finish but its an amazing game... lots and lots of epic moments in this game =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKTp4xZE0y4

I knew I should have ordered the collectors edition when I had the chance. I figured this game wouldn't sell as well as it did. Hopefully I can find one lying around somewhere.

Seems like a relatively fair price for a CE. Those 6 inch tall Kid Robot figures are usually 50 bucks in stores (though kidrobot does once in a while have sale for like 40% or 25% off). I was going to wait to see if it dropped in price, but I wanted to add the figure next to my Zoidberg, Zombie Bart and all the rest I've picked up over the years.

I knew I should have ordered the collectors edition when I had the chance. I figured this game wouldn't sell as well as it did. Hopefully I can find one lying around somewhere.
I had it ordered for $60 from the Target.com price error a few months back but cancelled it when game was delayed again. Didn't want the money tied up for it to maybe get delayed again.

I think I'm just going to hold out for a sale/price drop now.

Just thought about this today... since I'm not an avid South Park follower and only watch episodes sporadically, is there a specific season the game is based on? I plan on getting the game at some point and want to make sure I'm sort of 'up to date' on the show/game, with all of the puns and what not.

Aaaannd...looks like it's gone. Mine already changed from "not yet shipped" to "preparing shipment". Hope it gets to me fast and more importantly safe! =)
I'm amazed you made it that far. I can't remember the last time I bought anything from GH that actually shipped (through Amazon or their website).

Just thought about this today... since I'm not an avid South Park follower and only watch episodes sporadically, is there a specific season the game is based on? I plan on getting the game at some point and want to make sure I'm sort of 'up to date' on the show/game, with all of the puns and what not.
It sort of follows after (or during) the 3 part Black Friday episode from last season, but you don't need to see those episodes. It has tons of references to all of the seasons.

As others have said this contains references throughout South Parks run, but it does focus more of season 17 as its a continuation of "Black Friday" through "Titties and Dragons." You really don't need to catch up per se but I highly recommend that you watch those episodes from season 17.

It sells out a few days before release and suddenly people are interested in it? It sat for months and no one cares, but the moment it sells out...

It sells out a few days before release and suddenly people are interested in it? It sat for months and no one cares, but the moment it sells out...
Welcome to the new CAG.... now with 1000% more ebay flippers! You must be new here?

As others have said this contains references throughout South Parks run, but it does focus more of season 17 as its a continuation of "Black Friday" through "Titties and Dragons." You really don't need to catch up per se but I highly recommend that you watch those episodes from season 17.

Perfect. Thank you very much! I used to follow the show years a go, even own some of the original seasons on DVD. Now after 57 seasons, I kinda of grew out of it or maybe it just got too stale for me. Some of the newer humor and now the game has me interested again. Or maybe Family Guy trumped SP for me, since in its heyday it was much more in your face than SP was.

CAG circle jerk, where people are here because of hype and to 'make money', not because they're actually interested in said game.

Welcome to the new CAG.... now with 1000% more ebay flippers! You must be new here?
Wow what timing. I was just relying to them as well, submitted my post, and saw your reply.

I've advocated the banning of said talk countless times. No idea why flipping talk is even allowed.

GoHastings actually has my copy "shipped" along with a tracking number. I don't know how reliable it is but it has my hopes up! 

Caved in and bought a 360 copy. Amazon has them up for pre-order again. Expected to be in stock on the 19th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a kidrobot collector. I have the 3" cartman I didn't realize the collector's edition was a 6". Kidrobot stuff is ALWAYS awesome. Make sure to hold onto that if you guys get one. Kr collector's are crazy. Ebay "wooden bender" or "futurama robot devil" and you'll quickly see why you should keep your figure in tops condition.

I've advocated the banning of said talk countless times. No idea why flipping talk is even allowed.
No offence, but what do you think real world business is? Real estate, stock market, etc. Buy low, sell high. It's essentially flipping. Passing some kind of moral judgment and thumbing your nose at people for it is stupid. Sometimes you're in the right place at the right time, and sometimes you're not. That's life.

