Spelunky and PSN+

snowsquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I have been waiting for Spelunky to be a freebie on PSN+. But it just became $3.75 for members, so that is good enough.

But it looks like it is no longer cross buy. It used to be $15 for both systems, now it seems like it is $7.50 for each (on sale for $3.75).

Am I reading this wrong? If it is no longer cross-buy, I have to really think about which platform I want it for... leaning towards Vita....

Sony does somethings backwards, if I am not mistaken if you buy it the game off the Vita store, it is only good on the Vita, however if you buy it off the PS3 store, it works on both.

I bought Spelunky on Vita store yesterday and it let me download the full version on PS3 when I got home that evening. It should be in your download list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the Vita version on sale a couple days ago and it clearly says in the description "Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3 system and PS Vita system versions!"

Does this also have cross save as well?  Like if I unlock an new item in the journal on Vita it wont show up on PS3.  I noticed the multiplayer is only LAN (hopefully they patch in online play some point), but I did try a LAN game with PS3 and Vita as one of the other players, which was kinda neat.

Yes, stuff unlocked on Vita is unlocked on PS3.

PS3 + Vita coop is super fun. Please add me to your friends list: Crunchewy. Say who you are here and that it's for Spelunky. I play every day.

I'm glad we have a thread now. I can give some tips. First, you can throw rope down instead of up by standing at an edge, holding Down and throwing the rope. Useful!

[quote name="Sinistar" post="11370060" timestamp="1387584968"]Any word on if they will add online co-op?[/quote]

Not that I've heard. I kind of doubt it as it's a precision platformer, but I'm no expert on such things.

There is a pretty easy way to kill the shopkeeper if you are so inclined to do that, even if its not a weapon shop. It will cost you one rope and one bomb.

What you do is put a rope just outside the door (one square away from the door). Then you go into the shop and pick up an item (don't buy it) and carefully walk toward the exit, but be absolutely sure you go up the rope and don't go past the rope even slightly. If you do you are dead. If you go up the rope the shopkeeper will follow you and end up right below you. So then you point yourself back toward the shop and then go back down and carefully place the item back on the floor - IN THE SHOP. If you set it outside of the shop you are dead. If you throw it you are dead.

Now the shopkeepers are dumb. He will just stand there in that spot at the bottom of the rope. So you walk out of the store, turn around and carefully set a bomb on the ground in front of him (but not on him and definitely don't throw it). It doesn't have to be that close so don't push it. Step back and BOOM. Dead shopkeeper. Grab everything and look for the shotgun (which probably went flying and often ends up on the level below).

This will take a few tries for sure, but you'll soon be able to kill the shopkeeper easily. If you're going for score, such as in the Daily Challenge, you pretty much want to kill every shopkeeper if possible. They drop gold plus you get items for free. Of course once you anger the shopkeepers they will stay angry and one will be guarding the exit from then on.

Bought it a few weeks ago, it was cross buy for me. I bought it on my Vita and when I went on my PS3 it was ready for download in my history.

Here is a great tip when playing Vita + PS3 coop: When the Vita player is dead and the shopkeepers are angry, have the Vita player's ghost blow away the shopkeeper waiting at the exit (I think you press the square button). The shopkeeper will drop his shotgun and the Vita ghost can slowly blow it toward the other players. :whistle2:

bread's done
Back