Special Order an Atlus Classic at Game Crazy

Shady3011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (98%)
Just got this e-mail from Atlus. You can put in a special order for an old, hard to find Atlus game at your local Game Crazy. Quantities are limited and not all titles are available. However, this sure as hell beats paying high prices on some of these games.

Too bad I don't have a Game Crazy nearby or else I'd get my rear end over there ASAP.

[quote name='Scorch']arrrrrgghhhhh how many times do i have to tell you guys this..

PS1 GAMES ARE NO LONGER SPECIAL ORDER-ABLE AT GAMECRAZY!!!

The computer still allows you to do it, but you will NOT get a copy of it![/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
*requests Tactics Ogre and Ogre Battle*

They will laugh at me

gamecrazy_persona4_emailblast.jpg

[quote name='GuardianE']Is there a list of games? I got the email, but I can't view it because the image won't come up at work.[/quote]

No real list. Just an image that includes Trauma Center: Under the Knife, Riviera (GBA), Rule of Rose, Growlanser: Generations, Super Robot Tensei: OG, and Lufia (GBA). I'd update the OP if someone can confirm a known list.

I see trauma center 1, rule of rose, riviera for GBA,lufia I think that's it, Growlanser with something underneath it, can't really read it lol, and there's another GBA game I can't make out, sorry

LOL someone posted the pic XD

I would recommend asking for titles that you are pretty sure aren't available. It's possible that they are collecting data as part of this to determine what, if anything, they should reprint.

[quote name='daminion']I would recommend asking for titles that you are pretty sure aren't available. It's possible that they are collecting data as part of this to determine what, if anything, they should reprint.[/QUOTE]

Possibly.. but it seems like the titles are more recent things. I'm guessing they're just trying to dump excess stock.

Gamecrazy has ALWAYS done this. In the past when Gamecrazy's were more prevalent in SoCal, I would go around ordering random rare games. If they showed up, flip them on eBay for a profit. It just depends on people who turn in their very old grails who dont want to waste the time to sell them properly on the secondary market.

[quote name='Hirokun']Gamecrazy has ALWAYS done this. In the past when Gamecrazy's were more prevalent in SoCal, I would go around ordering random rare games. If they showed up, flip them on eBay for a profit. It just depends on people who turn in their very old grails who dont want to waste the time to sell them properly on the secondary market.[/quote]

This is a bit different since it's straight from the distributor and not from a single individual. If anything, they probably should have just dumped them on Amazon.

Gamecrazy has always done special orders for used games, I don't think they did them for new ones however, at least new as in sealed games.

[quote name='Hirokun']Gamecrazy has ALWAYS done this. In the past when Gamecrazy's were more prevalent in SoCal, I would go around ordering random rare games. If they showed up, flip them on eBay for a profit. It just depends on people who turn in their very old grails who dont want to waste the time to sell them properly on the secondary market.[/QUOTE]

What's their "return policy" on special orders that they can't find?

If they somehow can find me Persona 1 or 2, that'd be worth my time. But are they asking you to pay now or just a deposit?

[quote name='B:L']What's their "return policy" on special orders that they can't find?[/quote]

There isnt a return policy, you dont pay them to find the game, if they find it they call you.

I HIGHLY recommend requesting the underrated GBA game Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2. The first was fun to me, but personally I say skip that and just look for SNSS2. The leap in presentation, depth and fun is immense. Sure, it's no Star Ocean or Tales of (insert name here), but I think Flight Plan made a game different and charming enough to stand on its own against those. I loved forging weapons, looking for supplies, battling and of course the end-of-chapter affinity moments. I only wish these two games sold better - the third in the GBA series was wonderful. I imported it and beat it :)

Maybe I'll see if I can try my luck at getting Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon GBA. It's a long shot, but why not? :D

BTW, that's Growlanser: Heritage of War, not Generations. I really see no reason to stop on by, unless I had some extra GC credit and they could find me a complete copy of some of those GBA games.

GC can't special order any older games anymore. The computer allows the clerk to do it, but all stores destroyed inventory, so you'll never get it. Only PS2, XB, GC, GBA, DS, and all of the current systems.

Also, this partnership explains why we got a few new copies of Lufia on GBA in. Expect more paired announcements coming soon, starting with Capcom..

There isnt a return policy, you dont pay them to find the game, if they find it they call you.

You most certainly DO pay them to find the game. It's $6 S&H up front, then the cost of the game when/if it comes in. If they are unable to find the game, the $6 is refunded to you.

[quote name='Scorch']You most certainly DO pay them to find the game. It's $6 S&H up front, then the cost of the game when/if it comes in. If they are unable to find the game, the $6 is refunded to you.[/quote]

How long is the window of time they'll take to look for the game before they decide they can't find it?

I was going to head over to GameCrazy to pick up Persona 4, I'll ask them if they can special order any of the GBA games for me. I wanted to pick up the Summon Night titles.

[quote name='jacknicklson']*requests Tactics Ogre and Ogre Battle*

They will laugh at me

gamecrazy_persona4_emailblast.jpg
[/quote]

Hard to find? Probably. Any worth playing? Aside from Super Robot Taisen, no.

All I need is Persona 1 to complete the collection (I have 2-4). Too bad you can't special order PSX Atlus games ... or can you?

i dont think they will have old ps1 games for special order. I may have to paypal some cash to my cousin VA and stop at the GC near him.
I wouldnt mind trying to find these

Tsugunai
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Double Dragon Advance

[quote name='Maromi']If someone could go to a GameCrazy and ask for some of the more rare Atlus games (Persona 1/2, Tactis Ogre for the GBA, etc.,) and post what they were told, that'd be great. The nearest GameCrazy is a bit of a drive from here.

