Spend $15+ on XBL, get FREE $5 Xbox Gift Card @ multiple retailers

Dund3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Free $5 Digital Gift Card for Xbox Live when you spend $15 or more on Xbox Live and upload your receipt to your phone by texting "XBOX LIVE" to 30364.

Follow the Best Buy link here for full details. 

UPDATE: This appears to be part of a larger Xbox promotion called 'Get the Most With Xbox Live'.  The free gift card part of the promotion spans multiple retailers, not just Best Buy.

Full promotional details from Xbox here.

3. Timing: The Promotion begins on March 29, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 31, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.

4.a.i. Purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox Gift Card: During the Promotion Period, purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox gift card (for $15 or more) from a retail location (online purchases are not eligible) ("Qualified Purchase") and take a picture of your receipt ("Receipt"). Then, during the Promotion Period, visit https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost (the "Website") complete and submit the registration form, and upload the image of your receipt. After Sponsor verifies your receipt, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The receipt image must not exceed five (5) MB in size and must be in a .jpg format.

5. Special Offer: For each Receipt for a Qualified Purchase that is uploaded at https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost with a completed registration form, and which is verified by Sponsor, you will receive a $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code. Limit: Ten (10) $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Codes per person and email address. Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code will be sent via email approximately four (4) days after the receipt has been uploaded.

NOTE: Qualified Purchase’s Receipt must be dated within the Promotion Period. The $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code expires December 31, 2014. Winner must REDEEM and SPEND the promotional value according to the terms and conditions and the expiration dates that are provided. See www.microsoft.com/giftcard for more information. Code valid for eligible purchases (exclusions apply) at select Microsoft online stores. Offer good only to U.S. residents who are not employed by government agencies or other entities and organizations that prohibit employees from receiving gifts for personal use. This offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. It ends on May 31, 2014 Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any issues regarding gift card eligibility will be resolved by Microsoft using its sole discretion. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice.

rc8o3k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else concerned about the fact that no one has received a rebate yet?
Yes and no. It's a rebate company and no one on any site seems to have yet so probably just par for the course. Imagine they're also rather swamped and don't process on the weekend. On the other hand they pulled the promo from xbox.com. That's why those of us that were suckers to try it first mostly restrained ourselves to one or two cards.

I swear I only uploaded 8 receipts, but when I try to upload another one it says I uploaded 10, has anyone tried uploading a receipt lately? I have this feeling they cut me/everyone off early. I'm going to take a screen cap of the page that says 10 receipts, so if they tell me I only uploaded 8 I at least have something to show them.

I have contacted Microsoft yesterday and they sent everything over to a departments that specializes in promos. I should here back from them either today or tomorrow, I'll keep everyone posted. I submitted 120.00 worth from three different transactions on day one and still nothing so I gave them a ring yesterday.

I have contacted Microsoft yesterday and they sent everything over to a departments that specializes in promos. I should here back from them either today or tomorrow, I'll keep everyone posted. I submitted 120.00 worth from three different transactions on day one and still nothing so I gave them a ring yesterday.
You didn't maximize this offer at all. You spent too much on only 3 transactions. You're only going to get $15.

So I submitted a "Where is My Rebate' request through the prize website and got the following response.

[SIZE=12pt]Thank you for contacting us.  I do show that we have received your submission and it is currently being reviewed.  I apologize for the delay, as soon as it has been reviewed and if it is accepted, you will receive your reward.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email.

Have a great day![/SIZE]

So I guess they are just swamped with submissions that it's taking so much longer than they anticipated. I only did 1 and won't max out until I get a  confirmation first.

So I submitted a "Where is My Rebate' request through the prize website and got the following response.

Thank you for contacting us. I do show that we have received your submission and it is currently being reviewed. I apologize for the delay, as soon as it has been reviewed and if it is accepted, you will receive your reward.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email.

Have a great day!

So I guess they are just swamped with submissions that it's taking so much longer than they anticipated. I only did 1 and won't max out until I get a confirmation first.
Got the same exact email.