And I say this as somebody who got BestBuy to price match Target's $59.99 price for the CE back in October. I opened it up, enjoyed the hell out of the game, and have no intent to sell it. But I'm not going to cry about people seeing an opportunity in a dry market.

Perfect. Thank you very much! I used to follow the show years a go, even own some of the original seasons on DVD. Now after 57 seasons, I kinda of grew out of it or maybe it just got too stale for me. Some of the newer humor and now the game has me interested again. Or maybe Family Guy trumped SP for me, since in its heyday it was much more in your face than SP was.

CAG circle jerk, where people are here because of hype and to 'make money', not because they're actually interested in said game.
Can't be said enough...

I'm surprised this actually was limited. Glad to see these CE/LEs actually being rare again. Would've like to grab this CE but a giant ass Cartman would've looked kind of strange next to the Skyrim dragon.

No offence, but what do you think real world business is? Real estate, stock market, etc. Buy low, sell high. It's essentially flipping. Passing some kind of moral judgment and thumbing your nose at people for it is stupid. Sometimes you're in the right place at the right time, and sometimes you're not. That's life.

And I say this as somebody who got BestBuy to price match Target's $59.99 price for the CE back in October. I opened it up, enjoyed the hell out of the game, and have no intent to sell it. But I'm not going to cry about people seeing an opportunity in a dry market.
Yes, businesses exist to make profits. Playing the stock market, it's a legal form of gambling. Some days you win some days you lose. Now I don't see how this has anything to do with a video game website where people visit to find a deal on a game. This site is a community for members to get together and share their findings on deals, NOT to profit from and earn a living on. This isn't eBay, this isn't slickdeals.

When a member comes here to profit, they often cause the deal to sell out early, get flagged, and also screw other members online and even locally who missed out because some greedy schmuck bought five copies of a game on sale at best buy to flip to gamestop at a profit of $2 per game. So no, I'm not on any 'high horse', I'm calling it as it is. Anyone flipping is a leech and ruins the entire purpose of this website. They only care about themselves and in the end screw everyone else.

REceived my copy from Go HAstings! Not bad...overall happy with how that went. =D
Did your tracking number update at all. It's been four days since it was generated and it still says UPS is waiting for the package and will update when they get it. I e-mailed gohastings and they just said they shipped it and if it isn't there by the 25th I should contact.

I should've cancelled when Amazon themself got them back instead of just keeping the gohastings amazon order.

Just made out like a bandit last night @ Best Buy and wanted to give anyone else with these circumstances a heads up(didn't think it warrented a whole new thread)....... I preordered in store @ BBY when Target had the collector's edition for $59.99 back in October....and had it shipped to me and received it on release day(3/3)......last night I went in explained to them that between me purchasing the item and it being released the terms of the GCU program had changed and since I was charged for the game on 3/3, would they price adjust it for me......the young lady was all about it.....she even had to get an override and he was all for it as well.....I got $64.19 back on my CC, it rang up for 47.99(after the override, because it rerang up for $79.99), then I used a $25 RZ cert on it($20 of which I got for SP:THOT) and my final cost was $24.60 on a gift card I had in my wallet.........Obviously the last part is YMMV dependant on if you've got the RZ points already.......

Just made out like a bandit last night @ Best Buy and wanted to give anyone else with these circumstances a heads up(didn't think it warrented a whole new thread)....... I preordered in store @ BBY when Target had the collector's edition for $59.99 back in October....and had it shipped to me and received it on release day(3/3)......last night I went in explained to them that between me purchasing the item and it being released the terms of the GCU program had changed and since I was charged for the game on 3/3, would they price adjust it for me......the young lady was all about it.....she even had to get an override and he was all for it as well.....I got $64.19 back on my CC, it rang up for 47.99(after the override, because it rerang up for $79.99), then I used a $25 RZ cert on it($20 of which I got for SP:THOT) and my final cost was $24.60 on a gift card I had in my wallet.........Obviously the last part is YMMV dependant on if you've got the RZ points already.......
I have no idea what you're saying. You pre-ordered the game during the price match AND got your $20 RZ certificate for pre-ordering...but you still went in to complain? Are you saying you made them think you didn't get that $20...and then got them to adjust the price to account for the new GCU perks? (though I can't figure out how that would total a $32 override)

Back in stock for PC...ordered one but decided against it and canceled. I wouldnt want the figure and it seems more and more of these are coming back in stock.