Also, someone mentioned Summon Night: SS2, but that's still readily available at a cheap price: http://www.amazon.com/Summon-Night-..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1228945307&sr=8-3[/QUOTE]

I'll try to stop by one this weekend and post my findings regarding the GBA stuff. There are two close by to me.

SN:SS2 was $29.99 at launch, too, but I personally believe it's still worth that price. Just my $0.02 cents, of course. Thanks for posting that link!

What are some of the rarer Atlus games? So far I know I'm gonna ask for Cubivore, the first 2 Personas, and probably some other stuff.

:sigh: Very rare games are "blacklisted", meaning you cant order them(from a Gamecrazy employee). As to the person saying it was $6 to order it, No clue what you are talking about. Every Gamecrazy I went to in SoCal did the game ordering business for free. YMMV I guess.

The only thing I'm interested in are some PSone Atlus games like Persona1,2 and maybe even Tail Concerto and Tsugunai: Atonement for the PS2 but according to the previous posts, those games are probably not part of this offer so thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing, Atlus.

Why would Atlus even do this? It's a huge hassle for the consumer, as well as Gamecrazy to make this work. They would have been much better off just using Amazon marketplace and setting up a little storefront to sell whatever they had left and they could have even have had Amazon handle shipping through the Shipped by Amazon program. Heck, Amazon is even their official retail storefront now, so this is doubly stupid.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']How was Lufia GBA? I read some positive things about that game at GameFAQs.[/QUOTE]

One of the worst RPGs I've ever played. Seriously. Avoid like the plague.

This is how special order works; first you request the game and they check a list of games that are unable to be ordered. The list is divided by new or used so you can special order new games. If the game is able to then you paid $5 for the shipping of the game and is refundable at anytime. When the game arrives you get a phone call to pick up the game. You can pay for the game when it arrives or leave a deposit on your account. The special order program is a hit or miss, sometimes you receive a full package (manual, game disc, and box) and at times you don't but most of the time the games come in used. The craziest thing I seen special ordered is a used Steel Battalion with the big controller for the Xbox.
Recently the warehouse shipped out a lot brand new GBA games in which a few were Atlus. I remember buying most of them. If you special order GBA games most of the time is used cart only but you can try and order it and see what you can get just remember the shipping is refundable. You can reorder if you really want to find a new one.

[quote name='integralsmatic']i dont think they will have old ps1 games for special order. I may have to paypal some cash to my cousin VA and stop at the GC near him.
I wouldnt mind trying to find these

Tsugunai
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Double Dragon Advance[/quote]

When you could get a new copy of Nocturne for $24.99 on GameQuest, why the hell would you want to go to GameCrazy?

http://www.gamequestdirect.com/730865530069.html

Use CAG1SHIP to get free air mail delivery (very fast). This is how I got my copy... which I got for my birthday a few days ago: ) HIGHLY recommended game.

You can also get it for $27.99 + shipping at FamilyVideo.com.

[quote name='Vegan']Haha the only Gamecrazy in LA is in a part of town I wouldn't be too keen on going to.[/QUOTE]

Not true, there is one in La Verne, perfectly nice neighborhood. If anyone would compile a list of worth while games, id go look and let you guys know what the clerks say.

What I did was just type atlus into amazon and then search by highest price.
In this order:
Nocturne: 100.00
tactics ogre (ps1): 100.00
persona: 89.00
zoids assault
brigandine

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']whatever you guys do, dont get growlanser. :|[/quote]

Plus I still see Growlanser in-stock at my local Gamestops, and a couple of the other titles pictured are readily available used. This whole thing really doesn't make sense for Atlus, this has got to be some Gamecrazy ploy to get rid of lingering stock or something.

[quote name='cokpendejo']What I did was just type atlus into amazon and then search by highest price.
In this order:
zoids assault
brigandine[/quote]
I see nocturne for $45 on amazon. >_> And there are a couple places that sell it for cheaper.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']whatever you guys do, dont get growlanser. :|[/QUOTE]
Seconded. That game really sucks compared to Growlanser: Generations.

[quote name='mxpowar']Seconded. That game really sucks compared to Growlanser: Generations.[/quote]

whats the difference between generation and the latest one

[quote name='cokpendejo']What I did was just type atlus into amazon and then search by highest price.
In this order:
zoids assault
brigandine[/QUOTE]

Whenever you do a search like this on Amazon and see something really high, do a search for that specific item afterward. Sometimes there are multiple listings for things. Like Nocturne. And Zoids Assault.

[quote name='kazunori']How long is the window of time they'll take to look for the game before they decide they can't find it?[/QUOTE]

2 weeks is usually the minimum time, they usually keep searching until you tell them to stop.

And I just told you guys, you can NOT special order older gen stuff anymore.

As to the person saying it was $6 to order it, No clue what you are talking about. Every Gamecrazy I went to in SoCal did the game ordering business for free. YMMV I guess.

There's a difference between WISHLISTING (giving you a call if one comes in) and SPECIAL ORDERING (actively searching every store around the nation). If they flag your account, it's free. If they special order it, the computer automatically charges the shipping and handling, it's not possible for them to do it for free. There's so many stores in the SoCal area that they can just call around and find what they need, no need to bother with special ordering in that district. For others, GameCrazy stores aren't so plentiful, and special ordering is needed to get the title.

Yes, you can special order new games, but they aren't as common. Yes, GC just did receive a bunch of new GBA games, some of which were Atlus games, including Lufia. If you order a used game, there is no way to guarantee that you'll get one with the box and instructions, but from my experience, when they call, they will ask if the game is complete with the box and instructions.. if it's not, special orders will usually try to find another store that has it complete.

bread's done
Back