Spiderman 2099 comic books?

pacemakerguy

CAGiversary!
anywhere i could get a huge bunch of the comic books? not sure if they released a big book for it yet like they have for the amazing spiderman
thanks

looks like it was only 46 issues. just looked at ebay and the prices are around 1-5 bucks. as for the essentials I don't think they have.

Marvel actually put out a trade collecting the first 10 issues last year.

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-2099-Graphic-Novels/dp/0785139648

The flip side is if you spend the time to track down the individual issues they tend to run less than a buck a piece. I suggest comic shows or local shops that have been in business a while. Most have huge unsold stock from the 90's that they're desperate to get rid of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the Marvel 2099 line was the one of the most over-hyped and underwhelming releases of the '90s. Hulk 2099 and Ghost Rider 2099 were particularly bad.

This thread reminds me that I should seriously take inventory of the comics I have and list them up on CAG, though I have mostly 90's stuff as well, which is fairly worthless from a collector's standpoint.

That may explain why I never had so much as even a nibble on the partial list I had up on my trade list for a while.:roll: Everybody on here and in general wants 'zomg minty mint mint' and 'zomg super valuable' and they want them for $.20 each.:roll:

I loved the Punisher book when it was ongoing...looking back on it, it's the one book where I wonder what the hell I was thinking, it wasn't very good. Shrug. I was in middle school at the time. I have every issue of it. The last several issues where he apparently went crazier and turned into a "bad guy" confused the hell out of me.

Didn't have much time for the others. Didn't go beyond #1 for Spider-Man or Ravage, stopped at the 4th one on Doom.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I loved the Punisher book when it was ongoing...looking back on it, it's the one book where I wonder what the hell I was thinking, it wasn't very good. Shrug. I was in middle school at the time. I have every issue of it. The last several issues where he apparently went crazier and turned into a "bad guy" confused the hell out of me.

Didn't have much time for the others. Didn't go beyond #1 for Spider-Man or Ravage, stopped at the 4th one on Doom.[/QUOTE]
I have virtually all of the Punisher 2099 ones as well, but I found out that I'm missing some of the final issues.

The last time I bought any comics was when the Garth Ennis M rated Punisher series started. I got up till the one issue and then I just stopped.

Much like cigarettes/smoking and other 'vices' I've had before once something I view as non-essential gets to a level where I'm spending an inordinate amount on it and not getting much enjoyment from it then I quit.:D;)

yah i may try ebay or amazon. also not to start another thread but whats the different between spiderman noir and spiderman noir eyes without a face?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Much like cigarettes/smoking and other 'vices' I've had before once something I view as non-essential gets to a level where I'm spending an inordinate amount on it and not getting much enjoyment from it then I quit.:D;)[/QUOTE]

Shit, I spent a fortune on almost the entire Ultimate Marvel works. Like 20 hardcovers and 15 TPBs...and I can't figure out why. I'd sell all that shit right now if shipping a ten ton box of books wouldn't cost so much.

[quote name='pacemakerguy']yah i may try ebay or amazon. also not to start another thread but whats the different between spiderman noir and spiderman noir eyes without a face?[/QUOTE]

Eyes Without a Face is just a sequel to the first Spidey Noir run.

yah i'm having a lot of trouble finding the original Noir on ebay or anywhere else. always get the eyes without a face books...very annoying

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Yeah, the Marvel 2099 line was the one of the most over-hyped and underwhelming releases of the '90s. Hulk 2099 and Ghost Rider 2099 were particularly bad.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. They were all pretty bad. I know I had my comic store saving me at least a few of the series at the very start. Have to admit I fell for the hype.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have virtually all of the Punisher 2099 ones as well, but I found out that I'm missing some of the final issues.[/QUOTE]
I have all the issues of the main series, but what pissed me off is they finished the character in some one-shot issue that had a crossover with all the 2099 characters. Never even saw it on shelves. Annoying.

bread's done
Back