Splatoon 2 Tester

What did you guys like and dislike?

Coming from PS4 FPS this is very different

My biggest hardship is controlling the character and the reticle simultaneously

Still looks like good potential

Thoughts on your experiences ?

I wasted no time turning the motion controls off in the options.

I'll deal with that once the game is out, so far It's amazing how stable it is.

VIA WIFI i had some disconnect issues but docked with the Plugable 3.0 LAN ADAPTER i bought

i only disconnected once in 3 out of the 4 hours so far.

I will be doing some streaming tonight so we'll see how it deals with bandwidth limitations

but the game itself is just fun. Much improved from the first one.

Never played the game before, though I knew what it was but just wasn't interested.  I played one full hour with the system docked, over wifi, with standard joycons in the grip.  No hiccups or net issues.  Overall, I found the experience decent but nothing really special.  The two arenas felt so similar to me that I thought there was just one arena and I was just noticing new things I hadn't seen.    I didn't figure out the motion aiming in time... but granted this was my first actual play session with the Switch.  So I hadn't started my save in Zelda yet and got used to the fine motion aiming in it.

This game overall doesn't really appeal to me.  I'm just not big into online multiplayer arena battles and the painting mechanic started to feel more like doing chores than having fun.   If there is a demo later showing off more of the game I'll give that a shot, but as is, I don't think I'll be buying this when it comes out.

I am excited if for nothing else the SP was fantastic for the original and it seems from what I have seen it will be even better for the second I can't wait till july.

Anyone doing the Splatfest on the 15th? A four-hour demo sounds nice. I already have it preordered since I absolutely loved the first one. I have my friend code on the wiki thread. If anyone wants to team up, lets get a team going. I thought about making a new thread, but I ultimately decided to just bump up this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played 8 games of the splatfest. Lost my first 7, came in 2nd or 1st on my team 7 out of 8 times.

I had to quit after 8, not getting any points towards new gear and losing 7 in a row got to me. I didn't mind losing but when progress would not be saved for the full game, stopped really caring.

Although really excited for the full game because Splatoon is a really great shooter.

I played maybe 5 matches.  I noticed they tweaked the tower map some.  It was a night map.  And they had some shortcuts in there like the single player game had in Splatoon 1. 

Also noticed some more graphical touches.  Paint looked wetter for example.  

I got disconnected a few times.  

I think I won every match lol.  

I won quite a few. I played with a pro controller and I did much better. I played the first one, but it was such a long time ago that the difference were missed on me. I like it and will be getting it on release. Definitely missing some of the other weapons that weren't in the Splatfest, and I can't wait to unlock those.

bread's done
Back