Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions - now available! - Cosmic Spider DLC coming

The witty quips in this game make me laugh my ass off. Especially with Ultimate Spidey. "Oh, man, that hertz. Get it? Hertz! With a Z!!"

Also, the Bombtastic Bagman alt costume for Amazing spidey ftw!

I'm loving the Deadpool level. (mainly cause I'm a huge deadpool fan) Hell I'm not sure I even want to beat the Deadpool level cause then I have to beat Deadpool. I do like how the voices are different throughout the universes.

This game is seriously awesome.

It's does for Spider-Man fans what War for Cybertron did for Transformer fans, imo. I just finished the Kraven level, and the voices and references are spot on. I feel like they've finally nailed the voice and mannerisms of Spider-Man this time.

It's obvious Beenox are huge fans of Spider-Man and the universe, and it shows. The gameplay won't blow you away (again, similar to War for Cybertron in that regard) but it does its job. I'm playing on Hard and never encountered any camera issues or combat issues so far, but I've only played the first stage. The first person segment that I played was short, easy to control, and a nice change. Kind of like Spider-Man Punch Out, haha.

The stages are linear, but still feel very wide open, at least this first level. I think moving away from open world did the series a ton of good.

It's a shame this game is going to get lost in the September shuffle. I know it's popular to hate Activision right now, but damn if they aren't doing a good job making games that cater to franchise fans.

Right, Up, Left, Right, Up, Left, Right, Up, Left, Right Unlock Scarlet-Spider Skin

L,R,R,D,R,D,U,R Unlock Negative Zone suit

.up, right, right, right, left, left, left, down, up Unlock Iron Spidey suit

[quote name='Morphx2']where are those entered[/QUOTE]
At the main menu, but you have to complete the tutorial first before codes

I am enjoying the small bit I played. Sadly, I am going to be away from my xbox till Thursday (not my choice) so I will be in Reach mode after that.

All the reviews seem to be positive. Averaging 8/10. So I guess everyone can agree this is a good Spidey game.

But the only Spider-Man game I absolutely hated was Spider-Man 3. Didn't even make it past the opening level. Friend of Foe wasn't very good either but it made for some easy achievements.

Everyone seems to like the Noir levels, but hows 2099? That's the one I'm most excited about since I was huge fan of the 2099 brand back in the day. I was hoping they would look beyond just Spider-Man and add in other 2099 versions of Marvel characters. I would love to see Doom, Hulk or the X-Men 2099 versions, even if they are just quick cameos.

Im playing on regular and the boss fights prove to be a challenge...you definitely get a sense of relief when you beat 'em

Just finished the Sandman part last night...getting on later

Well, just beat the game. I really enjoyed the final Ultimate Spidey stage/fight with Carnage. So well put together. Great game, overall. I'd put it right behind Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I would really like a stand alone Noir or 2099 game now. Hell, I could go for another Ultimate Spidey game if they stick to the comics and use this game as a basis.

Also,
Prepare yourselves for the funniest moment in the game during the credits. I will just this; Bacon!

I gamefly'd it and decided to play it on hard to get my playtime's worth. It took me about 12 hours or so, but my god is this game frustrating bugs wise. At times the frame rate would lock into a sluggish pace forcing me to restart my console, and during the last mission I had several freezes forcing me to restart as well. Apparently I'm not the only one with these issues. It's still a fun game, but in my opinion clearly a bargain bin title.

I'm about halfway through. I like how web zipping is locked making for clean zips. I was hoping the air battle system from Web of Shadows would be intact, at least in 2099.

Shattered Dimensions shows sprinkles of genius. There were many missed opportunities, and given enough time it could have been another Arkaham Asylum. With that said I am not disappointed. It's a great Spidey game especially for fans. I'm tired of sandbox Spidey games so this was refreshing.

Just beat this. I can safely say this is a good Spidey game, not "Amazing" but good. 2099 was my favorite and oddly enough the original Spider-Man levels were my least favorite.

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of them either. Except The Sandman, I liked that stage. Ultimate was probably my favorite, but Noir and 2099 were amazing. I just liked going rage mode and fucking shit up all over the place. Especially the Carnage stage.

spider-man-shattered-dimensions-20101009074945184.jpg

DLC announced

Surprise, the new Cosmic Spider-Man designs all look better than the original (IMO).

Too little, too late.

Anyone who got it at launch has already beaten it and moved on, and anyone who hasn't yet bought it is waiting for a price drop and won't care about the skins to begin with.

How are those designs any different than the cosmic ones that were in the GameStop DLC? I saw those designs back before the game came out, they were showcased on Marvel's website.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']How are those designs any different than the cosmic ones that were in the GameStop DLC? I saw those designs back before the game came out, they were showcased on Marvel's website.[/QUOTE]

They are one and the same.

It's just Activision selling the preorder DLC and Marvel acting like it's something new.

Anybody else just find the 2099 missions to be absolutely boring? It could be that I just hate the character, but I thought they played the worse too. I never felt the need to use accelerated time or whatever it was called. I only did it for the Web of Destiny challenges.

I missed the air combat from WoS a lot. Sad they didn't keep it in.

bread's done
Back