Specific Walmarts where 360s kiosks are at(updated)

The EB in Kenwood Town Centre has a kiosk. Kameo is everything I had hoped for and is greatly improved over the previous demo I had played on the original Xbox. Call of Duty 2 looked pretty good as well and I was impressed how the computer AI actually made it feel like you were playing a multiplayer game in story mode. It's very immersive.

The controller is already my favorite controller ever. It seems better contoured than the Controller-S and the shoulder buttons are very nice. However, I didn't like the default set up on Call Of Duty of having grenades on the right shoulder button and firing your weapon with the right trigger. I just have the Halo controls engrained in my brain to much and it doesn't feel natural to have both grenades and guns on the same side of the controller.

The only thing that was somewhat dissapointing to me was the chrome colored tray door. It looked kind of cheap to me, but I've never been into the whole chrome scene, so maybe it's just me. I would've preferred a more neutral gray or something.

None near me unfortunately. No biggie though cause I'll be waiting anyway. I wouldn't mind trying it out though. Seems like there are alot of college towns on that list. Nice strategic move there MS/Walmart. ;)

Akron Ohio Walmart's got the kiosk.

I would go as far as to say that the 360 controller is the most comfortable controller ever.

Got to try it out at the Wal-Mart in Villa Park, IL. I am very impressed with all three playable demos. Kameo was my fav. demo though. Can't wait till this thing finally comes out.

Btw my neck is still killing me from how I had to look so high up at that dam flat panel tv. hahah

Jackson, MI has it.

Pretty much agree with above. Kameo seems cool, but didn't get enough time to really form a 100% opinion. If this thing is 2 player co-op on LIVE like I've read, it'll be a blast. CoD2 rocked straight out of the gate. Neither one are total system sellers for me though. There's a PGR3 video, but no playable.... :(

Controller was a little hard for me to get a feel of, having to stand holding it down by my nuts while I arched half way over backward to look at the monitor up there on the ceiling...

Add Florence KY to the list, only got to play a little bit of COD but it looked and played pretty good. It's on my list of games to get now.

I'm going back later today or tomorrow and play for awhile when I'm not in a hurry.

Simi Valley, CA has one running. Wireless controller as well.

Also, did anyone notice the Memory Card slot on the controller display? Looks like if you put you're memory card in you get 'bonus content'? Anyone try this?

DAMN, just went to my Walmart yesterday (Florence KY) and played COD2 for a couple minutes but had to leave. I went back today and they had it turned off! I went to the cashier and asked her if she would turn it on so I could play it and she said no it's broken and she wasn't not allowed to turn it on. I asked if she would open the case and let me look at a game and let ME turn it on while she wasn't looking. LOL she just stared at me blankly..... I saw someone else scanning prices in the department so I tried again and they said that they'd noticed that the system was getting hot and one of the games around the it was warm to the touch so they shut it off and called someone to come take a look at it but untill then it'd be off for a couple days. WTF is going on with all these Walmarts, that's the only reason I went there............ If you let a system run 24/7 in a cramped display case with no air flow they are going to get a little warm. To top it off EB next door wasn't open yet.... Wasted trip and no 360 love for me. :(

I played COD2. Not too bad, but FPS games aren't really my thing. Also, that "X" button in the middle of the controller that brings up that "blade" really seems to be in the way, at least for me. I accidently hit it at least eight times when I was trying to shoot Nazis.

Salinas, CA

I played CoD for a bit and it was fun. Running around and flanking enemies, throwing smoke grenades for cover, running into buildings and killing the enemies, it was great. I stopped after about 10 minutes because my hands got tired (the controller is comfortable but it was because I'm tall and I had to pull the controller up). It made me want to get an xbox 360 for about 5 minutes after playing but then the feeling went away.

Clarksville, Tn has them. Played Kameo, COD and King Kong. Can't wait until the 19th when I'm playing NFS: Most Wanted on my own 360. Kameo was gorgeous, but the controls take a few minutes to get use to. COD was awesome, I'm a former soldier, a fan of FPS and this was a great demo. Kong was just as great as the first two, but the lack of a life gauge changes the game. By not having one it immerses the player, but once the screen flashes red once you're dead. They could of at least give you a few more hits instead of flash oops you're dead.

The WM in Oregon , OH. on navarre has a up and running display. I must say that my intrest has only gotten bigger the the 360, but I will still wait for a price drop/better games before I buy.

San Antonio, TX has one in the Wal-Mart on DeZevala. I didn't get to play it since there were little children always playing it. Oh well.

I beat the COD2 demo and was really impressed. I wonder how the picture quality will compare between the dispaly model and my 360 running at home. (The demo unit was running on a high-def tv, which I don't have)

The Burke, VA Walmart has their 360 kiosk up. I have to say my favorite demo was Call of Duty. That game was just simply amazing. It had awesome detail and frame rate. No noticable slowdown either. I think Call of Duty could be the best title at launch.

Beavercreek, OH has it, but I don't think they've got it set up properly. The colors are bright but there are jaggies like it's nobody's business.

I couldn't play Call of Duty 2 for more than a few minutes... a) jaggie hell and b) neck pain.

i played it today at the Gamestop in South Coast Plaza. there was a sign saying that you had to be 17 and older, and could only play for 10 minutes, but i knew the worker there so i played until i beat the Call of Duty 2 demo. i must say, the controller was a lot smaller than i had expected.

[quote name='cyberlian']I beat the COD2 demo and was really impressed. I wonder how the picture quality will compare between the dispaly model and my 360 running at home. (The demo unit was running on a high-def tv, which I don't have)[/QUOTE]I'm going to guess not as good.;)

I know that a WalMart in Garland has a 360 setup and there's also a CompUSA in the Dallas area that has a 360. Are these kiosks still hard to find in some areas?

Didn't see one at either Fishkill, NY or Kingston, NY Walmarts.
I did however, see a kiosk at the Target in Poughkeepsie, NY. I think the Kingston, NY Target had one too, but the store was closing and I only saw something that looked like the other Target's kiosk on the way out...

bread's done
Back