Spend $40+ twice on your Amex at Walmart, get $20 back, ends 12/18

This deal ends on Dec 18...I would have done this had i known earlier. I dont need anything from walmart within the next 3 days though.

Thanks. I signed up, but I don't know if I'll actually make the 2 purchases in time. I wish I had known about it before - I just spent $40 at Walmart yesterday morning, doh!

Thanks OP. I signed up. Its easy for me to spend $40 twice there in the next 3 days. I need groceries anyways and then I'll just buy a game or something.

[quote name='encendido5']Apparently it works for gift cards too.[/quote]

This is pretty sweet considering if you have nothing to buy at walmart this week then you can just sit on the gift cards until you do have something to buy. I think I'll give this a shot.

[quote name='encendido5']Apparently it works for gift cards too.[/quote]

Are you sure?

D. Merchant Offer Terms and Conditions THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO EVERY MERCHANT OFFER, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFED IN THE TEXT OF THE OFFER OR AT THE POINT OF PURCHASE: SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY; OFFER CAN ONLY BE REDEEMED BY FOLLOWING THE REDEMPTION INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED WITH THE OFFER (EITHER VIA EMAIL OR DIRECT MAIL) OR ON THE PROGRAM SITE; OFFER CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH OTHER PROMOTIONS OR OFFERS; OFFER NOT VALID ON GIFT CARDS, GIFT CERTIFICATES, OR PRIOR PURCHASES. OTHER RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO SUBSTITUTIONS OR TRANSFERS WILL BE ALLOWED.

It wouldn't be the first time that something was allowed even though the terms stated it wasn't, but where did you get that it works on gift cards?

[quote name='guessed']Are you sure?

It wouldn't be the first time that something was allowed even though the terms stated it wasn't, but where did you get that it works on gift cards?[/QUOTE]
I believe people have reported that it works but obviously YMMV on gift cards.

Nice, this is going to be even better for some of the folks who pricematched the Rock Band 2 bundle at Wal-Mart. All I need to do is figure out which video game to buy for my second $40 transaction.

Bought two $50 gift cards on two separate transactions via WalMart.com after signing up for the promo last month. Took a while but, yep, $20 credit on the account. All American Express saw was that I made two $51.87 transactions via WalMart.com so no worries [damn that $3.74 total in shipping charges :whistle2:D]

bread's done
Back