Special Gold DS w/ Zelda Bundle.

Volden

CAG Veteran
Anyone seen/heard about this?

I work at a retail store, and have seen it in our system (NDS Gold Zelda Bundle)

Listed as $150.

We had one coming in to our store, so I put an order in for another (for myself).

Haven't seen anything come in yet, or seen anything online about them.

EDIT: Just found this pic online, looks very nice (though the image is hard to see the gold color).
Nice little Tri-Force symbol on the corner - WANT!

www.joystiq.com/photos/zelda-phantom-hourglass-launch/419981

Street date was 10/02/2007

But they are currently on backorder, apparently.

I've seen it in the system for a few weeks now, really hoping we see these soon because its driving me crazy. I won't let myself buy the game yet.

Apparently a few other stores like gamestop have had their employees posting online after seeing them in their systems, so theres got to be something to it.

Theres even a big promo display saying "New color ds coming Oct 07".

[quote name='Volden']Street date was 10/02/2007

Theres even a big promo display saying "New color ds coming Oct 07".[/QUOTE]

I saw a sign at Toys r Us that said the same thing, except it had a picture of the Brainage red/black DS.

[quote name='Quarkus']I saw a sign at Toys r Us that said the same thing, except it had a picture of the Brainage red/black DS.[/quote]Yeah, I thought it was just that the Red / Black DS was now being sold separately.

Though I've been eyeing a new DS since my R button is flaking out a bit. If this materialized and looked good, I might jump at it.

Why are Zelda edition game boy/ds systems always gold? The tri-force barely even shows up in Phantom Hourglass; a green ds would make much more sense, especially considering the relative rarity of that color. The fact that there hasn't been a regular release green since "kiwi" from the GBC series is just absurd

I thought that Plum color was odd for the GBC.

I'd bite on a gold DSL if it looked nice.

The one I bought from a friend has so many damned scratched on the back of the case, it kinda bugs me. :oops:

Odds are I would bite on this if it exists. Not sure the likelihood of getting a more vibrant color based on what they've released so far in other regions.

I'm pretty sure this is going to be a legit bundle, but I think Nintendo may have just put off the orders for a little closer to Christmas. After all, like someone said, they did JUST release the Brain Age 2 bundle.

Oh wells, I'll keep checking the system daily and report back if I see anything interesting.

-dave

I like the gold, reminds me of the old NES Zelda game that were gold as well. I was kinda hoping they would do the same for DS Zelda cards, but oh well.

[quote name='Yertle']Why are Zelda edition game boy/ds systems always gold? The tri-force barely even shows up in Phantom Hourglass; a green ds would make much more sense, especially considering the relative rarity of that color. The fact that there hasn't been a regular release green since "kiwi" from the GBC series is just absurd[/quote]

If they released that color for the DS I would buy it in a minute. I know someone who bought that GBC just for the color, he didn't really play that many games.

Hard to really tell from the pic there but it could be noice. Looks like a subtle triforce symbol which is alright.

Any special zelda edition must be gold due to the gold cart history from the NES days. Works for me anyway.

problem is gold done in plastic never comes off right unless they do some kind of highly reflective almost chrome finish , which they won't if the pic is any indication. Besides I remember several of the games that didn't have a gold cart.

i really wonder how available the gold ds lite will be. i mean it's in one of the nintendo museum displays, even that "king of games" t-shirt was $50 at nintendo world.

[quote name='PhoenixT']problem is gold done in plastic never comes off right unless they do some kind of highly reflective almost chrome finish , which they won't if the pic is any indication. Besides I remember several of the games that didn't have a gold cart.[/quote]Zelda 1 & 2 with the gold carts look great.

Even today.

[quote name='Kendro']That picture in the OP is of the gold DS Lite from Nintendo World in NYC. I don't think it will be sold in stores ever. It is no different than this gold GBA SP with the Zelda logo.

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/zelda-phantom-hourglass-launch/419976/

More pics of the special gadgets at Nintendo World.

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/zelda-phantom-hourglass-launch/[/quote]i have the gold GBA SP with the hyrulian emblem, but mine is not one of the miyamoto signed ones given at the grand opening

[quote name='Yertle']Why are Zelda edition game boy/ds systems always gold? The tri-force barely even shows up in Phantom Hourglass; a green ds would make much more sense, especially considering the relative rarity of that color. The fact that there hasn't been a regular release green since "kiwi" from the GBC series is just absurd[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing after I saw the picture. A forest green DS, with a foil-gold triforce would look great. That combination would probably justify a 5th DS purchase.

[quote name='banpeikun']you can still buy that zelda SP on amazon UK marketplace:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...3931786-2926200?ie=UTF8&qid=1191611458&sr=1-5

£44.95 for used system-only or £95.66 for a brand new one![/QUOTE]

that "new" one sounds used...

Seller: tom-lowe
Rating:100% positive over the past 12 months (3 ratings.) 3 lifetime ratings.
Delivery: In stock. Dispatched from United Kingdom See delivery rates
Comments: Item is 100% complete and in perfect condition, note item has been checked and contains no dead pixels.

People don't break factory seals just for the sake of checking the item for pixel problems. That lowers value. They say they've done that if the product has already been opened/used.

Then the used ones don't even come with the game, box, and one is scratched up.

well, the zelda GBA bundle didn't come factory "sealed" with shrink wrap or the big sticker or anything, which is the same with all the other import Nintendo systems I've gotten (1 GBA micro, 2 GBA SP, 2 DS, 3 DS lite)

Make a friend in Europe if you really want the Zelda GBA SP bundle, I saw tons of them in a Karstadt in Münster while I was in Germany this summer. Would have considered picking one up too if I hadn't been low on funds, what with the euro raping the dollar right now.

I am new to the DS world and I am thinking about getting one since Zelda PH came out. Is it looking like there is any chance of this gold DS being released?

I would think this would be a black friday special or something.

If this item/bundle actually does ever come out, it will be exactly what I have been waiting for to upgrade from my DS phat.

I'd think it's looking pretty unlikely to come out in the US. I'd have thought they'd have wanted it out at the launch of the game.

But I guess it could be a Black Friday/Holiday bundle since they don't have another system seller DS game coming out this year.

it's definitly awsome. but if they do have a zelda specific ds i bet it will be far more lame. i think i've seen one. it was just a white one with a triforce on the back or something like that.

[quote name='banpeikun']the bundle wouldn't drop the price of zelda, all the ds bundles have been the price of hardware + price of game (no discount)[/QUOTE]

guess so . i kept thinking the age 2 was a 29.99 game instead of a 19.99 game

Still in the system as on order, although the quantity has magically changed from 2 to 3.

Nothing else new to report, hopefully these babies go into transit soon so I can at least find them in the backroom and see what they are.

We generally get this stuff in at least a week early so I'll let you know whats up beforehand.

Cheers.

in another thread today i said id buy another DS if there was a nice LE one. well, turns out thats not true, i dont like the gold.

bread's done
Back