special edition controllers... WTF?!

Well the fighting games sorta needed a better fighting style controller (better d-pad). The other ones.. well if they can cash in, why not. And as asinine as that PS2 berserker controller is.. I'm about ready to order one because it is sorta cool.

Those DOA ones are laid out the exact same as the S controllers. Looking at the buttons and sticks, they llook just like the MS one. I rarely go for 3rd party stuff, but I might have to check these out.

[quote name='AGuth']Those DOA ones are laid out the exact same as the S controllers. Looking at the buttons and sticks, they llook just like the MS one. I rarely go for 3rd party stuff, but I might have to check these out.[/quote]

If the controller doesn't give you any advantage (wireless, macros, turbo, different button lay-outs).. don't buy a third-party. They never are as good as, or last as long as a first party. A nifty paint job isn't worth it.

damn street fighter controllers got pushed back yet again... made by nubytech. anyone heard of these guys? i usually go for official stuff only (or sometimes logitech), but i'm a sucker for street fighter memorabilia, and this is sorta close to official.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Uh, where's my Akuma controller?[/quote]

i dont think akuma is comming to the US anymore... i cant find it listed ANYWHERE! ERRRRR...

are you sure akuma isn't coming to america?

http://www.streetfightercontroller.com

udon, the studio doing the art for these things, is based in north america. haven't heard of nubytech really, but aren't they based out of north america too? wouldn't these have been out in japan already? all i can find on the net are pre-orders.

by the way, for anyone that hasn't really checked out the site, you can move the cursor up and down over the central image and see the animation that shows up on the actual controller. they have one of those uh... moving picture thingys. i forget what they're called, but it's a big trading card gimmick.

if u click where to buy... u will see that some places carry it and some dont.... dont take my word for it but they may be imports or something... idk

stealthy seal, have you pre-ordered any yet? i haven't yet, but i'm interested in any of these... in the case that you dislike the controllers, would you be down to trade this way? haha

I tired these pads out at the SDCC and I liked them.

Reminded me of the Dreamcast ASCII pad, which is a great thing.

Those Gemini Brand controllers (the last three listed) really make me want to go back to 1983 and find my collection of Madballs.

myke.

I am kinda puzzled as to all these special edition controllers. It seems Nuby Tech is the only company making these controllers, and a lot of them too...I dont think any of these controllers are worth it except for the Street Fighter ones.

The Naki universal soul Calibur stick was great, it looks cool too. They know that gamers are starting to be like the PC guys and "bling" out their console. So they create stuff like this so your game set up looks cooler then your friends.

I kind of like those freak controllers. I doubt they'd be worth using, but they look cool. Are teh Street Fighter controllers worthwhile?

I'm a believer that 3rd party controllers are usually crap. I've had a couple of friends get them and I avoided playing games at their place because of it.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']I kind of like those freak controllers. I doubt they'd be worth using, but they look cool. Are teh Street Fighter controllers worthwhile?

I'm a believer that 3rd party controllers are usually crap. I've had a couple of friends get them and I avoided playing games at their place because of it.[/quote]

As i mentioned upthread, my limited experience with the SF controllers makes me think that they're worthwhile.

All the Nuby controllers can be found here:

http://www.hotgamestuff.com

Nubytech.com is the company's home page, but nothing's there to see really.

The Akuma controller is exclusive to Blockbuster, saw that news in a press release. Or you can buy it off the website above, and with the low, low shipping of about $10, you can get the controller for $35!!!

... or not.

[quote name='kristianator']by the way, for anyone that hasn't really checked out the site, you can move the cursor up and down over the central image and see the animation that shows up on the actual controller. they have one of those uh... moving picture thingys. i forget what they're called, but it's a big trading card gimmick.[/quote]

Those "moving-picture" things are called holograms btw.

I saw the Ryu and Akuma controllers at a local game store. They were the Japanese editions I believe and they came in a nice window box with a cover flap. Too bad they are not releasing these controllers for the Xbox.

i thought holograms were flat-surfaced and merely gave a 3d image. i think there's gotta be another word for these things...

[quote name='kristianator']i thought holograms were flat-surfaced and merely gave a 3d image. i think there's gotta be another word for these things...[/quote]

maybe he means those "motion" cards that move when you rock them back and forth and the surface goes zip...zip..zip when you scrath the face ot it.

The Incredible Hulk:

Hulkpad.jpg

bread's done
Back