And by the time everyone who waiting for confirmation emails get those email Microsoft going to be out of the rebates to give since it says while supplies last

I won a lame month of hulu plus...
What's even lamer is that the fine print states that you can only win 1 instant game prize in total.

After winning an XBLA game early on it hasn't stopped me from clicking each day, but it makes a lot of sense when I keep losing...

lol, I went to get a $15 card at BB today and realized it wouldn't qualify since they are on sale today
Yeah, I didn't buy any either because it doesn't say buy a $15 card it says spend $15. Might work still but when everything is still up in the air with this why mess around over 75 cents?

I won a 3 month sub to xbox music, I'll prolly throw it on ebay for 15$ buy it now, see what happens.

We're really just waiting to see if those of us that used store credit to purchase credit get disqualified or not, which would be pretty silly.
Definitely. Was going to splurge on 3 $15 cards, but have held off.. might just apply my $45 card to Watch Dogs instead, esp. if I anticipate getting it anyway.

But then I probably won't bother with the MS cards. Go figure.

lol, I went to get a $15 card at BB today and realized it wouldn't qualify since they are on sale today
Oh no! I bought a few $15 cards today in hopes to send in a few receipts and I didn't know that I had to spend $15 in order to qualify because they rang up as $14.25 each. I also remember my first card I purchased used my Reward zone $5 bonus too. So I've been sending in images which do not qualify and just spending my money frivolously?

Fortunately, the cashier only allowed me to purchase only 4 cards, and I was ready to spend for all 10. Yet, I would likely not have spent the $60 (actually $52), had I known beforehand (even though I can afford it) that it would disqualify me from the rebate. First world problems and all, but I guess that's why I worked overtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no! I bought a few $15 cards today in hopes to send in a few receipts and I didn't know that I had to spend $15 in order to qualify because they rang up as $14.25 each. I also remember my first card I purchased used my Reward zone $5 bonus too. So I've been sending in images which do not qualify and just spending my money frivolously?

Fortunately, the cashier only allowed me to purchase only 4 cards, and I was ready to spend for all 10. Yet, I would likely not have spent the $60 (actually $52), had I known beforehand (even though I can afford it) that it would disqualify me from the rebate. First world problems and all, but I guess that's why I worked overtime.
I'm curious to see how this works. I've submited 3 so far, but 2 of them have been 15 dollar cards that i actually ended up spending something like 13 bucks for a piece. Either way, I haven't gotten the first purchase, a $25 card, and it doesnt look like anyone else has - no matter what they've spent.

I'll wait on the rest - too bad, because I was about to get 10 of them just to maximize return. I just went all digital.

Got my first 5$ email subject is "Congrats! You're a Winner"

The receipt you uploaded has been verified.

Here's your $5 promotional Xbox Gift Card digital code:

Got my first 5$ email subject is "Congrats! You're a Winner"

The receipt you uploaded has been verified.

Here's your $5 promotional Xbox Gift Card digital code:
Same here, right at 3a.m. EST. 1 of 10, hopefully the rest trickle out today. I was starting to have my doubts that this wouldn't work.

Picked up one of the $25 cards at Best Buy with the 5% off earlier today for $23.75, so $1.25 off and then an extra $5...not bad :D

Damn.  Wish I got in on the Best Buy deal earlier today now.  I was going to, but without the $5 bonus it didn't seem worth it.  And since no one had received their bonus yet . . . well, wasn't going to risk it.

Damn damn damn.

Damn. Wish I got in on the Best Buy deal earlier today now. I was going to, but without the $5 bonus it didn't seem worth it. And since no one had received their bonus yet . . . well, wasn't going to risk it.

Damn damn damn.
If it makes you feel better you only lost 75 cents and we still don't know if it would have invalidated the offer anyway..

All in all, this is a pretty damn good deal.

I mean, you figure that if you pay $45 on the cards, you end up with $60 . . . enough to get a digital download of a full game on day one.  Can't go wrong there.

bread's done
Back