Spaced: The Complete Series 29.25 at Best Buy B&M

DrAndonuts

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up that Spaced was market as 29.25 at my local Best Buy today, instead of the advertised 39.99 in the ad. So, this makes it a must buy, and you need to drop what your doing and go get it.

Proofsies:

img0102cc0.jpg

(Sorry if pic is bad)

I'd pick it up but I have the UK import and it looks like exactly the same set. I wonder if this has a chance of ever making it to Blu-Ray.

I'm prolly gonna go pick it up too... but it was advertised as 40 bucks... hopefully it's 30 at the ones around here too

They did something like this when Blade: The Series launched at BB. It was $14.99 in-store, though was $29.99 in the ad, or something like it. Went along that way for a week or so.

Hopefully this will be the case when I make it over to BB, as I'd love to use my $10 RZ cert on it. :D

[quote name='graf1k']I'd pick it up but I have the UK import and it looks like exactly the same set. I wonder if this has a chance of ever making it to Blu-Ray.[/quote]

All I know about it is that it has both the original commentary tracks and new tracks recorded with Wright/Pegg/etc. and fans of the show, including people such as Quentin Tarantino, Patton Oswalt, and Diablo Cody. Aside from these new commentaries, it probably is the same.

[quote name='graf1k']I wonder if this has a chance of ever making it to Blu-Ray.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was filmed in SD on tape with a Digital Betacam. :cry:

I got mine for 29.25 earlier today. Tagged at that price, rang up at 39.99. Manager said it was the third one she'd changed already and I went in around noon.

I'd love to pick it up as I loved Hot Fuzz but $30 for only 14 half-hour (or less since there are no commercials) episodes doesn't justify a buy for me. Thanks though.

The BB by me had none in stock. And when I checked online 5 out of the 6 stores closet to me had none in stock. I haven't shopped much at BB lately but I remembered the one time I went for a new release box set the had none in stock. Employees are too lazy to put them out or there just not order any many copies as they used too.

I did noticed 50 copies of the movie 21 though. I picked up the second to last copy or Robot Chicken season 1 and the last copy of Season 2. I had a 5 rewards zone cert. so came out to 25 before tax which wasn't bad.

As I'm writing this I just checked Amazon and its sold out there I guess noone realized how popular this set would be.

[quote name='Sporadic']Nope, it was filmed in SD on tape with a Digital Betacam. :cry:[/quote]
Wouldn't benefit from BD but it could be, and should still be released on BD.

Damn. That is a sweet price. My Best Buy had it at $40 which I paid for yesterday. I'm half tempted to try and check there again tomorrow morning to see if I can get it price adjusted, but if it isn't marked differently I'm probably not even going to bother asking a manager.

I'm sort of curious if this is a misprint on the sticker price (i.e. that the cashier had to do a manual override like one of the above posters) or a regional deal (I'm guessing a misprint on the stickers).

At $30 no one should pass up this awesome show. And as someone else mentioned, I don't think a hi-def disc will do much for the show considering how it was shot.

[quote name='josh_animebum']Damn. That is a sweet price. My Best Buy had it at $40 which I paid for yesterday. I'm half tempted to try and check there again tomorrow morning to see if I can get it price adjusted, but if it isn't marked differently I'm probably not even going to bother asking a manager.

I'm sort of curious if this is a misprint on the sticker price (i.e. that the cashier had to do a manual override like one of the above posters) or a regional deal (I'm guessing a misprint on the stickers).

At $30 no one should pass up this awesome show. And as someone else mentioned, I don't think a hi-def disc will do much for the show considering how it was shot.[/quote]
my BB refuses the price adjust, so good luck

[quote name='dallow']Wouldn't benefit from BD but it could be, and should still be released on BD.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I just can't make myself buy DVDs anymore, no matter how much I love the show in question.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Agreed. I just can't make myself buy DVDs anymore, no matter how much I love the show in question.[/quote]
Yup, that's how I feel with all new releases.

[quote name='DestroVega']is this show even shot in widescreen?[/quote]

I'm not sure if it was filmed in fullframe and then matted or filmed in widescreen to begin with, but the original aspect ratio of the show is widescreen.

Just picked mine up. Rang up for $39.99 but stickered as $29.25. Got the override just fine. Great show, and as for the ratio, it takes up the entire screen on my widescreen.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Agreed. I just can't make myself buy DVDs anymore, no matter how much I love the show in question.[/QUOTE]

this

But I can make an exception for Spaced

I was in best buy yesterdey and it was marked at 39. I would have grabbed it for 29. I have the uk edition. Does anyone know if the quality is better or if they changed the music in it at all?

No Best Buys in my area even have it. The shelf space is there with the 39.99 sticker, but they are all sold out. I even had one of the reps check every store in the whole general area and he said they were all sold out. Not having much luck.

I may just order it from the website.

[quote name='XorpheusX']All I know about it is that it has both the original commentary tracks and new tracks recorded with Wright/Pegg/etc. and fans of the show, including people such as Quentin Tarantino, Patton Oswalt, and Diablo Cody. Aside from these new commentaries, it probably is the same.[/quote]

That's cool and all but I think for just new commentaries I'll save my $30 for now.

the only best buy that has it in stock is pretty far from me now... I don't know if it's worth the drive with gas prices... I can pick it up around me for the 40 bucks and save 2 gallons of gas... it breaks even.

No luck at my BB, Tempe AZ, it was still $39.99, however I had them match the Target.com (aka amazon.com) price of $34.99, which is something.

My Best Buy (E. Colonial, Orlando, FL) didn't get them in for Tuesday. I went in today, and the guy was just unpacking them onto the shelf. Unfortunately, they were stickered 39.99.

In another odd pricing mistake, their feature wall has the Birds of Prey listed at $34.99...but stickers on some of the sets say $25.49.

bread's done
Back