Preordered from Gamestop.

Used code LUCKY10 to get 10% off.
Tried code SAVER as well for free shipping but didn't/wouldn't stack.

Total was 80.02 shipped.

EDIT: I'm cancelling..... $80 is too mich for a game and figure is gonna collect dust or be in the box. I wish I'd kept my $60 preorder now. Oh well.

Preordered from Gamestop.

Used code LUCKY10 to get 10% off.
Tried code SAVER as well for free shipping but didn't/wouldn't stack.

Total was 80.02 shipped.

EDIT: I'm cancelling..... $80 is too mich for a game and figure is gonna collect dust or be in the box. I wish I'd kept my $60 preorder now. Oh well.
Hah yeah I thought the same when I preordered the PC version...then thought well I could sell the figure but its only going for about $50 on ebay now so maybe $40 after fees and shipping. Ill have paid $40 for the game essentially when itll be probably $10 in a couple months (on PC anyways)...I really want the game but ill hold off...maybe someone who really wants the figure will grab em.

I have no idea what you're saying. You pre-ordered the game during the price match AND got your $20 RZ certificate for pre-ordering...but you still went in to complain? Are you saying you made them think you didn't get that $20...and then got them to adjust the price to account for the new GCU perks? (though I can't figure out how that would total a $32 override)
Glad it wasn't just me, couldn't decipher his post for the life of me. Sounds like he pulled a scam but who knows?

Did your tracking number update at all. It's been four days since it was generated and it still says UPS is waiting for the package and will update when they get it. I e-mailed gohastings and they just said they shipped it and if it isn't there by the 25th I should contact.

I should've cancelled when Amazon themself got them back instead of just keeping the gohastings amazon order.
Yup it did. The moment it showed shipped, I was able to monitor where it was based off of the tracking. I'm thinking it might be something wrong with just the tracking number but they actually did ship. Can you post here what it says when you look up the number?

Glad it wasn't just me, couldn't decipher his post for the life of me. Sounds like he pulled a scam but who knows?
No Scam.....I actually went in to change my payment source from my CC to the gift card I had....and I asked them about my GCU 20% discount.....when she returned it it rang back up @ $79.99 and she overrode it back to the $59.99 I purchased it @ and then took off the $12 for GCU, for a total of $32 off, and then I had the cert for preordering already so I used it to take another $20 off(actually had enough for $25) but from other points......final cost OOP $22.99 + tax on a GC not my CC

No Scam.....I actually went in to change my payment source from my CC to the gift card I had....and I asked them about my GCU 20% discount.....when she returned it it rang back up @ $79.99 and she overrode it back to the $59.99 I purchased it @ and then took off the $12 for GCU, for a total of $32 off, and then I had the cert for preordering already so I used it to take another $20 off(actually had enough for $25) but from other points......final cost OOP $22.99 + tax on a GC not my CC
If you returned it and didn't get a price adjustment, they'll deduct the $20 worth of points from your account.

If you returned it and didn't get a price adjustment, they'll deduct the $20 worth of points from your account.
^ I was about to point that out.

His $20 (1,000) in RZ points was tied to that unique preorder transaction. It sound like she she did a return/rebuy so as soon as she returned the item the as far as Best Buy is concerned you lose those points. If you already cashed them into a certificate you'll have a negative balance. When you purchased the game so she could do the price adjustment it was no longer a preorder and not eligible for extra points so you'll only earn the base points.

It's my understanding that in situations like this you have to do a price adjustment off the original transaction.

bread's done
Back