Spiderman 3 PS2 IGN Review - 3.5 - Holy ****

damn maybe the oes for the ps3 and 360 will be better? damn though man damn. id have bought it for the ps2.

I got it for 360 this morning.
So far the only thing that irritates me is the camera in the inside levels(like the sewer and stuff). Spidey moves so fast that the camera has trouble keeping up with him inside for some reason. Outside areas(most of the time I am here) are just fine. There are some other minor kinks, that were actually issues in spiderman 2 are bothersome but I can overlook them. The boss battles are a big improvement, most of them so far have been really cool. I still have not got to the part with black spidey, but the game is fun so far.
Overall, I would probably give it about an 8.3 or so as of yet.

Can't really comment on the PS2 version though.

Most of the reviews for the 360/PS3 have been around 6.0 and I am hearing that the PS3 suffers problems in comparison to the 360 version.

Have not heard much about the Wii version other than having the same problems from the ps2 version netting it 3.0 scores. Sucks too because I really wanted this game to be good.

Whaaat? After Spider-Man 2?... A... bad... Spidey game?

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGRRRRGRGGHHHGHGHGHGH!!!

*Chokes self with mouse cord, collapses*

Ultimate Spider Man was just the beginning of the shittiness, apparently.

Shocking, though.. 3.5 is serious, whenever any of these popular sites goes below 5, especially on a major title from a big publisher like activision...

[quote name='uberzone']It's a game based off a movie, are you really that surprised?[/QUOTE]

Worse, it's a SUPERHERO game based off a movie.

[quote name='keithp']Worse, it's a SUPERHERO game based off a movie.[/quote]

Right, but Spider-Man has usually been an exception to the rule. Ultimate Spider-Man hit around the 8.0 mark, Spider-Man 2 was around 8.8 or 9, SpiderMan: The Movie was low to mid-8's.. so this definately comes as shocking

[quote name='Scorch']Right, but Spider-Man has usually been an exception to the rule. Ultimate Spider-Man hit around the 8.0 mark, Spider-Man 2 was around 8.8 or 9, SpiderMan: The Movie was low to mid-8's.. so this definately comes as shocking[/QUOTE]
Treyarch made those games. The problem is Treyarch didnt work on the PS2/Wii version of spiderman 3.

Is this like playing Tony Hawk 3 on PS1 when it came out for PS2, or Madden 2001 on PS1 for the same? Wow that is a really low score.

I was plesanly surprised with the 360 version for the first day of rental. After I got over the pretty sweet web swinging, its got nothing. It reminds me of a faster version of crackdown in some ways. I wouldn't suggest this if your not into comics/spidey. Combat is megaturdlicious, marvel ultimate alliance is better and it has 4 peeps at one time. Oh well, back to Catan. I'll trade you some hardwood for a virile sheep, any takers?

Hey, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was one of the finest action games I've played in ages. Even Marvel Nemesis could bring a great amount of Vs. mode fun. Comic book games can hardly be called instantly bad.

And anyone who didn't go in expecting goodness didn't play Spiderman 2, or if they did, has no soul.

I watched people play the Wii version at the Ninty World Store yesterday and it looked like ass...

The ps2 review is hilarious! :lol:

After I got over the pretty sweet web swinging, its got nothing.

I felt this way about Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man. Sometimes I still pop Spider-Man 2 in just to swing around the city.

Hey, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was one of the finest action games I've played in ages.

Probably the best video game ever based off of a comic book character.

The first two Spider-Man games were incredibly overrated and both sucked ass so this is not suprising to me.

[quote name='Rozz']The first two Spider-Man games were incredibly overrated and both sucked ass so this is not suprising to me.[/quote]
Yeah, the first two PS2 games pretty much sucked. The first one was pretty much like the original PS1 Spider-Man game, except that it sucked. The second game improved things, but was repetitive as hell. The only Spider-man game I enjoyed last gen was Ultimate Spider-man and that's probably cause it was the only one that was close to the comic book.

Spider-man 3 was just a cheap cash in for Activision, much like most of their movie-based games are(Fantastic Four). I would be surprised if it somehow became a Greatest Hit cause so many people got suckered into buying it.

For christ's sake. How the fuck was Activision not able to get it together for this game? I mean, we're talking about what was guaranteed to be one of the biggest movies in history. It didn't have to be a great game, but I thought they could really apply themselves and eek out something at least a tad above average. Oh, well.

bread's done
Back