Spider-Man 3

[quote name='Thomas96']Damn... since the ps3 IS using the spiderman font, as its logo, I would think that Spiderman the game... on ps3 would be the best version... Its a game Sony may use to push additional ps3s... and that's assuming that the game is good.[/quote]

I doubt it will be that much different from the 360 version. Other then the CE for the PS3 and all the "exclusive" content I don't think they changed to much for the PS3. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they offered some of the same things, or even new content, via download later on XBL. Haven't seen it written anywhere but just a hunch I have.

I've looked at the animations and so on, and it doesn't look that much improved. It looks great, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't make me go "WOW! Now that is next gen! I need a PS3 for this." Not that the game won't be great, just I don't think they really focused on using all of the system's power.

It would have been smarter to offer the CE at the same cost of the 360 version and only had one version for the PS3. That way they could have really pushed the extra content and I think sold a bit more systems to people looking to be the New Goblin. But that wasn't this companies goal, so I'm not surprised they are "blanketing" Spider-Man on all the systems.

[quote name='NamPaehc']

I've looked at the animations and so on, and it doesn't look that much improved. It looks great, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't make me go "WOW! Now that is next gen! I need a PS3 for this." Not that the game won't be great, just I don't think they really focused on using all of the system's power.
.[/quote]

Thats how I felt. What a let down by SONY, and activision. I hope Acti loses the marvel license soon.

[quote name='Dhuk']Thats how I felt. What a let down by SONY, and activision. I hope Acti loses the marvel license soon.[/quote]

It is more activision then Sony. Sony has the movie rights but not the game which is why you see it on all the other platforms. Remember this is a movie tie-in so as usual that means "easy money" for developers. I'm sure a rock with a spider-man 3 sticker slapped on it would sell like mad.

Sure they want to give everyone a decent game (everyone as in ANYONE who owns ANY system haha...) but no they didn't go above and beyond what might be expected. Disappointing? Yes. Expected? Very.

The fact that IGN held off on putting up the review until today, is proof enough that it was going to get a bad review. It seems that more often than not, the reviews that take a while to come out (on or after) the release date, are sure fire signs of bad scores.

I dunno if it's pressure from the publishers, or IGN's policy.

Anywho, I've still gotta rent the bad spidey!

I just read this impression from someone and am changing my mind...

Some missions are really cheezy. Like one where you take your girlfriend for a "ride"....no, not that type of ride, but you swing through the city , she barks commands....go higher or lower, and little hearts float around as she gets impressed.

[quote name='captmurphy']soliddragon... there was a review embargo on the game until today to prevent spoilers[/QUOTE]

Really? Ok, that's a valid excuse, but at some level, thats just another tool for some companies to drum up sales before a bad review tanks their profits. i mean, the Metal Gear Solid 2 review [IGN] never revealed one of the biggest secrets ever in a video game, AND it had screenshots of the Tanker level.

But anyways, that does provide an adequate explanation for the lack of reviews

The stupid green goblin exclusive level sucked me into buying this game.

However, after reading about the brilliant ram error by the programming team I knew this game was in trouble.

Luckily, I only paid like $55 for my Collector's edition. Oh well ....

[quote name='NamPaehc']How'd I know you were going to ask that?

Image 1
Image 2

I can't find the good shot I saw before, but those are what I have now. Sorry about the quality.

Here is a video of the "New Goblin" character. (Only in the CE)

Thats the PS3 CE in both the links I posted (the Xbox doesn't have a CE version).[/quote]

Actually isn't metal. Just a normal PS3 case with a cardboard sleeve.

Anyway, the game isn't too bad but I didn't like the other Spider-Man games so I think for fans of those they will like this.

[quote name='icruise']Gamespot gave it a 6.6. At least the PS3 version is on par with the 360 version, which also got the same score.[/QUOTE]

They 360 version has been reported to have better framerates. They are both not that great, but 360's was better.

Yes, I did hear that (and considering how it was developed for the 360 and ported to the PS3, it's not surprising). But judging from these scores, it's not something like the difference between the 360 and PS3 versions of FEAR.

bread's done
Back