Space Invaders Extreme 2 coming September 30th, 2009?

the 1st game on DS is kickass. I heard they so rush put 2nd game on xbox live and it not good as the 1st game. hope they fix it b4 release on DS version :)

I think the first one was enough for me. It always kicked my ass. I'm not sure if I wanna pay to get my ass handed to me again.

I heard it's a bit easier this time (if you look at the above video, this is the game's Stage 5-D; even those damnedable "lol we're going for the bottom" invaders aren't going so balls fast even when they're the last ones in the formation) but the Extreme Mode is going to steamroll you, especially now that it has branching paths and new enemies not seen in the normal mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it more disappointing that there isn't a soundtrack made for this, even though the first game got the Audio Cluster OST.

A friend let me play his import copy.

There's one thing to say in comparison to the first game:

They were holding back. This time, they really fucking mean it.

The 5-D boss lasts as long as a normal stage!

Anybody who's worth a damn in playing the first game (i.e. constant Fever Times) will actually beat every Normal stage quite smoothly.

And for those who hate the new announcer, he's NOT annoying at all. He only speaks up when you start/fail Fever Times, Bingo/Two Lines/Full House Fever, and intro/victory versus a boss.

One BIG thing about this game is that it's actually easier.
You cannon does not level down and if you lose all your stock at a boss, you only restart at the boss, not the entire stage!
However, don't let that deter you: Stage Mode and Ranking Mode still require you to not lose all your stock or you really get a game over. And Extreme difficulty brings in even more invader types not seen in Normal.

What also makes the game easier is that the game no longer discriminates invader shapes when going for Rounds and Fevers. All you need are the colors, although you're going to see the same 9 Rounds more often. =\ The game also seems to pick up on what weapon you had when you started or ended the Round with so you can actually have more frequent Laser-based Fever Times (very rare to get in the first game) and even a Shield-based Fever time, which is the only time the old Multiplayer power-up comes back. And since it's a Shield Fever, you cannot lose your stock for any reason.

There's a Roulette here but it's different. All those effects you could have from a Roulette are now based on black-colored invaders, which are much more abundant in appearance this time. Black/Blue for Freeze, Black/Red for Change to UFO, and the incredibly awesome Black/Green summons the Roulette UFO for your chance to get an Extra Life. EVERY time with Black/Green, even within the same formation if you so choose. And Black/Green invaders show up frequently later on. If you manage to get a Roulette at the very end of the stage, a red invader takes up one slot for a shot at a 300,000-point bonus towards leveling up your cannon or just go for the usual extra life.

The music kicks ass, just as good or better than the first game's.

Ask me anything. I will answer one thing you're all thinking:

Day one. For sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of getting this, but that moe-themed stage so nauseating (the music, the character, and her voice) that it's making this a no sale for me. But if that's the only level like that, I might still consider getting it.

It's not only the only level like that, it's the HARDEST level on both difficulties.

And if you can't stand her voice, then stay away from Extreme Stage 5-C.

bread's done
Back