Spider-Man Web of Shadows

EDiddy0042

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Anybody hear anything regarding this game? I have watched the videos for it and it looks like it could be solid. I know it was released today, and with all the other top-line games coming out, this probably won't be on the top of anyone's list, but any reviews, be they from CAG's or an online magazine site would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Bought this today with a gift card, and me a friend played it for a few today, and its pretty good. At one point I was in the black suit - and with it you can pickup and throw cars- so I do this and a civilian gets hurt. The game tells me to take him to the hospital and I don't. Then I get +5 points for the black suit, for making a immoral decision while wearing it. The camera is greatly improved too. Good Stuff so far.

I really, really want this game. I've been in heaven and have absolutely loved the slate of games Activision has released over the past few years, including the Spiderman series. I greatly enjoyed Spiderman 3, and have been looking forward to this oen for some time. I'll probably pick it up as it gets closer to Christmas, and hopefully some good deal or sale will pop up for it.

Thanks for the input. I usually try and look past what the critics say and look at what fellow gamers think, because they usually have the unbiased opinions. Like whoknows, I will probably wait for a price drop as I am more of a HULK fan than spider-man. Thanks again.

Metacritic doesn't have a terrible score for it overall- but i think i'll be skipping this one (at least until it hits clearance prices). I was really looking forward to it, until I read the IGN review. The fact that he started off saying that Spider-man 2 was his favorit game in the franchise sold the rest of the review for me. I really loved Spider-man 2, and have been waiting for a sequel of the same quality. The reviewer (and his second opinion reviewer) made it sound like this wasn't it.

Spiderman has so much potential as a game, it makes me sad that there are barely ever any developers taking advantage of such an awesome ability. Maybe Bionic Commando 3D will be enough...hopefully you can jump in it....

Until then, I'm going to play my Spiderman 2. A very simple game, but quite fun.

You guys need to write impressions about this game! I may get it if the gamer community likes it.

[quote name='nbballard']Metacritic doesn't have a terrible score for it overall- but i think i'll be skipping this one (at least until it hits clearance prices). I was really looking forward to it, until I read the IGN review. The fact that he started off saying that Spider-man 2 was his favorit game in the franchise sold the rest of the review for me. I really loved Spider-man 2, and have been waiting for a sequel of the same quality. The reviewer (and his second opinion reviewer) made it sound like this wasn't it.[/quote]

Agreed. I checked out the videos when they first released about a month ago and I really though it would be a very solid game. I never played Spider-Man 2, but I did play Ultimate Spider-Man and I felt that was a decent game. Disappointing indeed.

Gamespot gave it a pretty decent review and an 8/10. I'm still on the fence with this one...does it have a decent replay value? The GS review says it takes 12 hours per play through...just wonder if its worth a second.

I think there are some replay there, twice so far Ive had to chose between doing something as red Spidey, and as black. Iver read these choices affect the ending. Right now I'm playing it through as 'evil' black Spidey

bread's done
Back